1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Another week, Another Player Disrespects Ben

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TuRnDoWnForWaTT, Dec 20, 2018.

1. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
  2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    In an interview that has gone viral on social media, Jordan was taken aback when it was mentioned by a reporter that Roethlisberger is a future Hall of Fame talent.

"Is that true?" Jordan said, shooting a look at the questioner. "Really? In this era?"

Jordan asked whether the reporter considered Roethlisberger among the top 3 quarterbacks of his era, then amended it to top 5.

Jordan rattled off the quarterbacks he believes are better: Drew Brees, Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers. He then added Peyton Manning, who retired after the 2015 season.

Jordan kept going.

"You're saying he's better than Philip Rivers now? Career wise?"

Jordan begrudgingly accepted Roethlisberger as a possible No. 5 on the list, then reconsidered.

"I'd honestly put Eli (Manning) before I put Ben," he said.

3. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Dudes a dumbass. Why players talk s*** before a big game I'll never understand.. Time to man the eff up Ben and Put this clown in his place

• Like Like x 1
  4. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes, I read this. Ben, need to use this as fuel and shut the naysayers up. He can't go into this game ... unprepared and not being sharp. Ben has to be on top of his game...come Sunday. He has the talent and the tools around him to get it done. Demand Respect with your play!

5. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Tune in to Directv Ben this Sunday then....( evil genius laugh).....

6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Never heard of this Jordan galoot. Ask Brees what he thinks of Ben. Rivers, Eli better? SMH

7. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    First of all Cam who!

He should watch the drive that beat the Cardinals in the Steelers last Super Bowl win. Then watch the last two passes to Santonio the first was right on the money but Santonio failed to make the catch. On the second one he should ask himself what other quarterbacks could make that throw twice in a row once to the left and once to the right. The final throw should have taken the name " The Catch" away from Montana throwing to a wide open Dwight Clark.

Double coverage and Ben drops it perfectly to Holmes where no one but him could make a play on it.

Brady his record speaks for itself.
    Ben 2 out of 3 and has yet to have a losing season Also offensive rookie of the year and youngest QB to win a SB
    Manning 2 out of 3 with monster stats.
    Eli 2 for 2 and he did play well but he has been a shadow of what he was the last 4 yrs.
    Rogers 1 for 1 again great stats but only one SB win.
    Brees great stats but only one SB so far.
    I would put him Rivers behind Russel Wilson. 1 out of 2
    Rivers hasn't won **** so far.

8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    :hmm:

Not saying he is correct on his assessment of Ben but stating that Cameron Jordan is an "Average Joe" is unthinkably incorrect. I doubt a soon to be Five Time Pro Bowler and likely Two Time First Team All Pro player would classify as such. Dude is a terror off the edge and is a matchup problem for many teams.

All that stated, among the players whom should be offended, the entire Offensive Line should be tops of the list; Matt Feiler and Ramon Foster especially. Those two are the most likely in which Jordan is going to tee off on.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Yeah. The guy is way off base with the Ben comments. But Cam Jordan is definitely not a "WHO?" candidate. The guy is legit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. SteelersUK

SteelersUK Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2017
    Cam Jordan’s a stud. He’s entitled to his opinion but I can’t see Ben being fazed in the slightest by it tbh, so why should we?

We know better than anyone that Ben can be pure magic on his day or can play full on kamakazee. Far from perfect but we’re lucky to have had a top QB for the last 15 years.

Personally I’d take Big Ben over the other two from his class. Rivers is a great QB and it would be a shame if he ends his career without a ring and although Eli’s got 2 as well, stats don’t lie and he might not of had any if daddy hadn’t interfered in the draft.

There’s no shame in being ranked lower than the likes of Brady, Brees and P. Manning.

Too 5? Top 10? Who cares, he’s my QB!

11. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Eli Manning has had moments of absolutely poor play in his career.

12. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yawn.......

At this stage of his career, why would Ben need motivation Sunday any more than being motivated to get into the playoffs? Doesn't really matter what he thinks, it is what the HOF voters think, right?

Not like he said his mother was butt ugly or something.

Yes, if Ben wants to give him something to talk about besides throwing 300 interceptions in the last 4 games he needs to, as Al Davis would say, "just win, baby."

Case closed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Ben's mother has been deceased for a very long time now.

14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

Now Jordan is trying to walk back his comments.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

I bet he caught a lot of heat for saying that abt Ben.... I read on social media sites that self pro-claimed Ben haters were admitting he was a HOF QB

16. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I question the knowledge and intellect of anybody who puts Eli Manning ahead of Roethlisberger. I also question the football knowledge of anybody who thinks Cam Jordan is a nobody.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    He did outplay Brady twice in the sb and was the mvp of both games. :shrug:

18. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Phillip Rivers can have his stats

Eli can have his two rings by slaying the "Dragon."

This is what Ben has:

At the end of the day, wins translate into something far greater. For that matter, depending on those wins alone, one could argue that the way games are won have a snowballing effect on the other stats.

Again though:

Overall Wins > Insert Favorite Passing Based Stat.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    With this guy, the lights are on but not sure anyone's home. Dumb as a tent peg.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    He can walk it back all he wants - he's still wrong. Ben is a first ballot, no question about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Good use of 'alas' by Jordan.

His media savviness isn't great though - my view on the interview was he got caught up in a genuine football conversation. It didn't seem like he was going out to challenge the Steelers or anything. Everyone has views on who the HOFers are currently in the league.

I don't personally see how you put Eli ahead of Ben, being as objective as possible. And Rivers has underachieved - the Chargers have had their ups and downs, but Rivers has had the likes of LT, Gates, Jackson and Floyd, and some stout defenses. He's had good teams that could have gone further.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Poor Ben being disrespected. Good thing he doesn't read this message board after a multi pick loss :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Are you actually trying to make this argument or are you making an excuse for Jordan?

Super Bowls aren't one-on-one matchups. The Giants' defense had a lot to do with both outcomes, especially the first one. It should have been somebody on the defense who got the MVP in Super Bowl XLII. Instead, they gave Manning credit for throwing a prayer into coverage and being lucky enough for David Tyree of all people to answer said prayer.

24. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Yeah, but when Eli is bad...he is freakin' terrible. See some of his games early this year. Most QBs would have been benched immediately. Roethlisberger at his worst is nowhere near as bad as Eli at his worst.

Yes, Eli has 2 nice feathers in his cap beating the GOAT twice in the Super Bowl... and I'm happy he succeeded in doing so.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Cam Jordan is a beast, but not sure why he would make those comments? Never understood giving another team any reason to get up. I know I know, theyre professional they dont need it yatta yatta yatta. But lets be honest, they're human too. If you dont think Ben is going to be playing with a chip on his shoulder, youd be silly.

• Agree Agree x 2