1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Brown Mega Thread (Was: AB is upset he's being fined by the Raiders

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 4, 2019.

1. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

You already know the answer to that question.

3. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Who is this? ABs mom?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    It was run as a TV commercial 10+ years ago. Bobby's second image posting says Snickers but can't remember. So yes it's real, and it's spectacular! :cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    “Great googly moogly ”

• Like Like x 2
  6. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Absolutely remember that part - my Brothers and I still use it all the time in our conversations. I'm thinking it was for Campbells Chunky Soup for some reason, they had tons of football commercials back then.

Edit: Stand corrected - was a Snickers commercial after all.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  7. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Its a video of the commercial. Click it.

8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Because AB has receipts, to contradict her story, it's easier to win in a civil court.

9. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    You can only suspend a player for 4 games for conduct detrimental to the team.

10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    There are reports she's looking to open her own gym, and she had a rich client in AB, I'm skeptical until proven otherwise.

11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Always remember the old guy’s face when the player asks, “Who are the Chefs?”

12. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    To the people who are waiting for to AB get what he deserves, don't get your hopes up.

13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Being reported his first practice with the Pats he is wearing what appears to be his old helmet.

14. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    There is nothing wrong with being skeptical. We don't know nearly enough to have any sort of definitive read on what actually went down.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Look's like the league is gona let him play Sun ..... Also the media has gone silent on this issue I heard more abt the helmet than this new allegation

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yep, to echo others, looks like he is playing Sunday unless the league steps in. AB has given Goodell plenty of reasons to use with all the negative attention, his weird behavior, using a racial slur and threatening violence against a GM. You don't have to worry about innocent until proven guilty. If it's about protecting the shield, he's given you a number of reasons.

17. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    He IS going to be suspended at some point. There's no way that the league can't do it. Once you hear that the league is investigating, it's a done deal. He will get at least a game or two as a pr move if for nothing else

If this is the case, boy are they coddling his balls. It's my understanding that the team can be fined for allowing a player to wear it, even in practice. Slick move by the Hoodie, pay the fine and let AB think that they are supporting him. Simple minded people are gullible and easy to fool.

18. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    From what I've seen speculated, Friday is the day that they will make a decision as to wether he does on the Commissioners Exemption List or not.

19. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Belicheck hasn't met a rule that he won't try to stretch or in this case disobey.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    He may get suspended but the team isn't going to drop him so he probably wins a championship and ends up a winner.

21. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    it was a Snickers commercial...

22. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Maybe. We'll see. I think a big part of the Pats picking up AB is BB trying to stroke his own ego. He'd love nothing more than to take the biggest malcontent and cancer in the NFL and have him conform to the "Patriots Way" and win a championship with him. It would be the ultimate testament to his 'system' (as if it needs any more). He sees it as a challenge, that if he wins is just another feather in his cap. But if he becomes too much of a pain in the ass and it starts to negatively affect his team, he will be jettisoned with the quickness. Its kind of like a little side bet on his regular coaching job.

Given this, I think they stick with him as much as possible though. But AB is already off to a rocky start and given his ego, unstableness, and volatility, anything is possible, even having a blow up with Hoodie or Josh McDaniels themselves. I think a league suspension, especially a lengthy one makes them reevaluate the value of having him on the team and even pushes AB one step closer to the edge. Especially give how much of his salary is performance based and tied to him actually playing.

23. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    ......also, I've been saying that if you believe in a higher power, if you believe in karma, and if you believe in human decency and doing what is right, SOMETHING has to blow up, big time. The Universe just cannot allow such an enormous ******* who consistently does the wrong thing while flagrantly disrespecting his fellow teammates to be consistently rewarded for this behavior.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011

There is the tweet I saw incase anyone wants to look.

25. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Disgusting.
    Enable him some more.
    It's such an obvious pander that everyone EXCEPT AB sees.
    He brings out old helmet and Hoodie bites his tongue. AB thinks "see, this is how I'm supposed to be treated. F-Oakland." Hoodie smirks in the background knowing that he has just bought some loyalty from AB.
    That still isn't going to save them when he goes off eventually.
    That's okay, I guess. It's only going to make the inevitable fall that much harder.
    I'm hoping he take the case to court and is found to be responsible for rape. The league will have to issue unheard of punishment at that point.
    Im truly disappointed with the Pats. Throughout all of the controversies, I still respected them enough to do the right thing.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1