1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else think this too?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Nah85, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Nah85

Nah85 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    When we saw that Decastro was the pick. First thing that came to mind was "More time for Ben standing in the pocket looking for the big play"

2. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    No, I was fist pumping like a mother f*****

My thought was give Redman the rock and let him go between DeCastro and Pouncey.

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    No, first thing that came to mind for me was: 'I can't believe it...YES, YES, YES!!!!'

4. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I was just thinking while ago that Ben was probably like "YES! NOW I CAN HOLD THE BALL EVEN LONGER!"

5. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    My first thought was confusion because I had completely forgotten about Decastro and it took me a second to comprehend what had just happened, lol. Once I came to and picked myself up off the ground after passing out from the excitement there was a lot of fist pumping going on. :dancing:

Can't wait to see what's going to happen tonight now! :popcorn:

6. Tdot Steeler Fan

Tdot Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    My first thought was "Holy sh*t !"

7. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Because I was sleeping when the pick was made, and woke up to the text message - but barely, my first thought was, "Oh, good. They got a guard."

It wasn't until after I got up this morning that I found out just WHICH guard they got. Then, I was excited.

8. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I blame Ben for the condition of the OL. Reason I say that is he was always saying, 'the ol is fine its me, its just the way I play.' If Ben is saying and BA/Tomlin are hearing it made they were in denial for a while. Haley likes to mix things up and to do that, changes have to be made.

Point I m making is our OL sucks and now they are addressing it. I wanted Hightower but the Steelers breed linebackers. Always have, always will. :yeehaw:

9. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I started getting stoked when Cincinnati took Kirkpatrick. I'm going to my son- 7 more picks, 4 players I would love to have- DeCastro, Reiff, Hightower, and Glenn. Thought Chicago was going to go line. They didn't. Thought the Titans might go line. They didn't. Knew Cinci was going to take DeCastro. They didn't. Now I'm jumping up and down, yelling at my son that we were going to get who we needed. Knew Cleveland might go Reiff, but not DeCastro. Then I checked Walter, saw what Detroits team needs were, saw #1 was O-tackle, and thats when I hit the roof.
    I love Hightower. I've been pushing Hightower hard since before everyone thought we should draft Burflict. But it would have been the most disappointing moment in quite a while if his name had come out of rogers mouth after "With the 24th pick in the draft..."

10. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    This!

11. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    This x2

12. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    My thought is Alan Faneca all over again! Can't wait until he and Pouncey pancacke Ngata play after play this fall!

13. 3carsteeler

3carsteeler

Dec 21, 2011
    I could not believe it. I was thinking I bet Ben is happy.

14. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

I realize you're jesting a bit, but my question is, would you prefer Ben was like Peyton when he said, "Trying to be a good teammate here, we had protection problems." Na, I'll take Ben, he is the leader of the offense, he goes out and takes the blame rather than pointing fingers. That's a leader.

15. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    :goodpost: Cant wait to see that!!!

16. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

+10000.................. :cool:

17. Somathus

Somathus Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    No, I thought "less time Ben spends beating off defenders"

18. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    So are you saying this is a good thing or a bad thing?