1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Another warm-weather team came in our house & punked us...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Daddymac10, Jan 15, 2018.

1. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Whoever is scouting WRs and RBs should get a raise. Whoever is scouting DBs and OLBs should get a pink slip. TJ Watt was the bright spot, we got Bud Dupree who is Jarvis Jones 2.0, and yes, he was injured but even before that he looked just like he has been, can't get off blocks even from tight ends.

Sean Davis had a lot of tackles but I don't care how many tackles he has when they happen 12 yards downfield, and he can't cover when he has to pick a guy up from his zone read, he is having the same issues that Shamarko Thomas had only Davis has more physicality in his play but it doesn't make him much better.

Alualu is Cam Thomas 2.0, remember that waste of space? He was a former 1st round pick by the Jags who let him go, now you see why. Hargave is good, and Tuitt has been hurt since the Chicago game and before that he was a beast, but he needs to show it next season and in a way that everyone knows he was injured otherwise he is Woodley all over again.

They also need safeties and CBs, I watch a lot of games and our CBs look a lot worse that most other teams have, I don't see many contested balls from our secondary as guys seem to just run free down the field. The other issue is the scheme in general, why is there communication problems when it comes to coverage assignments for 18 weeks straight? I'm wondering what Burns and Davis' wonderlic scores were, I don't include Mitchel because he just wants to be an enforcer and could care less about breaking up passes, not to mention his coverage skills stink, plain and simple.

Well that is all I can say until next season, I know that if there isn't any changes made then we can expect the same result only we will get a harder schedule and end up 9-7 or 8-8 and Tomlin will be praised again for not having a losing season, I mean that seems to be what he gets credit for all the time, right?

2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Even with Shazier our defense was a problem.

I don't agree with the OP on the Chargers. We own the Chargers, or at least have in recent years.

in reference to the title of the OP... Not sure we ever really have home field advantage anymore. The seats looked pretty empty to me. Patriots took the ball to start the second half earlier this year, and got a quick TD in an empty, silent stadium. The TV guys were even commenting on it.

Disgraceful!

3. bruce

bruce New Member

Dec 28, 2017
    On the bright side...pitchers and catchers report in 28 days!

4. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Yea, and usually get smashed by the very team.

5. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    That's because half the stadium is on the ramps smoking weed. Have you not even been at a game?

6. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Two fourth and a foot from around the Jags 40 plus that 3rd. and 7 from the same area that Rodgers caught the pass and instead of running straight ahead and getting the first down, he tried to be cute and cut the wrong way. These should of been first downs in Jags territory which we probably score points and make the Jags play catch-up.

7. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Don't bet on it. Too many problems to fix that quickly.

8. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Every stadium is half empty at the start of the 2nd half. It's impossible to get food and/or use the restroom during halftime

This is why you should always defer at home if you win the toss. It's one of the few things our coach got right yesterday

9. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    And the jags turned their defense around this year and they have 11 rookies on their active roster, see if they can shut brady down this sunday, thats going to be a big test for them, but so far Tom Coughlin has worked a miracle, I expect to see him put that same pass rush on Brady like he did in the giants superbowls........

10. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I had these same thoughts. Every time we got close on the score board, it’s like the coaching staff said “well, it didn’t work last time, but it will this time”. Was it me or did we keep running zone with a single high safety? Need to watch the DVR, but don’t know if I can stomach it. Said before the game we needed to run blitz.

11. fansincethesixties

fansincethesixties Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2016
    Sums it up for me, too...having watched my Steelers for over a half century I have experienced a lot of let downs over the years. (along with the fantastic highs of winning it all). That being said, watching the team play defense the last several years has made me think that it's gonna bite us in the butt sooner or later, and that's what happened on Sunday. Another poster said that the Pats and Jags both "own" us, and I agree wholeheartedly. How we get that monkey off our back will be interesting to see, going forward. I have no confidence that the defense can get off the field by making critical third down stops. None.