1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Are the Steelers the most hated team in the NFL?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Most hated teams in the nfl

1. Steelers
    1a Cowboys
    1b pats ...

2. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Most hated? I don't think so. Right now is probably Patriots, Cowboys, 1-2 teams in their division if not AFC North, then the Steelers. The biggest issue is we have so many proud fans all over the country and we take over opposing teams stadiums and that rubs people the wrong way. But I think your average fan appreciates watching AB, Bell, Juju, etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I know a lot of Cowboys and Redskins fans here in my area. They all seem to respect and like current and past Steelers like Roethlisberger, Ward, Polamalu, Miller, AB and Bell. Most of them like Cowher and Tomlin too... and brag about them. I've even heard fans of both teams say they wish Cowher would un-retire and coach their favorite team.

4. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Gotta be the Pats. Pats fans have this belief that their team is so popular, but outside their bubble I think outside support for them is practically non existent.

5. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I don't know about most hated, I'd agree with others that the Cheats and Cryboys take one and two......the Steelers are probably top five. Flip side is they are likely the most popular league wide, so this probably causes backlash. I know personally, FWIW, fans of the five teams I've always felt a connection to are Buffalo, Green Bay, Cleveland, Washington, D.C., and Oakland. Four of the five are known historically as being tough, blue collar towns, D.C. fans were always rowdy, and I loved how they supported the famed Hogs, that smacks of fans that know football and acknowledge the unsung grunts. Hopefully after the move to Vegas, the psychotics that inhabit the Black Hole will continue to make Raiders home games look like a cross between a Kiss concert and a Rocky Horror Picture Show Broadway performance. That is a great backdrop for their games.

6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I don't think that's quite true. When I lived in Houston, the Texas vs. Texas A&M rivalry was quite a hate fest. Texas vs. OK as well, though not quite as hate-filled. They may not be as into NFL rivalries, but team hatred is alive and well.

7. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Why is the 3 head coaches in 48 years something to envy? If the Steelers had 6+ champions with 15 head coaches over that period so what? It means nothing to the fans as long as you're successful.

8. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Having 3 head coaches in 48 years shows consistency. That is rare for a franchise in any sport to only have 3 head coaches in that amount of years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    It's rare yeah but doesn't necessarily mean anything. The Pittsburgh Penguins have 5 championships but can hardly be viewed as a consistent franchise considering only 2 of those were won with the same coach and the revolving door of coaches. But still worked nonetheless. Consistency isn't always all it's cracked up to be. Ask Bengals fans about Marvin Lewis.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. BadwordLebeau

BadwordLebeau Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I thought this was meant in regards to NFL. College football is definitely different. High school even more so.

11. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    We’re talking about haters here. The stability at head coach doesn’t have to mean anything. It’s rare and it gets press/media mention. That’s enough.

• Agree Agree x 1