1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else know about this.......

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by NE Missouri Steeler, Mar 22, 2020.

1. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    And they didn't throw 30 td's either. Or 20. Or 10. Paint the whole picture, plzkthanks.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Hell, I bet I could throw 30 interceptions...they should give me a try!

3. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    For the record Rudolph and Hodges combined for 18 TD passes and 17 picks.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You’d be broken in small pieces long before 30. Just saying :drinks:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I think the whole picture is he threw a ton of TD passes, unfortunately, he threw just as many interceptions.
    Is that NOT a league first?

The Steelers would definitely manage him to get those TOs down as that's been their MO forever. Question is, are you willing to take the good with the bad and ugly?

6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Glemm

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Winston has an interception problem. Winston in Pittsburgh in November and December would have a really big interception problem.

8. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Not worse off, but not better either.

9. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    No-one can say but you can bet your ass it would have been more exiting than watching 30 passes for 17 yards:drinks:

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    I'm just used to our gunslinger. Backing him up with another one is familiar, and IMHO, acceptable. I would have gladly taken the picks if we were even a relatively potent offense. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I remember being nervous every time MR went back, and I didn't feel that way about any QB we ever had, and that goes back to Joe Gilliam and Terry Hanratty:cool:

12. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Rudolph threw 13 touchdown passes. He and Hodges combined for 18. That isn't good, but it is more than 10. :)

13. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    I felt the exact same way. From the second regular-season snap, I was uncomfortable with him. And the uneasy feeling never went away.

My apologies. I looked at a stat sheet online and didn't realize it didn't include all his games. :bowdown:

14. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I got nervous when Kordell Stewart would drop back to pass. When he would pull the ball down and take off and run I always breathed a sigh of relief.

15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Arians is supposed to be a QB whisperer, and he couldn't fix Winston.

16. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Bob Labriola gave a very definitive answer in the recent Q & A on the Steelers website in relation to Winston. The team are not even considering it. I think we can file it under ‘not happening’ at this point.

17. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    They have some good receivers to boot. Jamais is better than Mariota or Keenum at the QB position though. ;)

18. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Depends on your definition of better. Jameis is more talented than Keenum or Mariota imo but he is the last one I’d take from that trio to be my starter because I feel he will always give the balk away too much even if somebody can reign him in.

Mariota isn’t great either but he was 9-7 most years with Tennessee and while he doesn’t elevate those around him I don’t remember him handing wins to the opposition on a platter the way Jameis does every other week.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Jamais needs his guys to get more open, like Marsha complained about last year...:roflmao:. He will throw the ball though, give his receivers & dbs a chance. Mariota likes to tuck & run. Kenuum needs the middle open to be effective.

20. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    We've won games with Batch and Leftwich. I'd take Winston over Rudolph or Duck.

21. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019

Hey NE Missouri Steeler

As I have been clamoring around here for about a month now, find the money for Andy Dalton. Somehow, somewhere. As I have been saying to those around here that this would be financially impossible, I say this in such situations: "If we can put a man on the Moon". Make it happen Front Office. The man can ball. He is a proven winner. Good career statistics. He knows our division. Seems like a good personality.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

22. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Steeler favorite Landry Jones is available...

23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Dalton is under contract still for 17 million next year, no team is trading for him at that salary.

24. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    It's all media driven :facepalm:

25. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey steelersrule6.

Do you know what his status is currently? I mean is he technically still with the Bengals or is he on the market as a Free Agent? Also, if he wants to play then either him and his agent and/or the Bengals may have to be flexible on that price tag; especially if there are no takers for that price tag. I really do not fully know how these contracts and Free Agency work. Do you or anyone else here on the Board? Please inform me if you understand this process/situation.

I mean if he has a $17 million price anchor around his leg and there are no takers, then is it possible to get that price reduced?

Once again I do not fully understand how these things work and would appreciate if you or someone else who is more knowledgeable to explain the scenario above that I stated. I really think that he would be an ideal fit for us. Again here are my reasons:

• He is a proven winner.
    • He has good career statistics.
    • He knows our division.
    • He is really yearning to make post-season play and win.
    • He never has had any on or off the field issues (good teammate)
    • I do not think that he would mind a temporary back-up role even if Ben returns healthy.
    • I think (gut-feeling) that he would love to play for us. A real winner.
    • He probably has had it with the "atmosphere" in Cincinnati.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid