1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you happy? (v. 2)

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by jimmyallen45, Oct 15, 2017.

1. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    ... great players coaches will only you take you so far.

2. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes I am happy. But we need to start getting Dobbs some work at QB. I think LJ is very bad and Ben looked bad again IMO. I think we must be able to run to win . Maybe we should trade Bryant for a Safety ?

3. Steven Leonard

Steven Leonard Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2017
    He'll yes I'm happy, you have to be an absolute fool to complain about this win, beating the best team in football on the road it gets no better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Up and down teams is life in the NFL now. It's a league full of parity.

That bothered you most? Wow. I guess you do hate Tomlin.

What bothered me the most was the play of Burns and the offenses inability to score more points. Burns made a few mistakes in coverage and missed a big tackle that could had changed the outcome of the game. Hopefully the offense can produce more as the season goes a long.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steven Leonard

Jan 2, 2017
    People pm
    You act like the Steelers wete playing some scrub team KC was undefeated and considered the best team in football, quit bitching. Great win period.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Dude get real, give Dobbs some work he will be inactive the whole season as he should be.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Yeah, maybe I am fixated on Tomlin too much, brought on by the Chicago and Jax loss. Trust me, no one would be happier than me if Tomlin gets another Super Bowl title or two.
    I really think Tomlin would have been a great coach in his 50s with this team. I still got to believe he is too much of a “players coach”, which I would love, love, love for him to prove me wrong.

8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I would like Bell to get the ball when it's like 3rd and 2, instead of Ben throwing to a covered AB and getting a incompletion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. 3carsteeler

3carsteeler

Dec 21, 2011
    Very happy with the win combined with the ravens loss.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm happy. Sure, they got lucky on Brown's touchdown, but I'll take it.

I am concerned about the injuries. Gilbert aggravated the hamstring, so he could be out a while. Also, was that Vince Williams on crutches?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Duh Ben is more responsible for the Jax loss :facepalm:, than Tomlin.

12. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ben played bad again , and he brought his A game . Ben is not going to get better as the year goes by.If anything he will go the other way . LJ is not a answer . Dobbs may be ? I don't think Ben will finish the season he just looks slow and old . He is 1 blitz away from the end of his career.

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Im very happy.

Run defense was stellar
    Pass defense continues to be stellar
    Bell was in beast mode
    AB shows why he is the best WR in the game
    Davis broke up a sure TD

Only critique is redzone, still abhorrent.

Im not going to get on Ben, he played well enough and protected the football. Int was not his fault. I think thats pretty much what we are going to get from Ben from now on.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes I'm happy...and I know it. :clap:

15. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah right, did you watch Dobbs in the preseason? Ben still gives the team the best chance to win, even if he's not as good as he used to be.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Maybe or maybe not . We will see the next game that we can't run. If a Team stops the run and Ben has another horrid game it will be time to consider a QB change .

17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    :facepalm: Um no a team with playoff aspirations isn't going to play a rookie QB with accuracy problems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Offense has to get going, no more excuses — but the defense has exceeded my expectations and it’s hard to not be excited about our future when we’re playing like crap and still have a 4-2 record.

If Ben can get his stuff together, we’re easily the best team in the NFL.

19. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Right now we are playing a vet with those same problems plus he has very little mobility.As I stated Ben is not right no way will he survive the season . You will have to root for another QB before we get near the post season.

IMO his knee did not heal correct or is bone on bone or something .

20. Steven Leonard

Jan 2, 2017
    You have absolutely no credibility quit posting.

21. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He should have had 2 picks today and zero TD'S he was high multiple times . He hasn't hit 1 deep ball this season . Ben has not been the same since that last injury .

22. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Will the real Pittsburgh Steelers please stand up, please stand up, please stand up.

I'm happy that we proved that we can beat any team.

I'm happy that our D showed the ability to stop the run and get pressure with a 3-man rush.

I'm happy that Debo is back.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Am I REALLY seeing people saying Dobbs may be the answer?? The Steelers never should have drafted the guy in the first place, he's an average (at best) backup in this league, and I'm not even sure he's that good. If it comes down to needing him, or LJ to play, this season is over.

While Ben didn't play great today, he played better. The pick he threw wasn't his fault at all. That said, he should have been picked on that TD throw to Brown, but thankfully the old saying about DB's having bad hands or they'd be WR's was true. But overall, I thought Ben played much better, not where we need him, but much more improved AND on the road where he has played poorly over the last few seasons.

24. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    ..and if it weren't for the refs apparently getting their replays from some alternate universe, we might have also had a Patriots loss.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Still a little worried about Ben not being able to connect with receivers, and stalling in the redzone.