1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Art II speaks.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by CK 13, Jan 16, 2019.

1. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    So it's ok to trash the players and coach but the owners are off limits? If that's the case then somebody should tell Pirate fans they're breaking the rules.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    :facepalm:

3. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Maybe this team isn't as good as you think it is :shrug:.

4. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    The Pats have no business being in the AFC championship game again if we're basing it on overall team talent, yet here we are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Maybe not but they are certainly better than the Browns,Oakland and Denver ....so there is that :shrug:

6. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I wonder if the cheats win #6 if Artie will call and congratulate Kraft? As his team has wasted years away. But we won the regular season again because as Artie says the fans are all about wins and losses :lolol:

Hopefully he doesn't extend Tomlin. That would be a great start. We shall see.

7. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    They lost the turnover battle in all 3 games too :shrug:, dispute that.

8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The Pats also play in the easiest division, they always get a 1 or 2 seed, then just have to win 1 divisional game at home to get to the AFCCG.

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  10. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

So beating the weak teams you're supposed to beat is the secret? Go figure.

If the Steelers were in the AFCE they'd lose a game or two every yr vs Mia or NYJ. How do I know this, because when they do play those teams away, they usually lose. Even when they stink.

You might also look at Steeler performance in home playoff games, since they just have to win 1 division playoff game at home to to the conf championship. You don't see NE spotting the visitors a 21 pt lead.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Easy ....a more talented team playing down to their competition and making mistakes. It's not exactly something new. So if they turn the ball over that means they still can't be the more talented team?

12. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    That's a dumb take, because you turn the ball over means playing down to the competition :facepalm:. Try harder next time :shrug:.

13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Ben turns the ball over a lot more than Brady, the team isn't good enough to overcome it either.

14. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Yes making mistakes is playing down to the competition. So tell me genius is Cle,Oak or Denver as talented as the Steelers. Don't bother to answer because I know the answer is no. So how would you explain it? We might not be as good as I think but I know we are better than those teams and if you don't realize it you are clearly in the minority. So maybe you should try harder

If a team with superior talent loses and its players don't execute up to their ability and makes mistakes....its playing down to the competition . Fact.

15. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Yes they are more talented than those teams, but I don't call it playing down to the competition when they turn the ball over. Their opponent's are pro's too, sometimes they make a good play. News flash just because your team is more talented, the other teams aren't going to just lie down :shrug:.

16. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Well I guess my definition of playing down to the competition is different than yours. The better team should win way more often than not. Yet every year we lose 2 or 3 of those games. You are the same one saying that NE has a advantage of advancing to the AFCCG. You know why? Because they beat the teams they are supposed to on a much more regular basis than we do. They execute and don't turn the ball over. They don't give those lesser teams the same chance we do by playing down to their level. There's a reason why those teams we end up losing to only win 4 or 5 games a year. It's because of inferior talent.

It just seems we have different views of it....

• Like Like x 2
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
  18. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  19. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    This quote makes me think art is out of touch with this team and doesnt have a clue, ive lost respect for him covering up for tomlin and this side show that went on this past season:

"I don't know where it comes from," Rooney said of the question and perception of a franchise losing its identity amid relentless drama. "As far as I am concerned, it is nonsense."

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Anyone else find it funny that a guy who usually speaks about 4 sentences a year suddenly has so much to say? Yeah everything is hunky dory. Damage control much?

22. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I think not making the playoffs struck a nerve with Art ll. He's not going to do his laundry out in public though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I totally understand that but he seems to be going out of his way to make excuses. Like I said he is doing way more damage control than usual

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    He could have just said yes we've had some personnel issues but I wouldn't call it circus. But instead he says that's complete nonsense I don't know where they come up with this stuff. Maybe they came up with it based on the evidence?

Basically he's saying I'll be damned if we break our philosophy of never firing a head coach.

25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Fans are funny.

Ben, stfu! Keep it in house!

Arts a liar! Come on man, air all the dirty laundry! Throw everyone under the bus! :lolol:

Don't really care what Art says or doesn't say. I care about actions and he stayed the status quo. Butler or Tomlin should have been let go.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1