1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Brown sets Steelers record for all purpose yards

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by colsteveaustin, Dec 26, 2011.

1. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    This kid is amazing.He is quickly becoming my favorite current Pittsburgh Steeler.I love watching him play. You can tell he's a hard worker that enjoys the game.If he keeps it up,Who knows how many records this kid is going to break?I hope the Steelers keep him in Black & Gold for a long time? I like Wallace,I think he also has loads of talent.I just think Antonio has a unmatched desire that is unique and rare.If we had 11 starting Antonio Browns,The Steelers would be unstoppable.If only Emmanuel Sanders could be healthy.I like him.He's got loads of talent.He's a great route runner,Who is quick and fast.What do you all think about Antonio Brown? Do you see what I see? GO STEELERS!! :towel:

2. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    If Brown keeps working the way he apparently is right now (combined with his talent) I see him becoming one of the best WRs the Steelers ever had.

Of all the young guys, he's the one they have to keep in Pittsburgh no matter what in my opinion. Wallace with his speed is nice but he doesn't seem to have the determination and hunger to be perfect that Brown appears to be having. How often to you see Wallace just giving up / not caring about plays (maybe a bit strong, but you know what I mean) when guys like Brown to their damnedest to pull off crazy stuff.

There is this article about him that I really enjoyed: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11358/1199119-66.stm .
    Stuff like "I always work at it -- every day before, during and after practice -- catching the ball in uncomfortable positions. I try to put myself through all the difficult catches that you probably can't prepare for because, when the ball is thrown, you never know how it's going to come down."

3. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I Agree.I read that article also.Antonio is special.As a fan,I really enjoy watching this kid play.

4. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    People use to say brown was better than Wallace.....I use to think they were crazy.....now it seems as I was the crazy one

5. black hat

black hat Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I agree. Antonio plays with a love of the game that really seems to set him apart. I think he's got a huge career ahead of him.

6. NecessaryRoughness

NecessaryRoughness Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I really liked Mike Wallace his first two years. During the last half of the season, he's disappointed me. It seems as if he thinks that he's a star receiver, which he was. However, that you've played well in the past doesn't help you play well in the future. Wallace has certainly made some big plays, but think about that first pick Ben threw against SF. Wallace should have fought for that ball. Larry Fitzgerald would have. Andre Johnson and Calvin Johnson would have. Wallace just kind of let it get picked and then couldn't be screwed to make a tackle; that's not what receivers are paid to do. Guess what, Mike? The most important tackle in team history was made by the guy who threw that pick!

Brown, on the other hand, seems like a guy who has a lot of physical tools, but he's had to work hard to get and keep his playing time. He's contributed on special teams. He had the goofy kick return against Tennessee last year, and he returned a punt against the Bengals. That he's an emerging star wideout who's willing to return punts and make tackles on special teams indicates that he's a guy who wants to win and will work hard and do what it takes. (Has anyone noticed at least his effort when he has to block?) With Brown challenging Wallace to be out best receiver (which he is at this point), that should give Wallace extra incentive to play and practice hard, and even with the flaws that I've mentioned, Wallace is hardly a dud.

Here's a scary thought if you root for another NFL team: Antonio Brown may be a blistering fast Hines Ward.

7. black hat

black hat Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    It seems to me that Wallace is still the one primarily drawing double coverage. It'll be interesting to see how successful Brown will be if/when he becomes the #1 wideout.

8. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I agree, Kentucky.

Once Brown starts getting doubled I don't think it will phase him. He's an athlete through-and-through, runs good routes, goes and gets the ball, and other than Heath Miller it appears that he's the only WR that catches the ball with his hands rather than with his body (ahem, Mike Wallace).

I think our receiving corps the next 10 years will be Antonio Brown, Mike Wallace, and a bunch of journeyman vets mixed in with young 1st-contract guys.

9. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree, Kentucky.

Once Brown starts getting doubled I don't think it will phase him. He's an athlete through-and-through, runs good routes, goes and gets the ball, and other than Heath Miller it appears that he's the only WR that catches the ball with his hands rather than with his body (ahem, Mike Wallace).

I think our receiving corps the next 10 years will be Antonio Brown, Mike Wallace, and a bunch of journeyman vets mixed in with young 1st-contract guys.[/quote:36jxg7ck]

I agree- Brown has great hands! :towel:

10. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    :lolol: Don't worry. You're not the only one. I knew the kid had potential, but better than Wallace already? No way.

But this is a tandem that can go far if we keep them together.

11. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah, opposing teams will be in trouble.
    Do they double-cover Wallace to take away the deep ball? Then Brown will burn them (if Ben gets the ball to him).
    If they double-cover Brown, Ben will just throw it deep on every down :lolol:
    If they double-cover both ... Heath or someone else will get scared because nobody is within half a football field of him and even my little sis could toss the ball there :D

12. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I think the biggest thing that impressed me was the tackle on that fake punt run the Rams did, considering he was the longest player away from the punter. He is going to be a great one, now we need Wallace to get back to some of his old form, he has been very quiet the 2nd half of this season.

13. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Nice job AB! Now let's go get #7!!!!!

14. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    I like 84 more than 17. 84s a better route runner,better YAC guy in traffic Ill bet 17 has more YAC yards because of speed but?,better ST player,better blocker,fights through defenders better.Just think 84 is a better WR than 17...Dont get me wrong ...Love having 17!!! Speed kills!!!!

15. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree with what most have said about AB. He's been a great asset to the team this year, and from what I've seen of him off-field, he seems to really have his head on straight, too.

16. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  17. 3carsteeler

3carsteeler

Dec 21, 2011
    I agree Antonio Brown is amazing. He really seems to love the game. I was worried when Holmes left that we would not have that go to guy. Brown catches almost everything that comes his way. Both Brown and Wallace seem like very competitive guys and that should make each other better. Yes if Sanders can stay healthy we have 3 young special receivers!