1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Argument with Browns fan

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by colsteveaustin, Oct 22, 2011.

1. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    This clown was saying the browns(clowns)are better than the Steelers.They have more rings and a better history.First off,They won Championships in the 50's,and we have 6 Super Bowl Trophies.Those Championships are not Super Bowls.Yes,They have won Championships,But they have 0 Super Bowls.Not the same.Do you guys think I'm right or way off base?Their fans talk so much crap about a sorry arse organization.Until they win Super Bowls ,I will NEVER give them any credit.I despise there team,colors, and history.Besides the Pats(Cheaters,big mouth fare-weather fan base)I can't think of any other team I dislike more. Anyway,I just needed to vent a little. GO STEELERS. THE BEST Organization in all sports!! :herewego!:

2. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    He has a point. STEELERS were real bad (TTF can I say sucked here?) before Noll took over in 69. First pick #75. We all know how that worked out.I say let him live in the past.Give him his NFL championships.Ill take the modern era Super Bowl Trophies anyday!! You can also remind him his 50s Browns are now the RATS!!! :hehehe:

3. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    The browns aren't even really the browns ever since Modell gave the finger to the crappy city of Cleveland back in the 90's and moved to Baltimoron. Even though they got to keep the name and history, etc. They are still imposters.

Yeah they won a few championships in a couple different early leagues but haven't won crap during my lifetime. I mean seriously, unless you are 70 years old or more, you couldn't possibly have watched the browns in their glory years of the 40's / early 50's. When was the last time they went to the SB? Or for that matter, even sniffed postseason? Guess I could look it up, but what's the point? Is your friend a senior citizen? Nothing against the older wiser Steelers fans out there, but it sounds like your friend needs to stop waxing nostalgic and step into the current millenium. They suck and so do the other pro sports teams there. Why do you think Lebron took a big giant dump on Cleveland?

The browns are so bad since the modern day NFL started that even the Detroit Lions say, dayum, them boys in cleveland suck!

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

That would be what is notoriously known as "The Drive". When Elway ripped the hearts out of Cleveland fans everywhere :butcher: AFC Championship game, I don't think they have been close since, could be wrong but I think that was the last time.

Welcome aboard Knox :hello:

5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Browns fans might just be the lamest fanbase of all NFL teams. Not to mention the fact that all that "glory" doesn't even belong to today's Brown organization as others have mentioned.
    Sure can. :thumbsup:

6. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Wierd to think how dominant the Browns could be back then compared to now. Kosar was a decent QB.
    I wonder if that team would have done much better in the superbowls than Denver?

7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Just remind him that the Browns last championship was in 1964 and that team is now the Ravens! I love reminding Charger fans that their only championship win was in 1963......in a now defunct league! :lolol:

8. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Thanks Guys.Thanks for putting things into perspective.I hate the Browns strongly.I could lose to any other team but them,The Rats(old browns) and pats. God,I love being a Steelers fan!! GO STEELERS!! :yahoo:

9. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    LOL. Everyone beat me to my best responses.

And yes, I don't care if the NFL said they can keep their records, the modern Browns are an expansion team with no history to me. The TRUE Browns are now the Ravens.

10. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    What have they done in 61yrs?! You held a conversation with him? REALLY?! :banghead:

11. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    I live in Cleveland and hear crap all the time!
    For one thing, the Browns only actually have 4 NFL Championships, the other four were in a different football league and do not count in the NFL history books.
    http://www.profootballhof.com/history/g ... pions.aspx :thumbsup:

Cleveland won in 1950,1954,1955 and 1964. They also lost in that time in 1951,1952,1953,1957 and 1965.

So, you can tell him that they lost more than they won.
    Ravens are our true rivals now.
    :drinks:
    :herewego!:

12. Stiller3

Stiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    The thread title is a joke in itself. What does a browns fan have to argue with? What have they done lately? Assuming you can count the last Half a century as lately!

They will always be the joke of the NFL. Of course they will be, they are the clowns after all. :roflmao:

What do you call the color between worthless and ugly.

13. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I tell this to brownie fans all the time. Pisses them off! :roflmao:

:yeehaw:

14. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    LOL....I went to Cleveland a few years ago for the thursday night game where the steelers actually lost. But I cheered the whole time talking trash on the browns with the Browns fans that were all around me, and they brought up the Championships to me as well. I just laughed in their face. We were losing, and i just looked at the fan that was giving me the most crap about being a steelers fan and i said "If the Browns win tonight, then congratulations because this is your superbowl." The another Browns fan heard I was from Pittsburgh and brought up the Pirates to me and he actually said well the Indians won the World Series in 1948. The clowns fans have to cling on to the days of old, because they have nothing to cheer about otherwise.

15. Steel Buckeye

Steel Buckeye Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    You know prior to us winning superbowls 40 and 43 the browns fans used to always tell me that us Steeler fans were living in the past clinging to the success of the 70's. Now that we have won recently they are now clinging to the past, a past that saw them win before color television and when it was a different league. When the AFL and NFL merged they formed a new league, even though they kept the nfl name. No one celebrates their AFL championships prior to the merge, only browns and packer fans bring up those championshis from a different league and era.

16. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    As we all know, Browns fans do not have anything to really cheer for today. Why would they want to focus on the recent? We know about the NBA, didn't they used to have an NHL team, MLB has given them nothing to really cheer about, and of course there is the pro football), so they have to live in the past. In fact, what, about 48 years in it. It is understandable that they want to focus on the pre-Super Bowl era. As much as I do not like them, Jim Brown was amazing!

A little of topic, but still... I did see on "Man vs. Food" last week that they have some kind of sandwich that is really famous there. Did anyone ever try it? (Sorry, I do not remember the name?)

17. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    They had a hockey team? You almost feel bad for Cleveland...almost. :twisted: I think I saw that man v food. It's a sausage sandwich of some kind if I remember correctly.

18. mstng1863

Oct 17, 2011
    They might have been the Cleveland Crunchers or was it Crushers? Does that sound right? I was really young when I first remember seeing something about a Cleveland ice hockey team.

19. Steel Buckeye

Oct 20, 2011
    Are you referring to the polish boy, or po' boy sandwich? Im originally from cleveland and you could get those at every little corner restaraunt and soul food place

20. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Hmm, polish sounds familiar. I think it had kielbasa on it.

21. Steel Buckeye

Oct 20, 2011
    Thats the one. Kielbasa, french fries, cole slaw, and barbecue or hot sauce. One place called Hot Sauce Williams puts pulled pork on theirs. Some places put chilli or cheese.

22. mstng1863

Oct 17, 2011
    You got it correct, THAT was the one on "Man vs. Food" coleslaw and all! YUCK!

23. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    The Dudes team is now the Rats..........Nuff said!!!!!

24. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Eagle fans try pulling the same bull with their talk of a pre NFL championship.

25. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, I live just south of Cleve., so I hear a lotta crap...
    Aside from the fact that we have more Lombardi`s than ANY other team in the league...
    Aaaaand that Modell moved their team outta town, in the middle of the night....
    Unless I am mistaken.... the last time they DID get to the playoffs, before they moved...
    It wasn`t the Donkeys that knocked em out of the playoffs...
    Guess who kicked em out of that road to the bowl...?!?!?!
    Yeah, that`s right... the last time they even made the playoffs... they lost in the first round....
    As a wildcard, if my feeble memory seves me right...
    TO US!!!!!
    And until we play `em again, all I have to do is remind them of the score of the last game of their year, last year...
    41-3 (or, maybe they scored 9, at any rate...) We absolutely humiliated them at their house, on our way to the Bowl!!!