1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone worried about a hang over ?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by MadtownDruankard, Dec 21, 2017.

1. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I can see us losing to the Texans. Lots of distractions after a heart breaking loss. Players are angry and clearly not over it. There's even some finger pointing going on. Several big injuries. You know the Texans are ready to play their Super bowl on Monday in a nationally televised game. Add in the fact that Tomlin is notoriously bad against bad teams. I have a bad feeling about this game. Hope I'm wrong.

If we win I'm guessing it's another last minute field goal.

If NE loses to Buffalo and we lose to the Texans my head might actually explode.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I was but Ben said he couldn’t remember Sunday evening so he blacked out no Hanover so its all good. Plus I don't drink so I'm ready ta go.

3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Nope, but I sure hope the fans would get it out of their systems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    We'll know the outcome of Bills/Patriots by 4pm on Sunday. If Bills pull out the win, Steelers should be fired up for this game. If not... I could see an egg lay and Jags taking over #2 seed.

5. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Nah, but this is generally the kind of game with struggle with. I believe it goes down to the wire.

6. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    It would a classic Tomlin ___ing the bed vs. a far inferior team. We all know it could happen.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Really? Since the AFC Championship game a year ago the Patriots are all anyone has been obsessing ovet and that game wasn't as close as people pretend while this one was there for the taking if not for some Steelers mistakes and evil shenanigans by the refs at the end and you think 8 days is enough to process it, let alone get over it? Really

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I really believe they're pissed and we destroy the Texans.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  9. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Don't you typically have to win to have a hangover?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

I actually haven't obsessed over the loss last year. I really try to be objective about the Steelers and didn't expect us to win that game. We had a good offense, but a porous defense. This year we were much better on defense, but for whatever reason have constant communication issues that lead to big plays. The loss of Shazier is huge and puts us back to our 2016 defense or worse. So I'm happy with whatever wins we can get, but don't believe this is a championship caliber team. Can we? Anything is possible, but we basically have to be perfect and this team doesn't seem capable of that. I said in the gameday thread we can win this if we avoid costly mistakes. We didn't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I gotta think the team is emotionally spent. Cin-Balt-NE is a tough stretch with 3 insane games, throw in the Shazier and AB injuries and then playing on the road on Christmas Day. It will be quite impressive if they come away with a W.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    In football or in life?

13. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Lol. I still have a hangover from that game . Still want to vomit a little when I see football on tv. It’s gonna be tough getting back on that horse . Maybe someone slipped me some roofies ? My ass kinda hurts also

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  14. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I'm always worried about a hangover when I wake up...thanks for asking.

15. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    This team has had 3 emotional games in a row, they often struggle vs weaker opponents on the road.

I don't know that they lose this game, but if you forced me to bet on it, I'll take the Texans and the points.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    More likely we take our frustrations out on Houston, and blow them out

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I think the team is fired up on what happened last game and they can't wait to see the cheatriots again. But some are still talking about the bad call. I think Ben needs to learn to throw the ball away. That little miss hap cost us the game. Crazy knock away and intercepted.

18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Speaking from personal experience, they don’t even have to play for me to have a hangover.

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think there is a good chance they win by 2 or more TD's this game but a typical struggle wouldn't completely shock me either. However, I think no chance they lose the game. Houston is pretty awful.

Hopkins or Fuller will beat our secondary for a long score though, maybe even take an early lead because of it but in the end, Steelers on top.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    WE’RE GOING TO UNLEASH HELL!!!!!!!!!!

21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Steelers handle their business, they get Gilbert and Haden back for this game. I think the Texans are down to their 3rd or 4th string LT, it could be a game to put up some big sack numbers.

• Like Like x 1
  22. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    We haven't put away (large point diff) many inferior teams this season - so taking the points is a no brainer. Heck, I'd take the Texans minus the points. I hope I'm wrong.

23. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Hmmmmm..... Would 8-8 for the Steelers still not surprise you as well?????

24. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I think the Steelers should win convincingly, but I wouldn't be shocked if the game was way closer than it should be.

25. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Yes I am worried, having Xmas dinner with the wife's family Xmas eve so the drinks will be flowing to get me thru it...........oh sorry you meant the game???? I am always worried when we play worse teams however I think we are a pissed team right now and Yates is in big trouble. Add the national spot light to show all we are a team to be scared of and I think this could be a cake walk......but like they say that's why we play the games!!!