1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else nervous about this week's Bengal game?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by colsteveaustin, Nov 28, 2011.

1. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't know? I'm really nervous about the Bengal game this week.That Dalton to Green Connection is scary.If we play like we did against the Chiefs,I think were in trouble?Man,We gotta come out and stake our claim right away.This is a big game.I know that every game is huge for us,I'm just nervous as hell. I hope we find a way Sunday. :yeehaw:

2. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I fine Pitts always plays like crap after a bye week, that's why I hate when there's 2 weeks off before the SB. It usually takes a half to get things going again. ( except for last night) tho that was pretty much KC season they had to play like that to stand any chance, the crowd was in it from the get go.

3. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    they will have dunlap back too ,their best pass rusher . gresham and green make me worried , i say this is 50-50

4. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    the problem is dalton also throws to our guys alot too.... we will be fine

5. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Yup... I'm worried. Our high-powered offense put up a pathetic 13 points on a team that was giving up 24+ PPG and that was with 4 turnovers!

6. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    We'll crush 'em. They suck!
    It needed to be done.(apologies to the hillbilly)

:herewego!:

7. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'm nervous before every game, so nothing new here. We just seem to play down to the level of any (every) opponent and there are times when that bites us on the butt.

8. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Depends on how serious our team practices this week because the Bengals are going to be practicing at 110% and will be playing as if its the SB. They must pressure Dalton and double cover AJGreen. If the Steelers get up by a score or two they must keep the pressure and not let the Bengals have a reachable comeback. Dalton has 4 4th qtr come from behind wins this year.
    I really don't like our chances at all in this one.
    The coaching matchup of Gruden Vs. LeBeau doesn't worry me as much as the matchup of Arians Vs. Zimmer.
    Steelers better take the Bungles seriously for this game. The Bengals can almost smell the playoffs and for a team that rarely gets there that is so much motivation.

9. Sixpack

Sixpack Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    With this team it's a toss up...sad to say.

10. pepe95

pepe95 Member

Nov 26, 2011
    :herewego!: And we have Ben,Brown,Wallace,Miller,Ward
    Def;Harrison,Woodley,Polamalu,Hampton to name a few. They should be nervous not us plus Heinz field and us fans

11. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm worried about every game anymore. Championship caliber players playing peewee caliber football. I love my Steelers, but honestly there's no reason we shouldn't be undefeated right now.

12. lostyank

lostyank Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
    As stated already, I'm nervous about EVERY game we play from here on out.

13. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Not nervous, we typically play well at home vs Cin. While the Dalton/Green combo may connect for a miracle jump ball, we should be able to smother them throughout the course of the game and come out with an unspectacular, yet solid victory. I look for us to score between 20-30 and them 10-20.

14. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    To quote Beastly, "We will crush them; They suck!"

15. 43FOLyfe!

43FOLyfe! Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    I'm not going to say I am worried as much as I am going to say that I hope Ben's thumb is not as bad as I think it really is at this point.

16. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Definitely. Other than the Cards and Hawks games the Steelers wins haven't exactly been emphatic.

17. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I have hope every game that they will put together a complete game on offense which attacks the other teams weaknesses and limits their own. Still waiting at the end of the weekend most times.

18. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This is a very scary game for our Steelers, Cincy is playing
    much better than our Steelers. We have to get the ship on course and get hot
    and start playing some good football down the stretch.

19. VA_Black&Gold

VA_Black&Gold Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'll admit that I'm nervous about every single game at this point. There are no gimmies this year. We've managed to make every seemingly easy game difficult on ourselves.

I don't think statistically it's the case, but in my head we're pretty much out of the playoffs if we lose this game.

20. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Ben need to start throwing it short and spreading it around.This way our oline doesnt have to hold their block that long and before you know it we are in the redzone.We can score but we have to be patient and who knows with all the speed we have they will break a long one off a short pass.

21. Somathus

Somathus Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    No, we almost always play poorly against bad teams. There is no way that let down occurs at home against a division rival with a playoff spot on the line

22. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't want to jinx the Steelers ..but I'll take my chances since it's only the Buttheads we're playing. The bye week rust will be off, it's at home, and the buttholes just got by the Poo Stains. If the poopers had a FG kicker they would've won it, that guy is brutal lol surprised the Poopers haven't called Reed.

23. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    :this!:

24. PDXSteelers

PDXSteelers Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I am also nervous about the Bengals. It will take one heck of an effort by the Steelers to win this one.

25. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I'm not nervous yet. I don't get nervous until Friday or so. :) I'm pretty confident overall though. Sure, nobody is jumping for joy over the narrow victory over KC, but we seem to always stutter coming off the bye. The bungles will need a lot of help beating us in our own house this Sunday. ;-)