1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

ANY SUGGESTIONS TO FIX THIS STAGNANT OFFENSE

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelpens65, Sep 18, 2023.

1. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Besides Seumalo the line is the same as last year, and he is FA pro that was supposed to help solidify the middle. Time to get together was preseason, two game in and our center is getting tossed liked Green. The 9's and Browns may have great D lines, but we were getting abused. Maybe they just suck, or perhaps the schemes suck...but this is one bad suck.

2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    image0.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    I don't understand how anyone within the organization thinks yeah we got a shot with this guy canada running the offense. Luckily he has 2 of tomlins favorite things in his resume. Maryland and Pitt

Matt Canada's Resume

4. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Not liking how NFL evolving with QBs. I understand what you are saying but you got to have patience to develop a player. Not many QBs can start and be successful coming straight out of college.
    But yeah your right, noone has the time to develop a QB today. Im still old school, I played sports. Sometimes it is a benefit to you and your team to be benched, regroup and improve. Like i said not the end of the world to take a seat to learn.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Im sorry not sorry, that doesn’t work all the time. I do agree we have sucky backups. Many of QBs have been ruined thrown right into the fire.

6. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    What is hilarious is Deshaun”I’ll make my own happy ending “ Watson being 25.Oh the Browns will be the Browns!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don’t really believe in that. Sure you can hurt their confidence but talent wins out if they have it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    That must be why PFF had Garrett rated as the highest graded defensive player in the game :facepalm:, that's a freaking joke even if had some pressures, Garrett had one tackle and one QB hit he wasn't better than either Highsmith or Watt in the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Take some deep shots to Austin like that TD pass Mason threw to him in preseason, get all three TEs more involved in the passing game, Pickett has had chances to pick up yards running but he hasn't done it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I brought all this up when He was hired, but was told college didn't matter, and I didn't know what I was talking about.:shrug:

11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Totally agree with this.
    Also I dig that avatar.

12. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011

Yeah. For the line, it’s like last season never happened.

Almost every coach looks bad in all of this except outside LB’s coach and not just because TJ and Highsmith are playing great, because Golden and Herbig look golden too. But how tough is it to teach guys to go get em’?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    So like @S.T.D said .. if Bradshaw played today he would be ****canned? Well we live in an amazon world, got to have it now! I really am shaking my mf head over this right now concept. Guess if you dont get 2+ 2 correct, you fail. Dont ever mess up boys n girls, you only have one chance.
    Sorry guys i just cant agree with this concept! I failed my drivers test the first time, glad it was way back than or i wouldnt be granted another chance today to Study and Learn

• Like Like x 1
  14. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Also, yes talent wins out but you crush confidence there goes your talent.

15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It's the price of the cost of players now, free agency, and different rules.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Opposing QB's have completed 82% of their passes against the Raiders this year. It is the worst 2 game stretch to start the season in NFL history. If Kenny can't look good against this defense then I don't know who he will look good against.

• Informative Informative x 2