1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Are the Steelers too stubborn to beat the Pats?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by diehardsteel, Oct 27, 2011.

1. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
  2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Re: Are the Steelers too stuborn to beat the Pats?

We all know the definition of insanity,please lets throw something different at them this time. I wont be able to stomach Marcia picking us a
    part again,please make the guy move his feet.

3. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

I have to admit, I've been worried about this for a while. I'm hoping we'll see some different looks and more coverage, but I don't know... Please let LeBeau have some surprises up his sleeves. :praying:

4. SteelersWorld

SteelersWorld Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011

I don't think I can watch this one live. I will have to record it and then based on the results, either watch the game or delete it. If the score is too one sided, then delete it is. If it's a close game and we lose, then I can stomach it since we gave a good fight.

5. leveraged

leveraged Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
  6. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  7. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

I think so.The Pats have used the same formula to beat us for years,and we just sit back and run the same old,tired formations and plays.We need to throw them off.They give us praise,saying were the best thing since sliced bread in the media,knowing all along that they have our number.I'm so sick and tired of the "Status Quo"gameplan that we use with them. Come on Steelers.. Send Belicheat and Co. home with a loss. GO STEELERS!!
    Let the games begin :swordsman:

8. diehardsteel

Oct 19, 2011

That is too funny. I do exactly the same thing sometimes! :this:

9. mogadiba

mogadiba Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

When I saw the thread title, I laughed out loud because I've been saying this for a few years now. It's especially funny because it's something I've struggled with my whole life (being too stubborn to try something else, that is).

10. nitrous12

nitrous12 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

They seem to be too stuborn to game plan or adjust to beat anyone or take advantage of any teams weakness. It works if the team just simply out executes the opponent even if they know whats coming, but I don't see that this year. I am hoping they prove us all wrong this weekend as I would love nothing more than to beat NE.

11. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011

Maybe they have already had a subtle switch in strategy...
    After all, we do have the 2nd best pass defense in the league, at this point, even though we have almost no turnovers, and way fewer sacks, than we are used to seeing around here...
    The run defense also suffered considerably, the first few weeks...
    Change in strategy?
    I dunno...
    My gut says blitz the hell outta Brady, but I`m afraid if we are that straightforward about it, he will just kill us with the quick passes and screens...
    I haven`t been able to figure out exactly what we are doing different this year, on D, but something has definitely changed, because when we miss a tackle,we don`t have the "swarm", or "support", that has always been there, to let us get away with missing the first tackle...
    And If I know Bellicheat, he might try to exploit those stretch, cutback, running plays that other teams killed us with at the beginning of the season, just because we will be geared up to stop what they have always done against us.
    At any rate, I just have a gut feeling, that we have their number this week...
    No basis in fact, just, blind faith...
    HERE WE GO, STEELERS... HERE WE GO!!! :towel:

12. PDXSteelers

PDXSteelers Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

The Steelers offense needs to have a dominant game. We need to keep Brady&company off the field and keep hitting Brady hard and early. This game will show us what we really have this year.

13. lostyank

lostyank Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
  14. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011

I don't believe the issue is schematic. Just like all teams, I am sure they've attempted to slow down Brady multiple ways. As always, it boils down to the players ability to execute. The players attempting to generate pressure need to win one on one match ups up front. If Brady is on his game, there's very little the Steelers defense can do to slow him down. That's when the onus will fall on the offense to score points. Good Ben needs to show up early and often enough to put points on the board.

15. dkblue

dkblue Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

I was listening to Timmons being interviewed on the FAN yesterday. According to him they do not need to do anything different, hust pressure Brady which seems exactly like what they said last year.

16. ballhair

ballhair Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

Agree. Our offense needs to put up thirty some points and keep brady off the field. This game will determine whether or not the Steelers are contenders or just pretenders.

17. diehardsteel

Oct 19, 2011
    Re: Are the Steelers too stubborn to beat the Pats?

Postby dkblue » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:35 am
    I was listening to Timmons being interviewed on the FAN yesterday. According to him they do not need to do anything different, hust pressure Brady which seems exactly like what they said last year.

Lebeau said the same exact thing. He's been losing to the Pats consistently for years and yet won't (or can't) devise a game plan against them that slows down their offense. So frustrating. :frustrated:

18. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  19. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Hopefully, we are doing something different this time. We play 4-3 part of the time anyway and we're missing Debo so go with 4 young linemen and pressure. Forget the outside blitz stuff against Brady because it never works. And please ... don't crash Troy into the line on a 3rd and long.

20. 56IZABEAST

56IZABEAST Member

Oct 26, 2011
    For some reason, I have a calm sense about this game. Usually I'd be thinking about how bad they are going to beat us, but I think we'll be ready for this game. I feel if need be, we can score with them and I think we will see something different sunday from the d then in past meetings. More dbs, maybe sylvester in for coverage, maybe just rush 2 and play coverage. I also think that Carnell Lake has made a difference on the dbs. I think he'll be in Lebeaus ear a little on how to play Brady. I remember always getting torched by Jim Kelly year after year, in the early 90s and then we turned the tide on him and by the time he was done, we had owned him as he owned us before. lake was part of that turnaround against the Bills then and I think he wants to turn things around against Brady. I think once the steelers find what works, this brady dominance is going to end. Hopefully it starts on Sunday.

21. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  22. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Well, I sure don't think it hurts. :)
    :hmmm:
    More about the move HERE.

23. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    This move neither hurts nor helps the Steelers. I wasn't surprised when the patsies signed him because it is their MO, although he wasn't anything super special then and he sure isn't now. He wasn't a strong contributor on their D and he was making a bunch of money. He is just another in a long string of mid-tier FA's that the patsies sign and bring in to fill holes. These types of guys rarely last more than a couple of seasons with the cheaters and they are typically not huge contributors. I remember when they signed him a couple of years ago, there were folks on the other board saying we need to sign him. But you know how that goes... there's always someone who thinks that every player that gets cut from every team is our next Steelers superstar and we should mortgage the farm for him. Anyhoo... this really doesn't mean anything to the Steelers on the field, it only shows that Bellicheat is a tyrant.

24. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    No, we'll crush 'em they suck.

25. dkblue

dkblue Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

One of the few negatives about Ben is his statement that he is not much of a film guy. He has the great talent but I think it would be magnified if he had a different attitude about film and study.