1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Arians Retires

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Frick32, Jan 20, 2012.

1. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    While I never was a 100% back or a 100% hater...this is a good thing. Bruce had his moments and called some good games...other times he sucked majorly. Enjoy retirement Bruce! I would just like a good OC who can game plan well and make adjustments on the fly as needed...maybe we can get a true FB now...who knows?!

2. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    WOW this thread is taking off like a rocket!! :lolol:

3. SteelerBark

SteelerBark Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    He!! to the YES. In my best Daffy Duck impersonation: woo-hoo...woo-hoo...woo-hoo.

4. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    It sux that he retired, Steelers should hire him back.......

And fire his a$s!!!!!

5. SteelAGirl

SteelAGirl Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Are You saying we're too happy about this? :D :dancing: :roflmao:

6. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    :clapping:
    was checking nfl.com while waiting for my stupid train to bring me home from work and then seeing the news ... i almost cheered loudly right there on the platform :D

now here's to hoping that they bring in a good guy who knows how to call a game that utilizes Ben's strenghts and works around the offense's weaknesses

7. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Thank the LORD.....He may not answer when you call on him ,,but he is always right on time......

Now Ben will have a Coach and Miller and Redman can get the chances to produce the way it should have been.....Go Steelers......We will now find out exactly what this O can do...

I predict a top 10 in scoring ,,,now if only the D can hold up for a few more years.......We are now the biggest threat to wn it all and that's before we even know who is coming.....

8. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think they just let him Opt out.....He was given to much time and IMO I was right on the old board about him being gone unless we win it all...Ben and Tomlin went to bat for him and he didn't do what we are built to do...

9. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    It's been at the top for nearly 2 hours now. :)

And - it's a shame that I know that.

10. dominilate

dominilate Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    So my staff hear me from out side my office yell out a double YES.....YES!, and they're wondering if i just hit lotto or something (i have to tone it down lol)

Thank you Mr Arians for your dedication to the organization and years of work. I hope you're happy in your (uh-em) retirement
    (still havent forgiven you for allowing Ben to set up in a 5 wide set with 55 secs on the Denver 45 yard line with 1 timeout remaining (Ben took a sack on that one where in a 4 wide set and a RB in the backfield you could have had Ben hand off to Redman in the shotgun and run 10 or more yards to glory and to a field goal attempt, Damn you) Sorry guys i just had a flashback

I believe that a lethal combination of ground game and passing is still the standard that works in the NFL, and I believe with the backs we have a new coordinator will get back to that. Our receivers are good, not great but oh so dangerous if they get the ball in space (no more of this bombs away bull all the time), and NO WAY HINES SHOULD NOT BE IN ON 3rd DOWN PLAYS or PLAYS IN THE REDZONE. He's one of the toughest wide receivers to EVER play the game. I know it will be a work in progress but ALL i ask for is a Coordinator who recognizes his teams strenghths, maximizes them, but has the ability to go into a half and make adjustments if he has to because that's what he's paid to do

YEAHHHHHHHH! Damn I'm psyched

New Jersey contingent of the Worldwide Steeler Nation

11. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    another good thing is we won't have to start "We Hate Bruce threads anymore" we can talk about other things. Unless they bring in somebody equally as bad .

12. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    Doesn't matter who they hire to me. I'm going to post a "Fire (insert name here)" Thread. It just won't seem like home without one.

13. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Fire mdbates immediately!

14. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    We need a "Fire the OC" thread in order to keep order in here. My whole world will be turned upside down without one!!

15. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Oh sweet Jesus!! I just found out. What a great Friday!!!

16. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    What took you so long? We've been waiting for you for the past 2 1/2 hours!!

17. Nah85

Nah85 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    So I guess the question is, who exactly is available and the most likely we can get?

18. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Now it is all about who they bring in.

19. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    :roflmao:

I do doubt that there'll be any nostalgia for Arians in the way there was with Tomlin and Cowher - but I can already see the threads starting about "doesn't he know what Steeler football is?" "Why is he still using the bubble screen?" and "Why isn't Redman the starting RB, QB and offensive captain?" for the new guy.

20. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    PWP better hurry up and freshen up his resume and get it down to the front office ASAP.... now's his chance!!!!

This news made my weekend, I could care less about the games this weekend or even the super bowl... we're shopping for a new OC

21. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    My wish has come true... :clapping: :yeehaw: :applaud: :dancing: :rawk:

22. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    Sorry! I just couldn't help myself :lolol: So don't get your panties in a bunch!! :lolol:[attachment=0:1cm5ndf3]arians.GIF[/attachment:1cm5ndf3]

Can ya tell I like pokin' the bear???

23. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, you can't hire dummies

Actually I do not know if that does apply but with the list I saw, we have a little of everyone to look at

BTW I had nothing against BA. We went to 2 SB's with him. If Ben didn't have a bad game last year SB, we would have had two rings with him Now :swordsman:

24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Not surprised. I posted a quote from an interview with Art II on the board last night, he was asked if BA would be back and his answer was not exactly a ringing endorsement for BA.

So I guess now we get to see if the new guy can appease the masses, because despite what you guys think, it can certainly get worse. I'm not going to get excited until they name the new OC but really hoping this gets the offense performing the way many of us think it should be :clapping:

25. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

I'm going to have to go with the 5th Superbowl win, then the 6th, then the championship win against Denver in '05 breaking that drought, then the 3 wins against the Rats in the playoffs, especially in '08, than the win against the Colts in '05.