1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone going to Kansas City?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelergirl33, Nov 20, 2011.

1. steelergirl33

steelergirl33 New Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Does anyone know where the team will be staying in KC? Would like to try to get some pics, autographs, or at least see them walk in/out of the hotel.

2. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  3. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    My brother and I went to the LAST game in Kansas City. I still have nightmares over that 3rd and 2 toss sweep on the outskirts of field goal range as time was winding down, taking the game out of Batch's hands even though he had driven us down to where we were. It would appear we've learned a bit since then, though our losses still have that '3rd and 2 toss sweep' feel to them....

Good luck in your quest!

4. steelergirl33

steelergirl33 New Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Thanks!

I was going to go to that game as well, but plans fell through last minute. After watching the game I was glad that I didn't. Well, I say that but anytime you get a chance to go to a game is an awesome time. :-D

5. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I will be going to the game. Come to Johnny's Tavern at 6765 W. 119th Street in Overland Park, KS on Saturday night. If you do, get there early because from 5-6pm Antonio Brown will be there signing autographs. One hour only because the team has meetings after that at their hotel and I have no idea as to where they are staying. Antonio Brown's dad is a local high school football coach here in KC and comes up to the bar and watches the games with us when he is not at Heinz Field in person. Johnny's Tavern will be absolutely packed with our fan club and having a pep rally on Saturday night. Expect 20,000 Steeler fans at the game!

6. bim94

bim94 Active Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Hi.

I was at the game when the 2-7 chiefs beat us 2 years ago. Remember, that loss kept us out of the playoffs as a resting Colts team held the gate open for the Jets that year.

I am from Iowa, and I will be there again Sunday (travelling in the a.m.). I have a red parking pass. What lot are you guys going to be tailgaiting in?

7. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I am traveling out with the KC Steelers fan club and we have three greyhound busses taking us out and we are tailgating in and around our busses. Not sure what area we will be in...if it's like two years ago, in a far away parking lot because we had three large busses?

8. bim94

bim94 Active Member

Nov 22, 2011
    I've been to steeler games in minneapolis, st louis, kansas city, and cincinnati. Its almost laughable how well, in general, the home team is represented when we come to town. I remember when Brad Johnson was operating in the red zone during our superbowl XL run, he asked the crowd to simmer down. It got louder. Can't wait for Sunday.

9. steelergirl33

steelergirl33 New Member

Nov 20, 2011

That sounds awesome. I can't wait for Sunday to get here!
    :herewego!:

10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Wish it wasn't a night game. I'm only three hours away, but would have to take off work Monday to do it and can't.

11. steelergirl33

steelergirl33 New Member

Nov 20, 2011
    That's too bad!