1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Brown 93-7 The Fan Radio Interview

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, May 22, 2012.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Antonio Brown was on The Fan this afternoon talking about the new playbook, Mike Wallace, the future, etc. Around 2:00 he says that Mike Wallace has his playbook, and hopefully he's studying. The whole interview is 10:00 long. His answer to the question around 7:25 is what makes him so great IMO. You can listen here~ Antonio Brown Interview on 93.7

2. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Thanx again, TTF, for providing links to where we can actually hear, or see what our players said! (instead of just reading pieces of replies to questions, that you don`t hear asked.)
    I posted some thoughts in the thread about Ben`s golf outing interview, that I won`t repeat here, but that was the mind-frame I was in, when I listened to this interview.
    First off, Damn, the interviewers sure ask "loaded", or "leading" questions, to try to provoke controversial answers!
    (I know... that`s their job. More power to them).
    I had a bit of a problem with his answer at the beginning, about "not really missing Hines in OTA`S", but tring to do the "little" things, that Hines talked about... like BLOCKING!
    That`s not a "Little" thing, to me, but I did understand what he was trying to say, about "Hines is gone, we are who we are now, and have to go on without him". (Paraphrasing. those weren`t his exact words, but I think that`s the point he was trying to make).
    Anyhow, I will chalk that up a bit to trying to follow Coach T`s party line. We are the 2012 Steelers, not the 2011 Steelers...
    He sounded more honest as the interview went on, and got a bit more comfortable.
    I`m not sure what you are referring to around the 7:25 mark?
    Just before that, he is talking about how he is happy with the draft, `cause we should be able to protect Ben, better.
    Just after that, He is asked about his best memory of last year, and he basically says his best memory doesn`t matter, the fact that we didn`t lose at home, EXCEPT to Balt., and he wants to learn from his mistakes in that, and get better.
    Not sure if that is what you meant, but it is a good sign.
    And, personally, I liked the conclusion of the interview, where they ask him about concussions, and he just says the obvious...
    "Look, this is a tough game. We Know what we signed up for.".... "If you don`t wanna play, Don`t play."
    (Paraphrasing again, but that`s my take on what he meant, and I love him for being honest about it)
    Goodell probably won`t .... hahahaha.

3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I haven't felt this good about a Steeler in along time, I believe he is the real
    deal, and I love his motor. He is EXCITING AND FUN TO WATCH.

4. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Only thing that caught my ear was that they are known as "young money"and he and wallace don't communicate with each other?

5. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thanks TTF!
    I find it funny that some think Wallace and Brown don't communicate..
    There's actually a video on youtube that shows Ochocinco, Brown, Wallace and Green-Ellis working out together on 3/29. I can't provide a link from my phone but if you do an Antonio Brown search on youtube, it's on the 1st page.