1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Landry fans out there?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BLACKGOLD CHAMPS, Oct 17, 2016.

1. BLACKGOLD CHAMPS

BLACKGOLD CHAMPS Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2016
    Not me. Just wondering if there are any.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Better chance of finding Big Foot or Elvis.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  3. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    i saw elvis messing with sasquatch

4. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    No - I mean maybe if he was the starting QB for another team and we were playing them this week...:shrug:

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Wait, please clarify. If you mean fans as in wildly throwing his arm as to provide a breeze, then we see Landry fans every time he throws and misses a receiver.

6. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    He has his Mom, Dad, maybe his wife? His wife is a knockout too from what I hear.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Landry Jones or Zach Mettenberger?

8. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    I would like to see a reappearance of the Landry Jones who came in of relief of Mike Vick against the Cardinals last year.
    He came out and was slinging it and we won.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    well i wish she would do just that to him
    so we can go with Mettenberger

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I'm one of the most negative members here, but I still wish Jones the best. I grew up in the 80's when the Steelers had mediocre QBs... so a QB like Landry Jones is nothing new to me. It's foolish to expect a backup QB to play as well as the starter. Look what happened to the Panthers and Broncos... their backups stunk up the joint when the starters were out. People act like Landry Jones is the worst QB ever... and he's not.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Seems like a nice kid with a good head on his shoulders. Not some dude we have to worry about getting suspended for his stupidity. In some ways, I'd rather my kid wear a Landry jersey than half the other dope smoking selfish idiots in this league. So in the sense that he's a modern day pro athlete who doesn't feel the perpetual need to make a useless spectacle of himself I would say that I'm a fan of him. Now does that mean I ever want to see him on the field? NO! LOL!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Quit whining and support him as the starting QB, good, bad or indifferent he will be evaluated by the coaches and if he cant cut it they will make a change, and mettenberger is no fix all either.............

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yup

14. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    To have an chance against the Patriots.
    The defense needs to step up, stop the run, create a turnover(s), sack brady. Do anything. It would be help if Shazier or Heyward are back, not expecting it.
    Brady is going to score it's going to happen you need to some how limit him to 25 points or less. If you do that it's a win.

Offense, you need to gets lots of Leveon Bell and Denagelo Williams. With out a big game from these two, Going to be hard.

Landry needs to play situational football. Hopefully attempts, about 25 passes or less.

If we can do these things, we have a shot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    If Brady has a bad day... which is rare... the Steelers can win. I've seen Brady play badly on a few occasions, so it's possible he could come out and lay an egg.

16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I'm a fan of the Steelers and Jones plays for them so there's that.
    I don't think much of his ability, but that's what we have deal with it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Not a fan but I don't dislike him like most of you on here. I didn't like when they picked him and I said he was a bust but someone in my family swore up and down he was the next great Steelers QB. I wanted them to draft Glennon or pick up Tebow as a project. 3+ years now, he could have learned how to throw the ball. I don't get on Landry because I remember that game when he came in and lit it up. He's got the ability. This game is make or break for him though.

18. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Everyone in Baltimore and Cincinnati loves him.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    You mean like how osweiler filled in for peyton and kept winning games? Or how about 2 different qbs in new England without Brady and a 3-1 record.

I miss the days where i felt Batch gave us a winning shot if Ben went down. LOLandry doesn't do that 99% of the time. I hope we see mettenberger (or however you spell it).

20. Brews Crew

Brews Crew Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I am still wondering why he is still on this team.

21. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ride or Die Steelers fan here.. Bens hurt, the show goes on!! I support who they put on the field as our QB and Football is a team sport so in order to beat any team the supporting cast members also have to play sound Football. Let's do this we have a very talented team to beat anybody plus were at home "I believe" Go Steelers!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    I just don't see it happening. I thought our defense would be better this year and boy was I completely wrong. Even when the other team throws the ball right to our defense they can't catch it (Gay) We can't buy a sack, no pressure. Our D made the Dolphins, who get their asses beat on a weekly basis look like New England. Do you think our D will be able to cover Gronkowski and Bennett next week? Not a chance in hell. They will score at will. So I'm no fan of Jones but I don't think it even matters how he does. Our D is going to get run over. Gave up 500 yards or so to the Fins I could see 1000 yards given up to New England.

23. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Look I found one...

upload_2016-10-17_11-40-36.png

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  24. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Whether we have admiration or disdain... the the fact is that Landry is the quarterback for the time being.

Hopefully Haley can help turn lemons into lemonade with him like he did against Arizona.

• Like Like x 1
  25. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    :herewego::herewego:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2