1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Brown

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by theotherbigben, Dec 9, 2011.

1. benwallace17

benwallace17 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011

I agree, half the reason AB is becoming a fan favorite so fast is because of his "antics" he looks like he's having fun out there and it is a "joy to watch". Tho this is the NFL and every player noticably trying to have fun on the field is thought to have a trouble maker attitude.

As for the Wallace expendable thing. Why is it that when we have more than one good player within a unit ( WR, LB's, DL, CDs) around here one is always considered expendable. I remeber people saying this about Keisel and Harrison before the season started....and have heard it before. Consider, we all want as many good corners on this team as possible....but if say Cortez Allen became a freak next year......does that mean we wouldnt need Ike anymore? This one especially, Wallace is great and changes the way the D-fense can play and that helps AB and AB takes advantage.......lets keep both....and sanders..........and cotchery. :swordsman:

2. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    AB is the best WR on the Team.....He has more heart and more desire than the others,besides Ward of course.....He also has natural skill ,,,not just speed....He has vision and he understands how to make space on the field work for him.....He has the instincts to use that ability without thinking......His problem has always been being over Coached.....He might mess up here and there but just leave the kid alone ,,,,he is a natural he has that it you can't Coach......

I was clowned on the other MB for stating he was the best WR on the Team,,,but he is starting to show the NFL what I saw from him in camps and in pre season.......I will still stand behind the statement that he is the most talented WR on the team...........

As I stated in my other thread where is the 2 RB set with Brown stacked behind Wallace????As I said Wallace and his speed is enough to force the D 10 yards off the ball ,,,,now with the open field ability that Brown has you would force the hand of every D in the NFL......

They would have to roll coverage to that side and have deep help and the LB would be asked to stop the quick slant to Wallace or Brown.....So lets stop right there and do the Math that's 3 DB'S forced to that side and 1 LB forced to play at 6 or 7 yards instead of 4 or 5 on that side of the field......HMMM,,,,,,,to me that's gravy as now there are really only 7 guys left to play the run and the TE.....

This is when the PA becomes huge and the mis-direction of faking to 1 RB and going the other way with the other is pretty much unstopable........As a OC I make them pick there poison if they play loose I use PA and quick hit them to death,,,if they plaay tight which is really what I would Love I now simply out man them in the run game and hit the high percentage passes to the open TE and after they adjust hit the wide open speedsters off the PA......

This is what we do not do ...I have looked at the film and have only found a few times that Brown is stacked behind Wallace and none of those are from a 2 RB 1 TE set.........Any Coach worth a salt would make a D show them that you have the skill to stop this with the skill we have.......

Here is a clue to what you would need against this set with the current skill level.....3 great DB'S who can stop the pass get off blocks and guard the talent of Wallace and Brown 1 on 1 most the time,plus make tackles on Mendenhall or Redman 1 on 1 in the open field.....Every LB would have to be great at pass coverage as Miller is a true threat plus the sets would force the OLB to play that Hook zone on almost evey snap........And also the LB'S would have to tackle 1 on 1 if the OL can just get a half a block as the play design does most the blocking for them....The DL can not stunt and slant because there are passing options right behind them on both sides,plus there are running options to both sides.......

We have all the skill in the world to run such an O yet we refuse....There are also a bunch more attacks of this nature that force D'S tp play what we want them to play and how we want them to play......Trust me a Empty set doesn't force a thing it just telegraphs what we are trying to do....

3. NecessaryRoughness

NecessaryRoughness Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Remember how Ward held out for a while in 2005, and then he mocked the Icky Shuffle when we played in Cincinnati?

I didn't get that one. I saw the replay once and thought, "Haha, the Brownies are gonna lose a timeout!" That it was overturned was baffling.

On the old board, right after our preseason game against Atlanta, someone remarked that Brown looked like a more-polished receiver than Wallace. It's starting to look like Brown might be the better player.

4. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah I'm not sure how they could reverse that call. He clearly had it. That's why refs need to be held accountable for their calls. Too much inconsistancy

5. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Well at least now we finally have the answer ,to an age old question.What can Brown do for you? This kid is special.Wait until they figure out all the different ways to get him more touches. :popcorn:

6. Greg the man Lloyd

Greg the man Lloyd Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I do not like how Brown acts after he catches every ball. But, he not like Jackson who hurts his team all the time. I wish Brown would save the dance and stuff for tds. Maybe if he catches a bunch more balls he will be to tired to act like an idiot after every catch.

I am a little old school and wish they would just get back to the huddle or go celebrate with a teammate. I do not mind the first down call after a big pick up. Then get to the huddle and lets play.

He is getting better every game and probably has more overall skills then Wallace. But i will take both of them

The other thing that is crazy is the Steelers were saying Sanders was a more complete WR then both of these guys. Hope he can get healthy.

7. NecessaryRoughness

NecessaryRoughness Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    That would be nice!

8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Brown comes from a football family his dad is a famous arena league WR? He'll be okay.

Gosh, Ward isn't getting 1000 this year the way Wallace, Brown, and Cothchery are playing.

9. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    and Chad Johnson is his uncle