1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone stay at the Days Inn on Banksville rd?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by ROBLISBERGER, Sep 19, 2012.

1. ROBLISBERGER

ROBLISBERGER Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Im coming to Pitt in December and was planning on staying there because its only about 100 a night and they have a shuttle to and from Heinz Field but Ive recently been reading reviews on it and they all seem to say its dirty and not a good place to stay. Now I dont know what to do

2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Stayed there for one night back in Aug 2001 waiting to attend the first game ever (pre-season) at Heinz Field a few days later. It was absolutely horrible . The place was being remodeled and there were ladders and paint cans and drop clothes in the rooms they were renting out - couldn't believe it. And yes the place was dirty and staff was rude. Vowed never to stay at a Days Inn again (had bad experiences with other locations in that chain). I usually prefer Best Western for the motel type stays. Only redeeming part was there was a Rita's Soft Serve Ice Cream stand across the street that helped. Got spoiled though the next few nights in that a close friend who travels a lot on business got us into the Renaissance Inn in Downtown right at the foot of the Clemente Bridge. Stayed on the Concierge Level. Best place I've ever stayed. Spoiled rotten - open bar, first class experience. Saw the Steelers beat the Lions in the afternoon and then walked over to PNC to see the Pirates beat the Astros - then over the Clemente Bridge to the Hotel. Great trip and visit.

3. mthomas184

mthomas184 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    I live right up the street from there and yea....its a hole! My opinion would be stay at the Best Western Parkway Center Inn in Greentree

4. mogadiba

mogadiba Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    My girlfriend and I stayed there a couple years ago when the Steelers lost to the Ravens on a last second pass. Out standards are pretty low as far as what we "expect" from a hotel. We travel cheap. And we didn't have a real problem with the building itself. But the location is bull****. No sidewalks anywhere. The only bus that ran through didn't run on weekends. Without a car, it's pretty much impossible to get anywhere. Basically, it's a pass. If you can find a hotel at the same price anywhere else, I'd take my chances there instead of going back to this place. Only redeeming quality: Eat N' Park practically next door.

5. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    we stayed at embassy suites by the airport for the afc championship against NYJ a couple years ago. it was a $160ish room, I got it for about $65-70 with priceline's name your own price. it was a 3-star hotel, and was incredible! free full breakfast with a cook making omlettes to order, beautiful atrium, clean as can be!

6. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Yup good call. I stayed there two years ago and they had free bar for two hours each night and free shuttle and breakfeast. It was not lavish or anything but clean ..

Bman

7. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I've stayed in the one on Greentree and it's really nice. I highly recommend it. That's been 5 years ago but it was nice then and I'm sure that not a lot has changed.

8. ravenhater

ravenhater Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Stayed there in 2007. It was a Sunday night game in the rain against the Bengals so knew we were not going to want to drive home afterward. Checked in around 3pm. Partied a bit in the room watching the 4 oclock games. Did take the shuttle from the hotel to the stadium which was nice. It was my only time I have been to Heinz in person. We had a great time. As far as the hotel. Yea it was nothing great but all we needed was a place to sleep for the night and drink some beers before we left for the game AND a way to the game and back so it was great for what we needed. The hotel shuttle after the game back to the place took a while to pick up people, take them to the hotel, come back, pick up more people, take them back,etc... The walk from where they drop u off is kind of far but that made it more fun because you get the "walkup" experience with all the fans and see everyone tailgating.

I thought the place was OK for what we needed and price was great. Next morning before we left for home got a free hotel breakfast. Cereal and stuff. If you don't expect much I would say you would be fine but I only have the one trip to go by.

9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I've stayed there twice. The place is pretty much a dump.

10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    We were just in Pitt for the home opener and stayed at the Candlewood suites west of town 8 or 9 miles. ><$73/night. It's clean, quiet, nice little kitchenette. It's off of 376, or is it 22, or maybe 30.....I never did get the numbering system for the highways down. No shuttle though, had to rent a car.

11. 96Ziggy96

96Ziggy96 Member

Oct 25, 2011
    was the last weekend for the Jets game, the place is your typical bargain hotel, dont know if i would ever stay there again, but it wasnt terrible, cab rides to downtown ran 10bucks and they did have a shuttle on gameday

12. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Stayed there in the mid 90's..was a serviceable place. Why am I remember some type of Chinese food joint, eitehr next door or even the in-hotel bar? Anyhow, what I liked best was I was able to get my game day tickets at the reception desk. Now, that I've moved up a bit in the pocketand in age, I only stay downtown and walk to the stadium.

13. Jaxsteeler

Jaxsteeler Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Stayed there 3 years ago. Flew up from Jacksonville and only planned on staying the one night and then we were renting a car, driving to Harrisburgh to see family then fluing from Harrisburgh back to Jax. Bottom line, if I had been with some buddies and we were just gonna need a place to crash after partying after the game it would have been fine, but I was with the wife and she STILL brings it up as how NOT to treat the lady in your life LOL...Its a hole

14. Jaxsteeler

Jaxsteeler Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Lordy I have been in the south too long, misspelled Harrisburg...TWICE LOL

15. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    You also misspelled "FLYING"...just once though.
    :roflmao:

16. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't know if Extended Stay up where the old airport was has a shuttle but, it is way less than 100 a night and it is clean. I'll bet one of those hotel/motels has a shuttle