1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Arians May Not Be Back in 2012

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Agnybo, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    This will largely depend on whether the new guy works with the tools we currently have, or tries to rebuild the offense towards their own style. On the one hand, I'd like to see a real signature on the offense in future seasons, other than "do well in the first quarter, go to sleep for the next two then wake up just in time at the end." But on the other hand, I wouldn't want a bunch of seasons when we have the wrong personnell on, say, the o-line.

2. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I think it's foolish to believe that Arians operates in a vacuum when game planning and play calling. Like any other Coordinator he would be seeking advice and council from Fitchner, the rest of the offensive coaches and of course Ben. With that being said if there's going to be a change I'd prefer REAL change which means someone other than Fitchner.

3. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    If there's any truth to the possibility of Arians retiring or being forced to retire... I have no doubt that he'll wait until the last minute and really screw us over in finding a suitable replacement. Yeah, he'll probably wait until the day after the draft before hanging it up, all the outside possibilities will have jobs so we'll be forced to promote from within. That may be the best possibility, but it'd be nice to interview some outsiders before they all get under contract.

4. DDinAZsteel1

DDinAZsteel1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    If Arians retires and the QB coach is the one hired without even looking elsewhere, it continues to show Tomlin's inability to suggest adjustments and Ben's full control on this team as the real "coach". I know little about the current QB coach so my opinion is just my opinion, but I cannot believe theat Arians would not have had influence on his entire staff, and Ben wouldn't already have Fitchner in his back pocket anyway. Not trying to be pessimistic, just think we'll still see 60% audibles at the line by Ben to a hail mary, 8 WR screens a game and at least 10-12 3rd and longs every game like we have for the past 5 yrs.

5. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Ever asked for advice on something and then not followed it? The reality is Fitchner had his say and then since BA was the man, he did what HE wanted. It may have been what Fitchner told him, it may not. The reality is Fitchner has his own ideas about how the offense would/should work. Then didn't always get used or even make it into the gameplan.

If we assume BA is retiring/forced out, I think the person hired will reveal which of those 2 options it was. Fitchner is somewhat a vote for the status quo with small changes. Someone outside the organization is a symbol that Rooney was tired of this type of football.

6. SteelYourPoints

SteelYourPoints Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    As much as I hope BA gets gone I don't see it happening. :-(

7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    If Randy Fitchner becomes the OC, I'd be pumped, he is from Meadville, PA orginally which near my hometown up here in Northewest, PA. Even though he has been a Wide Recievers coach and Quarterbacks coach for us, I think he still realizes the importance of a balanced attack. He would probaly be the guy to step in, because Big Ben likes him. I just read that Ben paid to take Arians and his wife and Fitchner and his wife to Hawaii to the see the Pro Bowl.

We shall see.

8. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    You sure would be because I would be sad, I know alot of fans don't like him as the OC but I thnk he added a spark to the offnese. :hello:

9. MikeFanForLife

MikeFanForLife Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    he can't retire, this board wouldn't have anything to talk about then. Just a lot of crickets chirping. haha.

10. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    :lolol:

Oh, I'm sure we'd find something else polarizing. It's in our nature.

11. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    :this!: Aint dat da trufe!!!

12. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Will Ben Progress or regress? I don't know what will happen? I'm hoping,If BA retires that Ben looks at it as a challenge and really progresses?Can't have your "best bud" as a coach.Chuck Noll had the best way in getting his players to play.He wasn't your father, or motivator, or friend.You knew the pecking order.He was the main man.He definitely was'nt going to hold your hand.

13. black&gold1969

black&gold1969 Active Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Bye Bye. "Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you!!!!!!!!!"

14. yeldarb

yeldarb Member

Jan 1, 2012
    The fact of the matter is they should be interviewing people now!! If he does not have a contract they do not need to wait for him and if he does have one there are two simple words that can get them out of it.Any guesses on what they are?

15. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    If Brian Billick can check his ego at the door would not mind seeing him run our O.

16. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    the problem is , has tomlin an high influence around to bring big name coaches ?

17. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    We are "THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS" SIX time super bowl champion.
    3 head coaches in the last 43 years.
    Playoff team 8 of last 10 seasons.
    AFC Championship game 5 of last 10.
    3 Super bowl apperances with 2 wins in last 10 seasons.

That should be more than enough to entice ANY coach to at least give serious consideration to joining the STEELER family!!

18. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    yes this is what i hope and think too , we will see , first step is get rid of bruce

19. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm hearing BA may have "left the building" already.

20. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    what do you mean , is a sarcasm or a real news '?

21. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Not confirmed but closer to real news than sarcasm. :thumbs_up:

22. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    :herewego: :swordsman: :thumbsup: :yeehaw: :towel: :dancing: :bowdown: :rawk:

23. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i agree fully and would love to see fichtner get the job. :cool:

24. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i found this
    http://bleedblackandgold.com/blog/

25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Just saw this little tidbit in an interview with Art II;

Bob Pompeani: “Do you want Bruce Arians back as an offensive coordinator?”

Art Rooney II: “Well, that’s really Mike’s decision, I mean, and that’s the process Mike’s involved in right now is talking to all of the coaches about where they are and where they are with their contracts, so I think that’s something – I’ll leave it to those guys to kind of work out where we’re going on that front.”

Wow, not exactly a vote of confidence. Really starting to look like Bruce is gone.