1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Another play I hated during this game…

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Nov 1, 2021.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Was toward the end of the game after Johnson got the 1st down on the 53 yard run after the catch which basically sealed the game. The Steelers actually run 2 plays where so much can happen like a bad snap or a fumble instead of taking a knee. It just made no sense to me and while nothing happened of it Tomlin and Ben both need to be aware of these kinds of situations. They were gonna take the clock down to 5 seconds anyway so why risk running 2 plays where something could go terribly wrong when all you needed to do was take a knee both plays. Like I said nothing came out of it but I didn’t like the call at all and thought it was dumb.

2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I didn't like the last play. Not getting the snap off in time left them with 6 seconds for Ben to run off instead of 4.

The running plays were fine to me. They were going to be left with additional time no matter what. The running plays ran off more clock than taking a knee would have.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I don't think they were supposed to gain yards, just eat up some clock while running the play to make it tighter...

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    anybody remember the Bettis fumble that indy scooped up and almost ran back except for a Ben tackle?

anybody remember the Miracle at the Meadowlands when Eagles' Herm Edwards scooped up the RBs fumble for a score?

that's why it was risky when it shouldn't have been

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It was very close to the Browns getting the ball back. The Steelers didn't turn it over and they ran out the clock. Seems to me that in spite of poor execution on the false start, they got it right.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Remahlehs

Remahlehs Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    If Najee breaks one of those runs and gets a first down, the game is over.

Sure, taking a knee would have left them with very little time. However, if you're going to talk about risking a fumble on offense, you also have to consider a defender tripping or a blown assignment on defense.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Never saw 25 people go so quiet when Bus fumbled. He damn near fumbled away his only SB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Exactly. Even know Najee was more concerned with protecting the football, there was still a chance he could slip through and pick up a first down. Game over.

I found the announcer funny in a sad kind of way, not sure if it was Romo or the other guy but after the 6 second thing he’s like wait a minute wait a minute, Browns are actually going to get the ball back.

Oooooo, with what, a whole 2 seconds from deep in there own territory, oh noooos.

Comical.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea Romo is an idiot. He was extremely annoying yesterday and while I enjoyed him at first a few years ago when he first started out he has gotten worse I feel over the last few seasons. His comments at times of the game especially when it’s non football related are just bizarre and weird.