1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

ANY SUGGESTIONS TO FIX THIS STAGNANT OFFENSE

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelpens65, Sep 18, 2023.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Amen

2. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Oh...And Canada does suck, That's beyond disputable but...But Kenny has made MANY...Really bad throws and reads the first 2 Games...

That is in no way, shape or form Canadas fault

Last edited: Sep 19, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Maybe Pickett does stink.That is yet to be determined...But let me ask you this, if he was plugged into a competent offense with a solid scheme and stability , someone designing plays that builds confidence in its players, do you think you'd have the same results? We need him to succeed. If you think coaching doesn't matter, and your ready to give up on him after less than a year as a starter than what's the alternative?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This. Also I'm still behind KFP, but most of the problems are on Him right now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Yup...He has been sucking, but I'm not ready to give up on him yet..We really don't have an alternative ..He's surely not the only one on offense that has sucked, but he is the QB so your play is definitely magnified

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Maybe...And it most certainly matters! Look at the ineptitude of our HC over the last, How many Years!

To me, Kenny looks uncomfortable, jittery, happy feet, indecisive...Is that mostly Canada or Pickett?.

I don't have the answer but, I do know it's a bad Offense

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I'm not giving up on Kenny just yet but if he has a poor first half against the Raiders then the switch has to be made to Trubisky at halftime. Trubisky is below average but that is better than what Kenny is giving the team right now.

8. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Run 1st ....don't get down early. Stop zero to negative gaining plays on 1st and 2nd downs.

Establish the run, put the hands in the ground knock people on their butts move the sticks get some first downs, get them up in the box and beat them with the pass.

Get some confidence going. 11 guys at most times are playing with zero confidence.

Good plays breed good plays, bad plays breed bad plays.

We want to be cute and sexy, but this isn't a prom queen level of talent.

We need to just be the Mom who puts pot roast in the crock pot so the family can have a meal to eat.

We aren't the prom queen with the Sugar Daddy. We don't a Patrick Mahomes talent at QB on the team.

Become simple it sometimes works the best!

9. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    If we come out and run east west with Najee on first down then we are being insane especially if the Raiders stack the box which I would keep doing until KP beats you. If KP sees that he has to have an audible for it!!

10. Steelers-MT

Steelers-MT Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2017
    Najee Harris is maybe the slowest RB in the league.
    Make him lose a couple LBs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    There is more to measuring a pass rusher than just sacks. Garrett generated plenty of pressure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Warren has been less effective as a runner. Yes, he is a better receiver. That is why he is the third-down back.

13. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    ONE Tackle

14. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    OC is what he is. Who hired him? Who is the ultimate decision maker on the Team, who should be listening in on play calls and overrule these calls. Who is speaking to the ownership and providing input on how to make the Team better, what free agents to bring in? These issues, secondary, O line and D line have been discussed for over 5 years, who has been in charge and not fixed a god damn thing. Don’t bring up this **** about never having a losing season, he is a cancer and needs to go. 17 years with the talent he was given and won 1 SB. Several misses on draft picks, developing players and getting his ass handed to him for years by Belicheck when we had the talent. Won his first challenge in 5 years last night, terrible end of game time management, the list goes on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Trafalgar

Trafalgar Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2016

Yeah, outside of freaks like Henry and Beast Mode it's a game for speed guys who can get outside.

16. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes I too wish he would lose a couple of LB's as well. Maybe a couple of CB's while he's at it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    We couldn't even execute a basic RB screen last night. The OL o-layed the entire defensive front barely even touching them and KP didn't rainbow it to the RB because he had about a milisecond after the snap because said OL didn't even bother to give a basic attempt at chipping the D line a smidgen. Basic fundamentals are a mess from good old fashioned tackling to fielding a kickoff that is going out of bounds its just mental error after mental error. If Chubb hadn't gone down last night they could have ran us out of the stadium.

So what's the fix, OL line needs to start opening up running lanes and we need to be able to run in between tackles. If they stack the line that doesn't mean you run Najee East-West, you have to execute some basic pass plays to get them tot back off, that is on KP to make good throws and Canada to dial up some plays that get receivers open. If he does K effing P you have to make the throw!!!

• Like Like x 1
  18. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Bk making better decisions and more accurate passes would go a long long way

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    We can't do that. If We do that there will always be the ....well now that He's had more time, well they didn't give him enough time, well now we have a different Oc, now that our OL is better, or 5 million different things. We must absolutely know what We have in KFP before His forth year, and We can't do that on the bench. Besides only Qb that's not afraid to push it down the field is the 3rd stringer. Better just to find out what We actually have.

20. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Absolutely agree

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Explain why we cant sit a starting qb? Why are we so sensitive today saying you will ruin him? GTFO! I remember Bradshaw being benched! Look how that turned out.
    This self entitlement has gotten out of hand. Sometimes a step back actually will get you 2 steps forward. If KP keeps struggling let him watch from sidelines. This can be very beneficial.

22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Because the options behind him suck so let him work through it. He needs real game experience, that’s how you grow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Simple get rid of Canada he’s a prick and he calls a crappy game the other coaches hate him and 3 have quit cause they won’t work with him guy is bad news every where he goes

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I thought I explained it very well in the comment You quoted, and commented on. We waited about 4 years on Bradshaw....in today's NFL Bradshaw would have either been on His 2nd team, a backup, or done in the NFL.....Him, and most that got that time in the NFL in the 60s, and 70s. In today's NFL You will be paying out the A$$ for Your Qb by the 4th, or 5th year if You want to keep them.....So You better find out what You got before then, and You can't learn anything on the bench He doesn't already know, or should know.

25. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I said something like this in another thread. A complete change of O systems is not going to happen, but either demote/fire Canada, give Thomas control and bring in some heavy hitting consultants to help fix this mess.

• Like Like x 1