1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Another rookie question from Europe, i dont understand why the Texans D did better than ours?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ratkomladic, Jan 23, 2017.

1. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    And the offense was unable to score 4 times when it counted with superior talent.

2. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    he doesn't think anything the defense does is a secret. watching a game with him, which he hates to do by the way, is horrible. he didn't play for them and can tell who is coming and who is dropping

• Like Like x 1
  3. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    [QUOTE="TerribleTowelFlying, post: 463818, member: 2"]That would have been the dumbest thing for him to do. Not doing so got him a Super Bowl victory and got him to another one.

And would have wasted a great defense for the sake of ego. LeBeau was beloved, but way beyond that, he was innovative and very successful.[/QUOTE]

The way I see it, he would have sacrificed two years to be much better in the long run. Since about 2010 (the last SB) the defense has been far below Steelers standards. Of course, there's no guarantee that things would be different/better had Tomlin changed the scheme, but it does seem that Tomlin failed to put his stamp on the team. I can only imagine how good this team would be with a defense on par with those 2001-03 Bucs defenses--I thought that was what we were going to get when Tomlin was hired.