1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Any with NFL Sunday Ticket been contacted yet?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by thorn058, Jul 30, 2020.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I just made an investment in a 65 inch Samsung TV and hoping to get to watch a game at some point or some hockey. I was curious how Sunday ticket is planning the season. I havent seen anything like what teams and ticket Master are sending out to season ticket holders.

2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Not sure if his will help you or not but I called AT&T/Direct TV last month after they raised my rates yet again. I told them to cancel, come pick it up, I'm done with their services. They offered me 12 months at nearly half the price. I agreed to the new terms. Before I hung up I had told them to just go ahead and cancel the NFL package for this year. They said this year is free for everyone. No need to cancel.

Just hope there is a season.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I have not been contacted myself. Hoping to hear from them soon. Foreign exchange rates stink!!

4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    August 1st the Penguins start playing Hockey!! If you are a fan of another team I believe they all start Saturday.

5. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I wondered why it was free until I got to the end.

6. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Is there any other team than the Pens? I meant that it was being reported that NBC wasn't going to be allowed to carry the games just CBC which fortunately I have for the time being.

7. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't have satellite or Sunday ticket I was just thinking today about it and what information they might have given to subscribers. I know a bunch of ppl on the board have done what you did, tell them you are done and have them give you deep discounts. I hope we get a season too but not at the risk of anyone's health

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    A friends wife does this every year with Dish and gets a rate half of going.

9. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Gamepass are just automatically renewing. A bold move - unless they genuinely think Good Morning Football justifies the subscription.

10. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I did some checking over the weekend and found out that there is a push to have the Supreme Court hear an antitrust case against the NFL for Sunday ticket but that has been happening for the last few years or so. Slim hope that they will take up with many more pressing issues for them to weigh in on. I found the whole if you live somewhere where DirectTV can place a dish such as an Apt, condo, or townhouse then you can get their streaming service. Which makes me wonder if I gave my parents address as they live in a townhouse could I get the streaming service? Really not sure ehh they haven't cut a deal with YouTube or some other streaming service, broader appeal, more secure cash flow, and currently works with the cord cutting culture.

11. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Thorn, if you weren't such a good poster, there would be a living in your parents basement joke in there somewhere. :smiley1:

12. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    People can get the streaming service if they don't have access to the dish. People can use Xbox, PS4, computer, ect. I usually connect to my TV through HDMI cable. My house has to many trees and electric wires that interfere with the dish signal. The website can tell if you if can qualify. Need to put in some basic info. I guess it's an algorithm that they use. I haven't decided if I will renew for this season. I don't know if I want to follow a season under the current set of circumstances.

Direct TV sent this email in July:

We hope you enjoyed your NFL SUNDAY TICKET.TV TO GO service from the 2019 NFL season. Now that you're all set to get every minute of every live out-of-market NFL game, every Sunday, get ready for another exciting season of NFL SUNDAY TICKET.TV TO GO.

To show our appreciation for loyal fans like you, we've created www.sundayready.com, a site dedicated to bringing you more excitement throughout the season and helping you make room for Sunday.

Simply put, we want to thank you for being one of our most valuable customers and coming on this unprecedented journey with us. We're dedicated to making NFL SUNDAY TICKET .TV the best streaming sports product in the industry, and because of you, we're on our way.

You don't have to do a thing. Just keep enjoying every touchdown, blitz and game-winning play. Your NFL SUNDAY TICKET .TV subscription will renew automatically beginning on August 25, 2020. You will receive a confirmation email after each monthly payment of $73.49 (four easy payments total, using the same payment method from last season; the first charge will occur in early September before the start of the season).

If you wish to cancel or change your NFL SUNDAY TICKET .TV package, please go to NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV before Sunday, September 13, 2020 and visit "My Billing Information" page on the site.

Hope this helps some folks out there.

13. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Thanks burgh that is helpful, we have several streaming services so will look more closely at them. Everytime I try looking at the Sunday ticket site I get stonewalled by their sorry this isn't available to you site.

14. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Ironically I say my parents townhouse but really my younger brother pays for it. He has a bipolar disorder and bad social anxiety so when health issues forced my dad into early retirement and my mom shortly after to care for him, my brother makes a good living(more than any of us other three would) and doesn't mind basically living with the folks.

If I'd hadn't met my wife 13 years ago that joke would have been really real. I was aimless for most of my late 20's and in my 30's boomeranged alot to back home. Now married 3 kids, house. Job for 10 yrs and strangely content. If only they showed more Steelers games lol.