1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

And, with the 25th pick of the 2016 NFL draft, the Steelers select...

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by WWW, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Best QB available, time to think about the future

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Best TE available, Miller is aging

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  3. O line, we need depth and to develop new talent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. CB, to pair with... Gay / Boykin?

17 vote(s)
    51.5%
  5. Safety, Allen / Mitchell are not the answer

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  6. RB / WR, just to stack the pile!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Best player available, at any position

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  8. Other...

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  1. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Saw a mock recently that had us taking Hargreaves. I don't put much into the mocks as they change frequently, (as do mine lol!!), but if he fell that far, KC needs to get DHB to sprint that ticket up to the commish.

Id be surprised if Balt doesn't take Ramsey or Hargreaves

2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  3. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    CB Eric Murray showed some nice change of direction on that 2nd vid. Miller still caught it but, Murray wasn't far off.

4. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    The first one was the video I was talking about. Thank you for posting the rest for me.

He was just abusing people out there. He's a freak. Hasn't played the position a full year and he's out there toasting guys who are about to be NFL CB's. Great stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  5. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
  6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree, get the premier player available.

7. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Yeah I think that was the CBS mock from Rob Rang. Was surprised to see him have Hargreaves fall that far, but holy crap I'd take it!

8. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

I agree with this post however I think Miller is climbing fast and if we want him it is gonna be with our 1st rounder, don't think that would be a popular pick. You nailed our needs and as I start looking more into this years draft I am liking the S and DT group more and more. I feel we could get a quality S and DT in rounds 3 & 4, with that said now all we need to do is find a good CB guy in the 2nd and Miller in the 1st wouldn't be bad at all. JMO

9. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Idk, if they think Miller is going to be a stud then I could get behind the pick. It would also mean we would be covering our SS and/or CB situation via free agency. We sign Iloka or someone, pick up a lower money CB or draft someone in the early/mid rounds, then getting someone who could be special would be really great for us, regardless of position.

Maybe we can trade back a few spots and still snag Miller. That could make it interesting for us too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If Colbert drafts Braxton Miller in the 1st rd he should be fired.

11. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Why? If the kid turns out to be a stud, then what is the problem? I'm assuming if that's the route we choose to go, our secondary issues will be fixed via free agency...

BPA. If that's Miller, then I'm all for it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    The NFL has become an offensive powered league, adding weapons to this already good offense will keep us strong. Miller is climbing and if we are interested in him it is gonna have to be with our 1st rounder.

13. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Yes.

I know that 99% of fans want us to draft a CB (or 5), but the draft is the place to secure the best talent so that you remain competitive for years. Start drafting for immediate need (which is what FA is for) and you set yourself up for long-term trouble.

I hope the clear BPA is a DB, but in reality we'll probably end up with a lineman.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I was just going to post in the 7 rnd mock that a solid pick might be Cody Whitehair out of Kansas. Plug him in at LG.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    :facepalm: The Steelers have AB, Bryant, Coates, and Wheaton for at least another season , they don't need another WR in the first round. It's not like Miller did much in the Senior Bowl anyway no thanks.

16. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Agreed however the key to this offense has been not waiting til you need to replace a guy but having one in place to step up. I am not against the pick of Miller, like someone else pointed out he could turn out to be a Harvin type player and I think we all would be happy with that. If I had my way/choice right now with our 1st round pick and Miller and Fuller/Apple were there I would go Fuller/Apple but I would consider Miller. The draft is a place to find stars CHEAP, FA is a place to fill needs, jmo

17. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Omg I did a mock last night not sure if you ever heard of the site first-pick but I did some reading on this guy and he has Steeler written all over him.....yeah he was a guy I drafted lol.

18. MorrisFoster

MorrisFoster Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2014
  19. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Your joking right? Good at corner?

I have hope for Golson but who knows. Cockrell was a smart signing. Grant. Not much experience. Some want him at safety. IGK. Fragile Allen will be cut. This makes up the corners on the roster. Maybe they resign Gay. Maybe they resign Boykin. If they resign Gay it should only be a one year deal.
    This team needs an upgraded secondary. Two in the first 3 rounds. They were only ranked 30th in the league last year :eek:

20. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i almost bet blake will be back. cockrell, blake, golson. then grant, golden, mitchell at safety. a look to our futures group may add some depth. i just have a feeling about it. maybe a couple of mid to late round picks thrown in. gay and boykin i think are down the road. i hate to say it but i have a bad feeling they like these guys more than we think. :cool:

21. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

22. Emperor Lebaeu

Emperor Lebaeu Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2013
    Id be happy with Best defensive player, preferably best pass rusher

23. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This would be catastrophic for a team sooooooooo close.