1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Anthony F'N Miller

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by SteelCity_NB, Mar 29, 2018.

1. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    :lolol:

It might be the beer talking :guiness:
    But I am falling in love with Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis.

Just based on what little live game and tape I had seen of him (mostly while focusing on Riley Ferguson) I liked him but had him in my mind as a 3rd or 4th round guy. Which is where most people seemed to have slotted him.

He' not that big, 5'10, 190. Probably not a blazer. "Estimates" had him in the high 4.4s.

He got hurt in his bowl game. Missed the Senior bowl. Didn' participate in much of the combine - bench press only.

I noticed his highlights on youtube the other night and it opened my eyes. That's the great thing about highlights is that it can grab your attention. Not the end be all.

But the more game film I watch of this guy, he just reminds me so much of AB.

Kudos to @steelersrule6 and @mac daddyo , only ones I recall talking about him.

Ultra productive, 2900 yards and 32 TDs in 2 years, albeit at a small school, weaker conference

Probably the best at the line of scrimmage WR I see in this draft. Great route runner. GREAT blocker.

I'm adding him to my list of options at #60. This guy looks severely underrated. He might be and probably is a legit 1st round talent.

If you haven't checked him out yet, you should.:thumbs_up:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. steelcityclash

steelcityclash Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2018
    No it’s not the beer. I like him too. It’s basically Antonio Brown 2.0,
    I like DJ Moore and Washington as well. Gallup and Chalk right below them. If one of them is there in the third I’d be excited.

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    No doubt steel. He is quite good. I know the Steelers are quite aware of the Memphis players. Avery as well. Ferguson too could be a good QB with time. They are aware of James Washington too from OK.St. he and Miller are two similar wrs in my book. Both would make your team better. Sneaky talented. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. steelcityclash

Mar 25, 2018
    Washington is built like a rb. And Colbert made comments about strength being a quality they like. I think that’s partly why they liked juju.

Moore Looks like a Cross between Harvin and Steve Smith. Very elusive and physical.

Miller looks like a beast as well. He’s gonna translate well at the next level

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Yeah I like this guy too, good combat catcher.

Overall I like all the receivers the Steelers have been linked to in this draft. Jmon Moore, Cedrick Wilson, etc...

I'm confident we will find a receiver in this draft that could possibly even help us out this year. But then again finding a receiver hasn't been the problem as of late. It the other positions I worry about.

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Where we would /should be drafting a wr, I am thinking highly unlikely.

7. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Would love Moore or Miller in the 3rd......Moore reminds me off JUJU with more open field ability and Miller really is a AB clone physically and the way he plays....
    Washington doesn't move the needle for me. I don't see anything but a deep threat but doesn't have the size or jump ball ability...IMO

8. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I was reply high on Washington during his career at Oklahoma St. I think he is a great deep thread with great hands and is a solid person.

But he is so raw when it comes to running routes.

Probably comes into the league like a Mike Wallace. Run the Go Route.

9. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Exactly.....and unless we draft someone who is a physical jump ball monster I would prefer our WRs be more versatile and interchangeable. This offense really clicks when Ben is getting the ball out on time and adding another AB or JUJU type would be amazing.

10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They will draft a WR probably within the first 3 rounds, they don't have a 4th WR right now. Eli is injured and unsigned, DHB is mostly special teams.

11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Remember KC can evaluate the WR position. Meaning 5th
    0r 6th round.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  12. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    We are definitely drafting a WR at some point, I think it will be 5th or 6th too, but we have been so good at finding WR outside early rounds ... I still think we can find a decent one who can get some quality snaps next year no matter the round.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I thought that was going to be the case last year too, and they got JuJu in the second.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Timmons
    Woodley
    Jarvis
    Williams
    Shazier
    Chickillo
    Matakevich
    Watt
    Dupree
    Spence
    The kid from UCLA
    The kid from Washington we lost off the PS.
    Worilds
    The kid from Ohio state.
    Adams
    Any I am forgetting?
    Picked up Spence.
    Picked up moats.
    Picked up bostic.
    Picked up Williams.
    Picked up fort.
    Several UDFAs.
    What is wrong in our ability to find some good LBers.
    We will keep drafting I guess. Lots of misses with a few hits.:cool:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  15. steelcityclash

Mar 25, 2018
    I really believe it’s our scheme. Few 3-4 lbs can rush the passer effectively and have the ability to drop into coverage seamlessly. Especially when we run sub packages so often. Wish we would move away from our scheme; frankly I wish we would have had a shot at hiring Phillips. I love how he runs his def.

16. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    I agree, when you look at the great olb pass rushers we had, they weren't great dropping, they were just good enough to not be terrible at it. If they want our lbs to drop so much just switch to a 4-3 and let another DL get after it.

17. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Fichtner was in Memphis again at the pro day. As I said earlier, he went there way back to visit his daughter and said he was going to check some guys out while there and Miller was one of them. The kid is good and I stand by my way early statement that he fits our type of receiver and we will pick the kid if he's there at 60. The Steelers have been pretty hot and heavy on Miller and Washington since way early in the process. We have paid close attention to Okla.St. and Memphis this year. Quite a few players from each school could be on our radar. From QB, LB, WR, linemen, S. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  18. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Miller ran a 4.48 at his pro day, second round material.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Good to see he ran.I was getting nervous that footinjury was going to linger.

I'm very close to having Miller as WR1 in this draft. Very close.

I think ultimately I will go with Calvin Ridley. Hes a little more polished and never got to blossom in the Alabama passing game.

I think Miller has 1st round talent and will end up being a steal no matter where he ends up going. If he's there at #60 to me it's a no brainer. I would actually give consideration personally at #28 although I know that is not in the Steelers plans.

If he has a competent QB in the NFL, Miller will be a stud.

20. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Dude has some serious edge to him with the athleticism to match. Wish I could have seen more of his testing but oh well. His tape is rock solid.

He definitley should be in play for round two no question. Should the options of Inside 'Backer or Safety be vacant with him still on the board... so be it.

• Like Like x 1