1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone concerned about the Browns game this week?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by colsteveaustin, Dec 27, 2011.

1. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I can't shake the feeling of us struggling against the stains?Maybe,It's because of Batch or the way our Defense is playing this year?I don't know?I'm not confident at all? The way we played the last time was too close for comfort.I think Seneca Wallace is alot better than McCoy.It's in Cleveland,They have NOTHING to play for,And they would love to beat us.I know any given Sunday,Anyone can beat you.I just hate the Browns so much.I swear 2 wins against them a year is a great year to me.Are any of you concerned? GO STEELERS :yeehaw:

2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    It's been one of those seasons where you can't count on anything going to script. I reckon they'll be a few surprises. I hope our game is not one of them.

Don't agree that Wallace is better than McCoy, but I think it's our o-line that will really determine who wins the game.

3. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I always worry about the Browns. They always play us tough. We barely escaped with a win in Heinz Field. You know there fans will be hyped and ready to go. I just hope we are.

Our oline is a big concern and our dline. Hillis is a big back that we usually struggle against. Without Troy blitzing on the run we would of gave up even more yards against Steven Jackson.

4. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm concerned if Ben plays because I think they will go after his ankle if they can and really mess him up. I think Tomlin is a fool if he starts Ben. Let Charlie start and see what happens.

5. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    T will not start 7 no way no how!! 53 and 56 sit as well...get them all as close to 100% as possible for the playoffs.

6. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Any time you play a team with nothing to lose it's dangerous. I hope no one tries to deliberately go after Ben or Harrison.

7. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Not concerned about losing. I am concerned about injuries as these guys always play us tough. No need for Ben or Woodley to play so we'll see what happens.

8. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    41-0

The standard is the standard, regardless of who plays, this is how we end the season versus the Browns

9. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

I agree that Ben should not play. However, on the NFL Network tonight it was discussed by Dulac (Pittsburgh Post Gazette) that Tomlin wants to get Ben in for at least 20 - 25 plays. He does not want him to sit for two weeks and then go into the playoffs after not seeing action in all that time.

This does worry me and I think we should let things fly with Batch and keep Ben on the road to recovery, even if we have to settle for the #5 seed. (Although I want to be #1 or #2) Dulac was also stating that Ben was moving much better last week around the training facility than he was the week before when he did play against San Fran. Last week, we pretty much knew that we could run all day on the Rams and it is pretty much the same this week against the #26 (I believe run defense).

10. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    7 will not play one snap this week!!!!!!!! If he does I will crawl from Wilkes-Barre Pa to Baltimore and kiss Ray Lewis's ass at mid field before the next STEELER Rats game!!!!(God I hope Im right!!)

11. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I admire your passion and conviction, but God forbid that should happen, you had better get all of your shots (rabies, various anit-VDs, zombie-antivirus, butcherer-tranquilizers, etc.) before going near Ray Lewis!

12. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    :lolol: :roflmao:

13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ben will be starting, and I am not worried about the Browns. Run it down there throats and
    they will quit. Just like the rams did last week. Now if the Steelers go in thinking
    that this will be a cake walk? Play hard fundemental football and we will come out winners.

14. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I definitely do not think this is a gimmee no matter who suits up at QB. We had Ben on TNF, and it was a really close game. The Browns have a pretty decent pass D.

15. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    The talk pretty much around here is that they should pretty much just lay down and get the 3rd or 4th draft pick. Not many Browns fans will be there. I know several season ticket holders and they sold there tickets already, so the turn out for Steeler Nation should be good. Unfortunately I'm not going to see the game, because I will be on a plane for Hawaii. ;)

16. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Funny thing is when ever I worry about the Browns the Steelers usually kill them. When I don't worry about them they usuallly play a close game. Weird.

17. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    you should start worrying then :cool:

18. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    If you look at all the AFC North divisional games the Steelers have played, this year, then you'll see that, in the second game against the same opponent, the Steelers play a MUCH better game. Ravens: game 1 got blown out, game 2 close game. Bengals: game 1 eeked out a win, game 2 blew them out. Browns: game 1 struggled for a win (14-3), game 2 ???? I'm going with: the Steelers maul them.

19. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Going to the pro-bowl early?
    Seriously, have a good trip. My son lives on Kauai and I have yet to make it to that island. Next year!

:yeehaw:

20. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Not to mention body armor in case one of his "posse" decides to stab you.

21. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I want him to play just to see that! I wonder if Ray would kill you or marry you afterwords? ;)

22. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Probably both. In either order.

23. BigBlockSteelers

BigBlockSteelers Active Member

Nov 25, 2011
    For the past few days the announcers on 92.3FM "The Fan" here in cleveland ohio have been calling out browns playes to hurt Steelers playes on purpose even if it gets them thrown out of the game in hopes of keeping the Steelers from winning in the playoffs. They are requesting the someone goes after Bens ankle and ends the Steelers Super Bowls hopes. Other Steelers players named to be hurt are Harrison, Wallace, Brown, Pouncey and Troy.

A couple of these radio guys are x-NFL players...how can the NFL allow x-players to call for injuring "other"players?

This is a mind set taught to the younger browns fans and something that can not be reasoned with. Make no mistake about it cleveland fans want injuries to Steelers player, I here is everyday at work they talk about it like it's no big deal.

In todays cleveland Plain Dealer, Tony Grossi report call Harrison a "cheap shot artist", "head hunter" and still refers to the hit on McCoy as "brutal".

24. Somathus

Somathus Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011

"I think Seneca Wallace alot better than McCoy"

I seriously doubt you could find anyone who agrees with you. McCoy might be overrated, but Wallace is nothing more then a career #2 at best

25. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    USA Today shows Roethlisberger as 'probable' in the injury list (for whatever that's worth). I would be a lot more concerned about the Browns game if we had downside (notwithstanding injuries, etc.). We're a #5 seed and there's nowhere to go but up from there. We certainly don't need to go out there and play 'nervous' about what might happen if we lose, or be ultra-conservative, etc. We can let it all hang out and take the good if it comes, or get ready to be road warriors. Either way, this week I will probably be less nervous than I've been most other weeks....

Of course, it sort of surprised me to see Tomlin mentioning the impact of the 'playoff situation' in his preparation talk/decision-making about who plays this week (as opposed to the standard, 'we play to win, no excuses, standard is the standard blah, blah blah). I'm just hoping he's not watching the Ravens/Bengals game on his ipad during the Steelers game and mistakenly taking his timeouts to stop the clock for Cincinnati if that game is close. Then again, the way we abuse timeouts, it might be just as well.....

GO STEELERS!