1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone going to Cincinnati next week?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by pjgruden, Nov 6, 2011.

1. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Normally I try to catch a home game, but I wasn't able to score tickets at a somewhat reasonable price this year, so I decided I go see the Bengals game at Paul Brown. I figured when I bought the tickets this game would be a total pushover, but with the way the Bengals are playing they have the potential to make it interesting. Who here has been to Paul Brown before? Any good places to hit up beforehand? I don't expect it to be a Steelers friendly place, just looking for a spot that might have some good grub.

2. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    if you stay on the KY side go to all the stuff at the aquarium....we eat at Johnny Rockets if you want a good burger...then walk across the bridge

3. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Yup, staying in KY. Was curious if it wasn't too bad of a walk from there. Looks like its a bit under a mile.

4. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Actually, you may be surprised. We went a few years ago and actually had a parking pass. We parked right next to other Steelers fans and tailgated with them. Don't be afraid to walk through the lots. Fans there are not too bad (unlike fans at Cleveland).

5. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    We went last year to the Cincinnati game. Fans were a little bit fired up, but respectfull. My wife had her Polamalu jersey and I had a Big Ben sweatshirt. They kept yelling me "Raptlisberger", but on a fun way. Nothing to be worried about.

It's a nice stadium. Try to get there early, since they have some fun & activities right across the main gates of the stadium.

If you have kids, go to the Zoo. They even have a red panda! This will only work if you stay for at least 1 day, since the game is at 1pm.
    Otherwise, there's a place nerby called Head First, it's a sports cafe right across the stadium where you can have a snack, a coffee and meet other fans going to the staidum.
    Before I went, a friend talked to me about a Pete Rose bar, but I wasn't able to find it. Would have been fun too.

As jhmiller says, you'll have no trouble if tailgating. There are a bunch of nearby parking lots with fans having fun.

Have fun and a safe trip!

6. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I used to be on a AFC north group years ago on myspace. That was fun and heated but usually respectful enough to be interesting and not obnoxious. I learned that there is some style of Chili that Cincy is supposed to be known for or famous in the region. My girl and I are foody type people and I had never heard of this before, so, it's always something I have been eager to try. I'm sure if you are interested and ask aroun that might be some local flavor thing to try...

And tell us about it.

7. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    im going cant wait to watch eat up some kitty cats

8. CbusSteel

CbusSteel Active Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I live in Columbus and haven't been to Cinci game in 3 years but I can tell you that you will not be alone. Steeler fans take over Cincinnati every year. They usually complain about it on the local radio stations. I have always had a good experience there and Bengal fans have treated me well. Hope you enjoy...

9. CbusSteel

CbusSteel Active Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Home of Skyline Chili. Its chili on top of speghetti with shredded cheese. My neighbors from there and swears by it. I'm a traditionalist when it comes to my chili. Hope you have a great time.

[​IMG]

10. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann New Member

Nov 7, 2011
    I live in Cincinnati. Here is a selection of good places to eat within a 10 minute drive of the stadium with a brief description and price estimate:

1. The Hofbrauhaus - Authentic German Beer Hall in N. Kentucky's "Newport on the Levee" entertainment district. Great German food and beers. $$
    2. The Montgomery Inn Boathouse - Famous BBQ pork and beef ribs. Cincinnati favorite. Lots of sports memorabilia. $$
    3. The Precinct - Steakhouse by Cincinnati restaurateur Jeff Ruby. Best steak in town. $$$
    4. Teak Thai Cuisine - Thai and sushi restaurant in charming Mt. Adams neighborhood. Short drive from stadium. $$
    5. Camp Washington Chili - Cincinnati style chili parlor. Doesn't look like much, but it has the best Cincinnati style chili. Hopple St. Exit up I-75. $

Parking won't be an issue at any of these places, except Teak Thai Cuisine. If you try Cincinnati style chili at Camp Washington Chili or Skyline Chili, order a few cheese coneys and/or a "three way" (spaghetti, chili and cheese). Eat until you get indigestion to have the authentic experience. ;)

If you are planning to tailgate, check out Longworth Hall. It's a good scene and lots of fans walk to the stadium from there. Follow the Golden Rule and you'll have a great experience at PBS.