1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Are the Steelers too stubborn to beat the Pats?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by diehardsteel, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    The only reason why have such a high rated secondary stat wise so far this year is simply because they haven't been challenged by a QB of this caliber. Don't get me wrong however, they have played well.

Rushing to get to Brady simply WON'T be enough... you can't play him or Peyton like that and history has proven itself. They think, read, and get the ball out quicker than you can get to them. Couple that with the great O lines they have and it is just not a valid strategy. If you want to see sacks and rattle Brady you have to COVER these guys, MAN cover them and force him to sit in the pocket waiting for someone to get open. Thats how we will get him on the turf and get him shaken up. I REALLY hope they stop being stubborn and play "old fasion steeler football rabble rabble"... this game evolves and so must we and what we have been trying against them for the past few years OBVIOUSLY doesn't work...

What bothers me is that it is even a discussion.

2. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Oh where art thou Hillbilly :drinks:

Bman

3. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Thanks TTF for the link . In exchange for your kindness I copy and paste a comment from that article.. Obviously a Patriots fan,

"They better put some pressure on Rothlesberger or it will be a long day. The DB coach is Matt Patricia who is being groomed to be the next defensive co-ordinator. Another fruitless on-the-job training candidate. BB needs to get it right and bring in an experienced co-ordinator. What was wrong with Capers? "

Bman

4. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Re: Are the Steelers too stuborn to beat the Pats?

Well you cannot argue his success to this point. Some people learn by doing while others learning by reading a book or watching film.

Bman

5. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I just posted this morning about this very same topic from and article I read and got only 1 response. This article is related to the subject of this post

Check out below:

Same Old Stroy - Article about Pats vs Steelers
    by edog55 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:40 am

Check out this article about the Patriots vs the Steelers, Same Old Story:

http://www.1059thex.com/pages/supergeni ... le=9321077

If this article is true, and it does make sense, then the Steelers are in trouble.

I am especially disturbed about the following three statements:

The Patriots are a bad matchup for the Steelers, and Brady is a bad matchup for everybody. But flawed game-planning on the Steelers’ part and Bill Belichick’s superior coaching widens the advantage for New England.

The Steelers can, however, stop Roethlisberger. And will. Their own play-calling will see to that.

But if the Steelers go out there with their usual fuddy-duddy game plan, they will lose, probably badly. It’s the equivalent of surrender. The “Steelers way” works on most given Sundays, but not against the Patriots.

This really doesn't speak well for Tomlin, Bruce Arians or Dick Lebeau.

The bottom line is, the Steelers need to win this game to shut up all their critics. It's time to put an end to the Pats dominance over us.

6. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Bad link Edog... Does not work

Bman

7. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Here is the link again. It works:

http://www.1059thex.com/pages/supergeni ... le=9321077

8. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The answer is no. BOth the offense and defense did something different today. They learned there lesson. They needed to do something to keep Brady off the field and they accomplished that. They also played a lot of man-to-man tight coverage which thru Brady off. Cudos to Lebeau and the defense and a little less to the offense. When you get in the Red Zone, they need to score TD's and not field goals. The game would have been much easier if they would have score three TD's instead of those 3 field goals and the one missed field goal. It would have been a blow out.

9. one4theotherthumb

one4theotherthumb Active Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Man did we fooled everybody today

Steelers said they weren't going to do anything different - they played pressed defense
    Tomlin said Taylor wasn't going to cover Welker - Taylor was on him like white on rice

But seriously, they need to punch it in the endzone. This game shouldn't have been that close. Also, if we are depending on Suisham to close it out, it's going to come back and bite us. Every time he attempts a FG, I get very nervous.

10. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    obviously not.

DL did a great jo of adjusting his usual game plan and having his db's playing up on the wrs.

the secondary did a great job of messing up the Patriots timming.

11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i stand corrected. good game steelers. we all knew you were capable of this type of play. :yeehaw: :cool:

12. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    i stand corrected. good game steelers. we all knew you were capable of this type of play. :yeehaw: :cool:[/quote:3v4hg3b9]
    I'm glad you were wrong. :-D