1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

any chance? cause damn, i would be happy

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steel1031, Feb 26, 2018.

1. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    seen this mock, now its not from a real big name. it was a 7 rd mock so instead of posting link cause its long. I picked out he steelers picks

rd1 Ronnie Harrison safety Alabama

rd2 Leighton vander esch lb boise st I cant believe he will be there but who knows. we can hope.lol

rd3 marcus allen safety penn st

rd5 shaun dion Hamilton lb Alabama he is coming off another injury but this kid is worth this pick

rd7 poona ford nt texas

• Like Like x 1
  2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't think it's very realistic.......but sign me up. Missing another 5 and a 7

3. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    I thought we had more than 5 picks but that was all they had. I checked 3 times

4. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I don't like Harrison in the first. I think he is a player that was protected by Bamas talent.

I also hate the video of him fighting with a CB and Reuben Foster from 2016 while the team was up by 14.

There' worse options but it' not a guy I am hoping for.

I think Vanderesch is a 2nd round player but doubt he lasts til #60.

5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't watch any Bama football at all so someone give me an honest opinion are these guys solid player's or is it the scool, system, rep? I can't remember a recent Alabama player being drafted high and having it be a slam dunk, lots of iffy ones though.

6. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I think Minkah Fitzpatrick is a good player but he's not really a FS or a CB. He's kind of like a better version of Sean Davis. IMO, he is overrated.

Ronnie Harrison is a good football player. Great size and is a good enough athlete to play SS. I think he was protected from Bamas talent and scheme. I think he is a 2nd round talent.

Payne is a legit disruption at DT. I've seen so many Bama Dline disappoint I hate to get behind him. But last year when I watched tape on Jonathan Allen, Payne was just as if not more impressive.

I think Rashaan Evans has every tool a MLB needs. He does nothing spectacularly and he's not a playmaker but he just makes big stops when he needs to.

They have 3 serviceable mid round corners. My favorite is Levi Wallace. He's skinny and he' not a great athlete but few play the ball better than him. Big PD production.

7. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    I watch bama every week and can tell u all u need to know.

Fitzpatrick is a special player. He will be a pro bowl safety and can play some corner if need be. Special special special

Harrison wasnt a product of the system. Harrison allowed fitz to do alot of what he got to do. He is a day one starter and absolutely worth a 1st rd pick. I hope he is there when we pick. He is like ha ha clinton dix. With more size.

Payne is a stud. Plug him in for 10 years and just try and just watch people try and move him.

Evans would look great in black and gold but safety is a bigger need. If harrison is gone then hit your homerun with him. A good kid and leader.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I'd love this draft

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Not enough pass coverage skills from either Evans or harrison for me. It's one thing to stop the run but in the NFL they have to play the pass as well. Now convert harrison to the hybrid ILB spot and we may have something. He does have enough pass coverage skills to cover TEs and RBs out of the backfield. I just don't want him covering receivers full time as a SS. Evans is Vince Williams 2.0. We really don't need that spot drafted with he and red still here. There are many guys that can play that ILB role that have far better coverage ability and could be had much later in the draft. :cool:

10. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I know ideally we would want better coverage from our LBs but it's more important we can actually stop the run first. Stopping the run with our front 7 would make it easier to defend the pass. As of right now our ILBs are doing a terrible job of stopping the run and creating down and distances that are more easily defendable. Having to bring our safety down into the box so consistently is hurting us in the passing game especially with a guy with cement shoes as our deep help. I believe Evans is a superior athlete and more instinctual then Vince so I don't think he's 2.0. I believe Dunbar is the key in this decision. If he feels Evans is the guy for us his opinion may carry some weight....we also have been using more and more of the 4-2-5 looks and I'm not so sure we will be tasking our LBs with as much coverage.

I realize having LBs that can cover is great but can we find a couple that can tackle first. I would be happy with Evans and LVE or if someone happens to fall that wasn't expected . I mean we hear the excuses for our OLBs that they drop into coverage...now we're getting hung up on our ILBs being great in coverage. I would like to see our LBs actually make plays at or behind the LOS......

11. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I know you're a big Bama guy.....can you give me a early scouting report on Anfernee Jennings...he's already on my radar for next years draft. From what little I've seen a more athletic Lamar Woodley.....

12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Harrison fought his own teammate?

Count me out then. Have to update my list to.

13. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Minkah Fitzpatrick does not stand out like Jalen Ramsey did for me. Outside their athletic traits, one big difference stands out.

The difference I see in Ramsey that I do not see in Fitz is that Ramsey had "it" in absolute spades; his "Pack Leader" mentality an absolute bonus among defensive backs. Fitz has those moments in micro bursts. Also, he does not possess those "Alpha Dog" traits either.

Why am I mentioning terms such as "Pack Leader" and "Alpha Dog" you may ask? Such defensive players players who are rated usually have such traits. Take Bradley Chubb for example. That is an "Alpha Dog". What about the ability to command a lockeroom? Oddly enough, that is where Derwin James shines.

Fitz displays neither of these. If anything, Ronnie Harrison had more of a "Pack Leader" mentality than Fitz did.

14. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    Well the knee surgery went well they said. He is alot like woodley. Goes around 260. Probably quicker. Doesnt do great in space but not really ask to. He can get in the backfield.
    My guess is he will be a stud next year because he will be the big dog. Which means he will probably go high.
    I am afraid he will be one of those tweener guys in the nfl

• Like Like x 1
  15. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    It's not egregious but it doesn't look good.

16. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    I will agree. He doesnt talk alot but watch the sidelines. He is a coach on the field. When he was out with injury. That defense was completely different.

The team looked at him as the leader and so did coaches

17. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    2 years ago and harrison got caught up in the usc trash talk. He was younger. Not an issue at all

18. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    no way we get harrison and allen...... it's either one or the other

19. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I don't know what tape you're watching, but Evans had some really good PD's in big games against good QB's. He's also made some huge stops against first round talent in those games as well.

Not seeing all this love for Vander Esch. Just don't see him showcasing in anything but games against inferior teams. His coverage seems good, but I'm not seeing him get those tackles for loss in anything but blow out games or against RB's.

I'm really starting to look at Griffin. He's got all the physical skills and the intangibles. He's going to get knocked for his hand, but I think he'll be able to get off blocks.

20. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Any chance Quenton Nelson falls to us? That dude is a monster!

Another Decastro situation perhaps?

21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Ive wondered this myself. We'd crush teams in the trenches if he's added to the line.

22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    nope

23. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    If Minkah somehow fell out of the top ten picks, I'd be screaming for a trade up to get him. He's a difference maker. He will be a star.

• Like Like x 1
  24. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    I would love that but don't think he will or don't think we have the firepower to do it.

25. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    The NFL mock draft has us getting harrison at 28, how great that would be but I doubt if he will be on the board vat 28 but anything is possible:

28. STEELERS: RONNIE HARRISON, S, ALABAMA
    The Steelers next help in the secondary. Harrison is the kind of hard-hitting, physical player that will instantly make an impact and become a fan favorite in Pittsburgh.

SCOUTING REPORT: Combination safety with all the size and athletic traits you could hope for in a safety. Harrison is a fluid athlete with few athletic limitations and has the ability to fit into a variety of defensive schemes. His penchant for flying in shoulder first will need to get cleaned or risk giving up missed tackles and big plays. Harrison's physical approach and urgency in run support gives him a chance to start early, but his potential in coverage and athletic ability give him a chance to become a Pro Bowler. (via NFL.com)