1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Brown wants to retire a Steeler

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, May 16, 2022.

1. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    If we combine them we have

ABBA

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Or you can just ignore it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I never quite got this mentality either. Guys like AB, James Harrison, Rod Woodson all brought me a lot of joy while watching Steelers games. Once they move on I don't necessarily root for them, but I really just become indifferent on them.

In AB's case I'm actually worried for him that a possible untreated mental illness will end in tragedy, and I'm certainly not rooting for that

Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 4
  4. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Looky i'm getting nakey... This is all he has left. Mental midget.

5. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I like ABBA. there are friends of mine that have busted my stones about it. I also like John Denver. What? A guy can't appreciate Alice Cooper, Motorhead and ABBA, too? lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    I feel this way. If he has CTE or some sort of mental illness, he likely knows. Pro athletes in this country have access to the finest medical professionals in the world. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't read anywhere that Brown is being treated for any mental illness or CTE. if he's not addressing condition(s) he full well knows affect impulse control, anger etc., then that's on him. To me, the guy is an a**hole, a criminal and a pervert. I honestly could care less what happens to him. If he were Joe Bagofdonuts, he'd likely be in prison anyway. It's funny how hero worship and accountably are inversely proportional with some people. See also, Browns, Cleveland, Watson, DeShaun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    No. Next question? :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  8. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    CTE can't be diagnosed until after death. Even if it could be diagnosed before death, there's no treatment for it. It's progress and degenerative. With that said, AB was an ******* in college as well. Not that CTE can't develop during high school years, because it's possible, but all signs point to AB just being an ******* and not having CTE.

Could there be some other mental health issue at play? It's possible. It's also possible he's just a self-righteous *******.

Your post brings up an issue though. If he were suffering from CTE, it's likely that he wouldn't have the wherewithal to recognize his actions and therefore get treatment. That's the issue with mental health, they often don't even recognize they are ill, but even if they do, they might not be capable of seeking or engaging in treatment.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yes a person can , and should appreciate all forms of Music....just not rap.....I said all forms of MUSIC. LoL

• Like Like x 1
  10. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    Let Antonio retire a steeler. why retire. Suit him up and let him play

11. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I was gonna wear my AB jersey today in honor of this thread. Alas, I’m wearing Watt

12. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Yeah, I'm not quite sure how medical professionals like neurologists that work with athletes deal with cases that research tells them could be connected to CTE. For example, ex-players like Junior Seau and Chris Henry displayed some erratic behavior before their untimely deaths.

That said, I ultimately agree with your overall assertion that Brown seemed to be a self-absorbed a-hole long before CTE would have affected his behavior.

13. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    The ab tweet was about BA so idk how BA has no relevance in this thread.

14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I see the low life pos is selling fake watches, making scams and embarrassing himself with Brady all in one day’s worth of news

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    At this point I say bring AB back and let him play. You wanna be a circus, might as well hire PT Barnum.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Why are people contorting themselves trying to diagnose something when being a rich a$$hole entitled athlete is so much more easy to see and comprehend. He isn’t the first by any stretch but he’s rising to the top. He coined “the young money crew” before any of them even made much of a mark. At the time it seemed like good competitive swag (but I swear I didn’t like it then) but now in hindsight it was the canary in the coal mine - a show-y arrogant jerk. Once he had a lot of money and built up some amazing statistical capital he wanted to call his own shots from a very flawed sensibility.

It all seems so easy to see like a neon bay signal in 3D from space. There is no mystery. He’s just an epic rich entitled jerk.

I can think of some other comparable famous people to join his crew. Can you? If so, there is no other diagnosis of CTE for them. His otherworldly abilities provided a path for a person with poor character.

17. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Man this dude is going in on Brady

• Winner Winner x 1