1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

ANGRY STEELER FAN

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TOMSTEEL88, Jan 23, 2018.

1. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Win how? Win what? Won 13 games this season. Were in the AFCCG last season. Come on you guys got to do better than that. Plenty of teams have players with "issues".

People that mentioned the Pats need to STFU. Even the Pats had their share of issues over the years. Two (Brady and Gronk) of the Pats best players did some things this season that many would consider a break in discipline. Brady screamed at his OC and Gronk was suspended for a blatant late hit to a defensive player. Not to mention a couple of cheating scandals that the Pats have attached to their legacy. Hows that for discipline? I am sure there is more dirt on the Pats, Steelers, and every team in the league.

Several teams would be without their best players if head coaches did something about said players. Ben wouldn't be with the Steelers today if the coaches and ownership had a zero tolerance policy towards player behavior. I think some of you need to take a step back and take a realistic view of the situation. The NFL isn't the military. I don't think some of you get it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I understand what you're saying but when a guy like AV speaks out about a issue its a problem. Pretty sure that guy could write a book on character....

• Like Like x 1
  3. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Was Harrison ever in the military? I rest my case there. Harrison is a no good traitor that quit on his team.

Every team and coach has different ways to approach discipline. There's more than one way to get the job done. In any event, some of you are going way overboard with this subject.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I believe wholeheartedly that if you demonstrate over and over again that the formula for success works, the players will get on board. Obviously, the Patriots have done that. The formula is simple. Put team above self. Be disciplined and professional in your approach to your profession every single day. Pay close attention to the little things. Be as proficient from the neck up as you are from the neck down. Always show respect to the team who's next on the schedule. Don't look too far ahead. Why is that so hard to understand?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    .....and that's why when guys who are considered malcontents go up there they immediately fall in line. It works for talented guys with big egos and it especially works for no name guys who only care about one thing.....winning.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    No but AV was and he said our teams attitudes suck....

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    I don't think he said that but it sucks for him if that's how he really feels. I wonder why he decided to resign with a team who's attitude sucks? I wonder why he couldn't figure that out before he decided to resign with the Steelers? hmmm

10. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Because it's a job and we don't know what other offers he might of had. I'm sure he wasn't referring to everyone but it effected him enough to say something about it. Maybe a guy with his character thinks he could have a positive impact on some of the problem childs

11. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't know, BURGH, this offseason has a different feel to it. Tomlin has missed some golden years with a top flite quarterback and I think you'd agree that there have been multiple issues related to the overall discipline of the team that has cast him in a bad light. Not saying he's a bad coach, but he's underperformed. I realize the limited partners have no say whatsoever in whether or not Rooney fires Tomlin, but the fact that several of them are somewhat disenchanted with Tomlin's performance is a bigger deal than some want to admit, especially when one of those partners is John Stallworth. Tomlin is exhibiting weak leadership (IMHO) and essentially endorsing a pathetic defensive performance by not making one coaching change on defense. Ben has come out recently and implied (in his passive agressive way) that Tomlin needs to change some things. There's a lot going on here with Tomlin and there's definitely more noise this year than in the past. I don't think Tomlin is going anywhere nor should he, but his seat should at least be feeling a little warmer than in seasons past and the only way to turn down the thermostat is to get the Steelers over the hump and back into the Super Bowl.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    What if Cowher wants to come back bc he feels like he has unfinished business. :hmm::hmm:

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    IMO Tomlin has hitched his wagon to this defense and all his cronies on it...next year should be SB or bust.
    Times up ....do we know the answer?

14. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Bust Bust Bust

15. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    You mean the organization has missed some opportunities. For some reason it seems some fans convinced themselves that Tomlin makes every decision for the organization. Tomlin doesn't make every decision for the organization.

Ben's play has been part of the issue at times too. He hasn't always played like a top flight QB as much as he needed. For example, earlier in this season he didn't play well. The defense and other players were good enough to carry the team until Ben performed better. The coaches found ways to help the team win regardless of Ben's struggles.

Under performed in comparison to who? How many teams have been consistently better than the Steelers over the past 10 years? Pats for sure. Seahawks? Packers? Anyone else?

Wins are what matter. The Steelers won a lot of games the past two seasons. Can't discount that fact. They fell short in the playoffs. I can live with that. Apparently the ownership can live with that as well. If you can't live with that then that's your problem. Sometimes have to take the good with the bad. It isn't always as bad as it seems. For some reason people tend to make the losses hurt more and to the point where they ignore the positives.

NFL coaches seats are always warm. It's the nature of the job.

16. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Am I missing something? You don't want to hear about our coaching (plus other stuff), but then you talk about our coaching at the end of the post?

17. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Based on who was available this off-season, id go get Josh McDaniels or Patricia. If you land McDaniels than get del Rio, John fox, the sea d coordinator or someone with a legit defensive background and make them your d coordinator. If you get Patricia than keep the same offensive staff but overhaul the entire defensive staff.

18. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I try to maintain some objectivity when it comes to Tomlin's performance and I'm not on the FMTI bandwagon. But I cannot understand for the life of me why some of you on this board cannot see ANYTHING WRONG with the way Mike Tomlin runs this football team. I admit that there are some overreactions, but others absolutely give Tomlin a pass on everything and I just don't understand that at all. He's got some issues and if you can't see that, that's your problem.

19. TOMSTEEL88

TOMSTEEL88 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Ok when I started this post. I knew someone was going to mention Harrison cheating spygate and so on . Bottom line Steelers have all that talent and absolutely zero trophys .. WHY ??? No discipline. I don't want to hear the jealously of New England. It's ridiculous. As a matter fact I don't care about them . Are they a great team . Yes . Are they well coached .. absolutely yes . Do you people ever wonder who one of the great coaches belichick looked up to .???? I'll tell you its Chuck Noll . Do some of you people on here know who Chuck Noll learn a lot of coaching from .??? Oh let's see Paul Brown Don Shula . And some of you want to defend Tomlin . Oh wait he did win a Lombardi but with Cowhers boys. It's pro football and they should act like professionals. I don't care what anyone thinks Steelers are the greatest organization in football and right now they are slipping because of no discipline .

20. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    • Informative Informative x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    How many Super Bowls has Belichick won without Brady?

23. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    How many has Brady won without Belichick?

24. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    Every report I'm seeing now says Tomlin lets players get away with coming late to practice and even game day. How is that a good coach?

25. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    But it was very disciplined cheating.

I’m joking...but I’m not.