1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else about to throw in the towel on this season ?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Real steel, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Dwinsgames

Dwinsgames Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
  2. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    No it's time for some Renegade!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    To use a boxing analogy I'm up on the ring apron with towel in hand,but I'm not ready to throw it just yet. As we all know football is a emotional sport. The teams that can channel that emotion and use it every week are the most successful 10 or 11 wins usually. Then there are teams that couple that emotion with actual efficient execution on game day. Those are the elite teams that have you scratching your head wondering how they seem to dominate on a weekly basis.

The problem with our team is they ride the emotional roller coaster every week. When you combine that with the fact that we never execute at a high level it leads to close games and shocking upsets. It leaves us again scratching our heads wondering how did that just happen? We often ask ourselves ,how come we never blow anybody out? When was the last time we dominated a team? I think the answer is in both their hearts and their minds. They don't bring their emotions(heart) and their execution(minds) into each game and very ,very rarely into the same game.

I have said it before I don't think we are a very smart team. We commit too many stupid penalties and turnovers at the most inappropriate time. Combined with the fact that we don't get turnovers and our "splash" plays are nonexistent ,it lends a hand in so many nail biters. Don't even get me started on our special teams that have been far below the line for many years.

I still have a glimmer of hope that this team can find the intestinal fortitude to make some noise before the season is over. It is going to take a lot though. We can no longer rely on our flip the switch approach there are just too many factors going against us. The switch must be flipped to ON and stay ON. This team needs to make up for its lacking in the brains and execution department by bringing their emotion and tenacity to a new level. As we all know we have the talent to get it done,but do we have the heart and desire? We will find this out soon enough.:herewego!:

4. remote steeler

remote steeler Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I think that we are agreeing to agree.

I believe in the Never Give up approach as well.

We need to beat Dallas to show that we have some heart!

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i guess we are heartless.:cool:

6. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    My towel is already in the washing machine. This season is over and please don't give the "your not a real fan talk" I've seen this team during the early 70's and weathered the storm just like I'm doing now but I know when the season is done. Maybe next year folks.

7. Real steel

Real steel Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    I got my towel in my right hand

8. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I have watched down to the last play for 40 years now, and I intend to do so until the day I die.

I would not be surprised if they lost to the Bengals next week. However I would not be surprised if they make the playoffs either.

This has been an extremely unlucky team this year. They need a new RB because no one currently on the roster is the answer. They also need to start joining in, rather than looking on, the free agent market. It is also time to draft a safety, bring in new blood at LB, and maybe even draft a young Qb prospect too.

However, I love Steelers football. Great, good, bad and ugly, I've seen it all. Luck has a way of evening out too, and I do believe this team has a lot of heart and resilency left to it.

9. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I am not throwing in the towel but I can up any expectations I had for the season weeks ago. I am just not emotionally invested in this season so if they get into the playoffs and go on a run great, if they win the last two but end up one and done that is good too. If they lose they lose. I will enjoy watching them play but have zero expectations.

10. punkneater

punkneater Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2011
    There's still 2 more games to be played, and I'm certainly not giving up on the team. I see it this way, we're lucky our last games are at home and against the Bungles and Clowns-- could be a heck of a lot worse.