1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Apropos of nothing

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by santeesteel, Mar 8, 2018.

1. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    sabrina-sunrise-john-vincent.jpg
    Mojave might recognize this place!

2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Wow - beautiful. Hmmmmmmm.... looks like one of the Mammoth Lakes with the High Sierra's in the backdrop - Horseshoe? George? Looking west in the chilly wee early morning hours angling for some mountain trout?

3. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Close, It's Sabrina. Love that whole canyon!

4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Actually, never been there nor heard of it, but......it's now on my list of short over-night trips. Have you stayed at the lodge or normally camp or RV it? I like the Lone Pine area too - I like to visit all the infamous film shoots in the Alabama Hills just west of Lone Pine. Bengal Lancers, Gunga Din, Charge of the Light Brigade, How the West Was Won, every Randolph Scott movie and many of John Wayne's, plus Tremors, Star Wars and many other sci-fi flicks. They have a fabulous little movie museum with great movie artifacts. That whole corridor up to Bishop and beyond is just amazing. Thanks my friend.

5. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I've been to that museum! Pretty cool. There's a tent only campground just about a mile below Sabrina that I stay at. Bishop Creek campground. The first time my brother and I stayed there, a trio of deer walked through our site as I was drinking coffee! The guy that told me about this area always stayed at intake 2(?) but, he had a trailer.
    Wish I could get up 395 more often!