1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Andy Reid:Where does he rank all-time now?

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Feb 13, 2023.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    So then nobody should be propped up currently except mahomes, Stafford, russ wilson, and Rodgers using your metric as their the current only qbs that have sb wins. Sb isn't the metric to many to say if someone is a good qb. Many understand its far more than goes into winning a sb than the qb. Mahomes is the only guy that overcome an average team enough to win. Can't expect everyone to do that though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    Of course it is not the only Metric. But a few good seasons does not make a QB a superstar either. The NFL is clamoring all the time to make stars out of these guys before they have earned it. Bake Mayfield is another example. Now that his career has taken a turn for the worse, I wonder how many commercials he will do. All of these guys are gifted or they wouldn’t be in the NFL. Only a few have the mental fortitude to struggle off adversity and pressure to win the games that matter. Allen and Jackson are two that have not shown the ability yet to overcome that pressure. The book is still out on Herbert, but I will say he has accomplished nothing to date and they are touting him like he is some superstar. They spent more than anyone in free agency last year and the team did not live up to expectations.

I guess you could say I am just getting tired of how the NFL is really focused on catering to the QB these days. All the rules are in favor of the QB, the marketing is all around the QB. It just gets a little old. Obviously it is the most important position but it is getting to a point of ridiculous. Goodall is ruining the game. It has become ALL about the money to the detriment of the quality of the game in my mind. Mahomes is being officiated the same way Lebron James is in the NBA. These sports are becoming greedy. They want to promote and protect these assets because the assets are what prop up the league to the detriment of the integrity of the game and wins and losses. I feel like the outcome of games now are all about how the game is officiated relative to what high profile QB is playing.

Getting back to the original thread - if Andy Reid isn’t considered one of the greatest he will be in do time along with Mahomes because the NFL needs Dynasties that is what sells and it is going to be pretty hard to beat the Chiefs with the three headed monster - Reid, Mahomes and the Referee’s until the NFL decides there is a more lucrative team, QB and Coach to prop up. I am not saying the games are exactly fixed but I certainly do believe calls are made or penalties are influenced by the pedigree of the QB and Coach within the game. I wouldd not be surprised at all to see some big special report years from now on 60 minutes on how these games were influenced by certain factors to protect some of the high pedigree QB’s and franchises to influence the outcome of some games. Googall just seems like a real slime ball that is driven by money over the integrity of the product by which he puts out.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am partial to Joe Montana, but Mahomes is a close second.

• Like Like x 1
  4. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    You lost me with the referee complaining. Take off the tin foil hat, bro.

5. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    Well if you enjoy the influence that Referee’s now have over the outcome of games then you should be happy.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. saturdaysarebetter

saturdaysarebetter Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2018
    He's in the top 12 at least. Been to four Super Bowls winning two. That trumps Marv Levy, George Allen, Hank Stram, John Madden, Bud Grant and Tony Dungy all in the HOF. He's won as many Super Bowls as Jimmy Johnson, Don Shula, Tom Landry, and Tom Flores. He's been to more Super Bowls than Johnson and Flores both in the HOF.

I still have him behind (in no order) Belichick, Noll, Walsh, Lombardi, Shula and Landry off the top of my head.

7. saturdaysarebetter

saturdaysarebetter Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2018
    Marino never won a title at ANY LEVEL! Marino choked in big games: stats don't lie:
    '83 playoff team vs Seattle 2 Ints 77.6 QBR
    '84 SB vs SF 2 ints 66.9 QBR
    '85 vs NE at home 2 ints 54.9 QBR
    '90 vs Buffalo 2 ints 72.1 QBR
    '92 vs Buffalo at home 2 ints 56.5 QBR

The only playoff loss he played well
    '94 vs SD 0 ints 109.8 QBR

1995 vs Buffalo 3 ints 63.4 QBR
    1997 vs NE 2 ints 29.3 QBR!
    1998 vs Denv 2 ints 65.5 QBR
    1999 vs Jax 2 ints 34.6 QBR!

Two-interception Marino was a big game choking turnover machine! Marino's post-season QBR dropped by more than 10 percent from his regular season QBR. Guess which two QBs post-season QBR went up the most percentage-wise as compared to their regular season QBR? Bart Starr and Terry Bradshaw.

Five times in his career Marino had a top 10 defense in points allowed. Three times he had a top five defense. Twice he had a defense that led the league in fewest points allowed. How'd that work out for two-turnover Danny?

Marino played for not just one but TWO hall of fame coaches that BOTH WON TWO SUPER BOWLS without Dan Marino. They knew how to win Super Bowls. Marino choked in big games.

He even choked at Pitt when he had what Bobby Bowden called the greatest college football team he ever saw. So it wasn't he had no defense, he had no running backs, he had no OL. He had it all at times and still choked. Marino, despite missing playing time at Pitt do to injuries, still managed to throw 69 interceptions. That's not a misprint or typo. SIXTY-NINE interceptions to 79 touchdown passes. Loss to Penn State at home in '81 - four interceptions. Loss to Florida State in '80 - three interceptions.

https://floridastate.rivals.com/new...er-no-3-pitt-one-of-biggest-in-school-history

https://observer-reporter.com/colum...cle_ebf3587e-0683-11eb-93c5-bfd5b6738e08.html

Marino never won a title even in high school where quarterbacks dominate play.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
  9. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Lamar is going to have trouble picking himself up after today. He is trying to go pass for pass against great passers. He is not a great passer. If he didn’t have speed he couldn’t play the position. They didn’t seem to want to play to his strengths. No RPO’s at all. That interception was just bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Good!

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Lamar will always be exposed playing in big games and from behind. He can’t process those moments fast enough.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    Andy Reid has 25 playoffs win,6 playoffs win away from the record of Belichick(31)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    This thread was started when the kid analyst was still on the board before getting the boot. Lamar's choke yesterday has to be a devastating blow to his #1 fan.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I was thinking the same yesterday.

15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Don't worry there is another. He's just gotten real quite since the loss. LoL

16. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    There is a rumor going on in talk radio that Andy Reid might retire if the Chiefs win the Superbowl next week. The talk is who would be the Chiefs next head coach? Belichick s name came up along with Vrabel, Eric Bienemy and Matt Nagy.

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I will only say one more thing about A Reid. No SB wins without Mahomes, and 0-4 in the playoffs at KC without Mahomes.

18. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    So you are not great if you don't have a super bowl?

In this case,why Marv Levy,Bud Grant are in the HOF?

19. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    Btw Reid was 0-2(not 0-4) at home with the chiefs in the playoffs....Not good but this is still not 0-4

20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    See....slow....You still don't see what was conflicting with what You wrote. LoL So You are trying a different tactic. I'm sorry.

21. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    I mean, what was your point in your post 67?

I also wanted to say, not great instead of not good

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm sorry....I'm not here to point out your mistakes. You can't accused people of thinking a coach is good , or bad....even wrongly , and then accuse the same people....say they think that coaching doesn't matter.....Do You not see the failure in this concept????

23. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    I understand but the only problem I have is that the only stat that matters to you is the super bowl win.Yes, it's the ultimate goal but only one HC can win the super bowl per year but you can be a great head coach if your team wins playoffs game almost every year and the team is often in the hunt even when the roster is not that good.Bud Grant and Marv Levy are in the HOF despite no super bowl win because they were in the hunt very often...Playoffs win matter too otherwise Marty Schottenheimer would also be in the HOF but his 5-13 playoff record kills him even if he was so unlucky

24. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    I was incorrect to question whether you thought coaching matters or not.Sorry about that,I was wrong

• Like Like x 1
  25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Reid can thank Mahomes for getting him like 15 of those playoff wins.