1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone going to Brown's game?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by MikeFanForLife, Dec 22, 2011.

1. MikeFanForLife

MikeFanForLife Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I was thinking of driving out to the mistake by the lake. ANyone else planning on going? IF so, where do most Steeler fans sit? Tickets are pretty cheap too. :goodell:

2. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Isn't it pretty rough on steelers fans at the browns game?

3. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    My friend is a Browns fan, and I have asked him several times if he wants to go! I am about 90 miles East of Cleveland. I attended the home opener in Pittsburgh this year and paid 150.00+ per tix. I see the tix at Cleveland are around 40.00....

However, I have been to Cleveland before and it is scary lol....I am hoping the crowd would have alot of Steeler fans so maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Avoid the Dawg Pound... :thumbs_up:

4. MikeFanForLife

Oct 21, 2011
    Yeah I know to avoid the dawg pound. I was just wondering where everyone sits, if we're in a large group it would be safer. I don't want to end up like that guy in LA that got put in a coma at the dodger game.

5. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    And it could happen.... ;) If I go, I definitely want to be surrounded by other Steeler fans at well.

6. MikeFanForLife

Oct 21, 2011
    OK - who's in?? Come on! Lets get a bunch of For the Fans by the Fans posters to go.!!

7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I've been to several Steelers games in Cleveland over the years. I've never had a bad experience, sure they get on you a little, but most of the times people bring conflict on themselves, your going to get yelled at but you just need to ignore it, and don't celebrate too much in front of the Browns fans that is usually what gets people in trouble. If all goes well 3/4 of them are gone in the 3rd quarter anyway because Steelers blew them out.

8. MikeFanForLife

Oct 21, 2011
    Yeah, I'm not one to go flaunting around anyways. So as long as they don't touch or throw crap I'm fine. I can ignore the verbal taunts.

9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Be very careful up there, those people are animals.

10. steelerdon

steelerdon Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Last time I was there,my wife was waving her terrible towel and got beer dumped on her she went to security they just laughed and said you should be happy that it wasnt something else,she wont go again.

11. BigBlockSteelers

BigBlockSteelers Active Member

Nov 25, 2011
    I have had my car keyed at Steele games in cleveland....I have been spit on at games...I took my son to the Christmas eve game here in cleveland a few years ago and a guy threw a beer and hit him (he was 12)..I contacted a security guard and he said "thats what you get for wearing those stuped colors in our stadium" and then LOL at us.

For the past few days the announcers on 92.3FM "The Fan" here in cleveland ohio have been calling out browns playes to hurt Steelers playes on purpose even if it gets them thrown out of the game in hopes of keeping the Steelers from winning in the playoffs. They are requesting the someone goes after Bens knees to "end his playing days". Other Steelers players named to be hurt are Harrison, Wallace, Brown, Pouncey and Troy.

A couple of these radio guys are x-NFL players...how can the NFL allow x-players to call for injuring "other"players?

This is a mind set taught to the younger browns fans and something that can not be reasoned with. I heard a fews guys even say they hope ATL QB goes down with an injury, becasue clevelaned gets their #1 pick in the draft.

Make no mistake about it cleveland fans at this game will cause trouble for any Steelers fan so if you go be ready.

12. BigBlockSteelers

Nov 25, 2011
    Game moved to 4:15PM so I would not recommend going at night walking back to your cars could be trouble (not kidding).

13. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    :this!: Sorry, but this is not a good place for a Steeler fan to enjoy a game. The fans are, for the most part, rude and obnoxious. Add the late start time (more time to tailgate) and I highly advise against it. Sorry to throw a wet blanket on you plans, but I don't want to see anyone get hurt.

14. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011

This rivalry can be downright both stupid and dangerous and its not just Steelers fans going to Cleveland either.

A few years back a Cleveland fan stopped in a dormont bar/restaurant after a Cleveland win over the Steelers in Pittsburgh and never made it out of the place alive. Found him beaten to death in the Mens Bathroom.

If you go I'd advise caution and definitely wouldn't take the family. Just my .02.

15. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    I'm going. Section 509.
    Look at ticketmaster, they have a facebook app to look who's sitting where. You can see there will be a lot of Steelers fans over there.
    I'm not saying it will be safe, but neither that it will be a nightmare scenario.

16. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    If you have to worry about all the bu..sh.. then why go. If you can't enjoy yourself stay home it is safer.

17. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Clowns fans aren't as bad as they used to be. They know there really is no rivalry anymore. I wouldn't expect much trouble and there will be plenty of Steelers fans at the game. Tickets are pretty cheap and there are lots of Steelers fans here in Cleveland. I, myself, would go, but I hate Clowns Stadium and would rather be warm in my living room watching the carnage.

18. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I wish Steelers fans would take over their place. Show them how real fans act at games. You can ride opposing fans without causing harm to them. Say what you want to me but if you touch or throw something at me, then it is on.

19. Cali Doll

Cali Doll Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Wow, and I thought the Rats fans were the worst. A few years ago I went to a Steelers/Rats game in Baltimore with another female. The fans (both men and women) yelled at us and grabbed us and tried to take my Terrible Towel. Thankfully they didn't spit on us or pour drinks on us.

In hindsight, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't do that again.

20. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  21. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    I have 2 more tickets, section 535.
    Face value $70 each.

If someone wants them, I'd gladly give'em for less than that. Just prove you're a steeler fan and NOT a scalper.
    PM me if interested.

22. BigBlockSteelers

Nov 25, 2011
    Upper Deck tickets on"StubHub" are under $40 and dropping...saw a few at $29 each....why would anyone pay face value on ticket exchange?

Local media is concerned with the late start, pissed off fans and of course the number of Steelers fans that will be in attendance may be a brew for trouble.

A few years ago when the Steelers were in cleveland on Christmas Eve and won 41-0 the Steelers fans outnumber the clowns fans 2-1 (I was there and had nothing but trouble both in the stadoum and walking back to the car).

best of luck if you decide to go....I am on the fence....tickets should fall to arounf $24 by Friday.

23. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    All you guys that can go, please do. We need to take over their stadium. Fill it with Steelers fans! A home away from home game would surely motivate our Steelers!

24. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    :this!:
    Absolutely right.

25. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Just to let you know that I did went to the game with my wife, mom & dad (both seniors).
    We had a wonderful time in Cleveland visiting the Rock & Roll HOF and downtown on Saturday and attending the game on Sunday.

At our section I'll say it was 50-50 browns-steelers fans (upper level, 40ydline).

One Browns fan yelled bad words at a young steeler girl, and then he seemed to be coming close to her. Before it happened, he was immediately taken away by security.

Other than that, I'd say that it was a very enjoyable experience, watching a game in the snow and with a close W at the end. No hostility against either of us (Me, my family or the rest of Steeler Nation), other than the usual (some screams and a little yelling) against the other team that is pretty common on close games & rivalry ones.

Glad I made the trip and hope if someone else from here went to the game had a nice experience.

Hopefully, the ones that have a chance to make it this sunday to Denver are able to do so and keep waving their Terrible Towels during our road to Indy. :yeehaw: