1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Arians and Lebeau will return

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelers5859, Jan 11, 2012.

1. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
  2. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  3. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Not bad, You can't win games if you do not have good players and some of the players on this team need to go. I guess there comes a time in every players career where he is uncoachable and that maybe the case on our team. I really wish that BA was gone, do not know or would like to know what the Rooneys see in him.

4. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  5. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    :beathorse:
    OH WELL! Cant have everything I guess, I was hoping to hit the lottery too but that didn't happen either :noose:
    Big coaching changes can make any team look like the Browns

6. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
  7. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    this is great news we are only a piece or two from number 7

8. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    :amen: Brother, :amen:

9. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    This is the same article posted in another thread. So - you believe that everything in the Trib is the God-honest truth??!! These guys probably haven't even had their end-of-season meetings yet. Who KNOWS what Tomlin/Rooney will say to them?

I agree that they will probably be back and that all signs point to it, but I certainly won't believe it 100% until we hear from the ownership. The Tribune-Review is doing nothing but speculating based on what Tomlin said in his day-after-the-debacle presser. He said that he EXPECTED both LeBeau and Arians to return, but he would not guarantee. Lots of things happen after a season ends. I'm sure we'll hear something sooner than later, but I HOPE you're not taking the opinion of the article as absolute fact.

10. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Hopefully all our coaches get big fat raises and extra super long contracts too! Great job guys! :thumbs_up:

11. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    It's now in the Post Gazette that both are returning.I would like a change on Defense.Scrap the 3-4,Let's go with the 4-3.Everyone has caught up with the 3-4 In my opinion.

12. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011

13. colsteveaustin

Oct 17, 2011
    Number 1 Defense is a farce.We really did'nt play anyone great this year.Our Defense is old.We need to get some youth in there asap.No pressure on the QB and at the bottom of the league in getting turnovers all year long!!That says age too me.GO STEELERS!!

14. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    What needs to happen is Lebeau needs to look at the playbook from when he had Lloyd, Greene, Kirkland, and Chad Brown. Where is blitzburgh? Where is the innovations of design blitzes and coverages.

I've seen TWO blitzes all year. The cross dog blitz up the middle, which should be in the same place as the bubble screen, the garbage and placing another ILB on the outside with Harrison and Woodley.

15. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011

I do agree at times this defense had their issues, blowing leads at the end of games. How may frickin first downs were giving to opposing offenses late in games- personal fouls, defensive holdings ****, they did look old at times. But look at one of the highest scoring teams- NE- and what the Steelers did against them..... I dont think 3-4 is the problem but as I said earlier- consistant pressure and turnovers were way down this year.

16. colsteveaustin

Oct 17, 2011
    We played great against NE.I really can't think of any other game where we played great on Defense?The league also is geared for Offenses anyway.Goodell has made it virtually impossible to be dominant on Defense.If we are sticking to the 3-4,I hope we infuse some youth at key positions-ILB,CB,and SS.

17. colsteveaustin

Oct 17, 2011
    :this!:

18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Say it aint so the offense will be alright the Steelers have weapons on offense and they are young. I was hoping Dick Lebeau would retire. It's time for some new schemes on defense the lack of pass rush hurts the secodary, too much dependency on Woodley and Harrison to get all the sacks. They need to blitz players from the secondary more.

19. colsteveaustin

Oct 17, 2011
    BINGO!!

20. bigplaywillygay

bigplaywillygay Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    If Arians really is returning I'm gonna have to boycott. I can't take it anymore. I'll still cheer for the steelers but I can't watch their games anymore

21. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    Welcome aboard DieHard, welcome aboard..............can I get you anything to drink? :-D :-D :yeehaw:

22. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  23. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Well might as well trade Redman when he gets the offer.....I guess we are heading for rebuild mode,,,we will keep Hines another 2 or 3 years keep Hampton ,BA and the rest.....We will not see anothe Superbowl until after the rebuld mode......

I guess they decided to let Ben have his way and BA will have Ben out of the NFL in 2 to 3 years.....There is no way we can draft a whole new Zone Blocking OL to protect him ,,,BA will not use the run game corectly nor will he design routes to the TE'S and RB'S.......So I will give BA a big thanks in advance thank you for taking what should have been a Dynasty and turning it into what we have now.....

So once again we will compete because of our Talent and fail to score the ball while we watch Ben get muredered looking for the BA Long Ball....I really can't wait until this stuff is over........It is now obvious to me as long as Ben is the QB then he has appointed BA as the OC......

Steeler fans get ready for a bumpy ride we are heading down the wrong road and Teams have lost there fear of the Steelers ,,,we will be lucky t sneak in next year as a 5 or 6 Seed,,,I don't expect any magic as Ben will either be out or banged up again....Time is the truth and Ben has tacken to many shots and nothing under BA will change that so look for Ben to be hurt more frequent for the next few years until he is out of the league.......

24. silverbackforpres

silverbackforpres Member

Nov 13, 2011
    As someone eluded too earlier in post. Niether have a contract so until the Steelers release a statement confirming a contract for both. We still have hope BA wont return. As far as LeBeau in reality with butler being the air apparent the scheme probable wont change. I don't think it needs to change. But i am holding out hope BA will decide to garden or play more golf and stay away from team, He has brainwashed Ben enough.

25. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am sad the Steelers went in this direction.