1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

And the new player to disrespect the national anthem, IS?

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Diamond, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Surprised the league didn't nip this in the bud during the offseason.

NBA requires you to stand, end of problem.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    New team, same douchemode!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    He said that he has supposedly been doing this for years because he just "is who he is" or whatever. Honestly I don't know if the NFL has ever seen a more pretentious player than Lynch. For some guy that supposedly "hates attention" and all that he sure does do a ton of crap to warrant it. Like making a big deal out of loving Skittles or dressing ridiculously and going to pressers "just to keep from getting fined" and blah blah blah. Dude is an idiot regardless.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I can't recall ever seeing a single game where even 1 person in my immediate area is sitting down let alone 1,000.

I haven't seen a lot of football games though. Used to go to baseball games all the time and the announcer would say "please rise", so pretty much people would just follow like sheep. Don't know how it is at football games. That would surprise me though.

7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I have never seen any fans sit during the National Anthem. Not in any sport, and I've been going to games for decades. Seen a few still wearing their hats still but I know it probably was just that they forgot.

That being said, I wouldn't doubt that some fans this season may go that disrespectful route and certainly it is what our brave men and women fight for every single day but if the idiot fans in stands choose to follow the idiot players on the sidelines then the league will have a huge problem on their hands and a lot of people will find something better to do with their time on Sunday afternoons.

I agree with the poster who said the NFL failed to address this problem and now the pot is being stirred.

I would have definitely made it a point to suspend any player the following game without pay and doubled it every repetitive time there after. It would actually be better to not have them play that game, be forced to get a shower and sit on the sideline the entire game but that would have to be a coaching decision and not not a league one because of their rights to the appeals process.

Lynch went away from the game for a bit and did a lot of bike riding but apparently that didn't afford him the luxurious life style he craves so start hitting him back in the wallet. Sit him on the cooler all season and don't pay him a dime if he wants to disrespect our flag, our National Anthem and every thing it reflects.

8. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I never saw any fans sitting during the Anthem in any game I ever attended including pro base ball unless they were in a wheel chair, quit making stuff up....

9. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I would say you're making stuff up, oblivious, or completely disengenous. I've seen it at just about every sporting event I've ever attended. As for his action or inaction. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I'm sure as hell not going to call him names or take him over the coals for excercising his constitutional rights.

10. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I've never seen it and I've been to about a hundred sporting events.

11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I do

13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I have seen few, and generally, I figured it was health related. That's in football. In baseball, people don't even seem to know there is a game about to begin.

14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I had to dig this back up after going to today's game. Not to argue, but just to state what I saw. Today, during the anthem, I saw 2 people sitting. Both were clearly sitting because of health issues. That's 2 out out of thousands. What I did find interesting was a small number of people wearing their ballcaps during the anthem. Again, there were not many, but every one was female.

15. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    How about people wearing hats in restaurants and not taking them off either???? Is it just my age or am I missing something?

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    It's age and upbringing, I'm with you.

17. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    How about men not opening cars doors for their women. lack of courtesy or ones demeanor? I look at it as tradition and i'm not a fan of tradition but rather conviction. I suppose we could go on and on in ref. to things in life without bylaws . Individuality is a great thing and if a person prefers to sit rather than standing during the anthem i say to them... don't fall asleep!

"Media frenzy"

18. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Dont want to stand!!! stay your arse in the locker room until after nothing says you have be on the field.

19. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011
    There are alot of service members both retired and active who attend sporting events that dont deserve to see high paid morons desrespecting the very flag they've served/serve under and who have witnessed fellow service members lose their lifes defending it either. Respect is a two way street. So one single person not standing is proving what? So yeah if you never served you can't relate. Do that in other countries and you would be beheaded, but yeah it's your constitutional right. Carry on!!!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  20. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Kaepernick said he wasn't doing it to disrespect the military, his actions was about police.

21. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011
    Well he sure pick the wrong stage to do it at with the NFL pushing the salute to service campaign inviting several service members past, present, missing legs, arms or both and family members to not only attend the games, but to present our nations colors and national anthem from all Branches to have a high paid athlete sit and say it's because of Police brutality!!! then go to the Police precincts and protest. It's true that we have freedoms and liberty's in this country, but the Police didn't sacrifiece, or lose loved ones or friends from wars past and present in order that those very freedoms always remain available to all US citizens. Service members aren't brutalizing folks of color so why use the NFL to take a stand because they know they will hit a nerve and piss people off so it's like the pot calling the kettle black!!! There's racism in all walks of life not just whites against blacks or cops against people of color. Every generation is not doing enough to change the culture or the mind set so nothing changes it just gets worst.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It's sickening and classless.

23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Oh well if the NFL was so bothered by the players sitting during the anthem then they should change their rules, make it mandatory to stand like the NBA.

24. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011

Oh well!!! You must have a man crush on Crapperstick you probably wish the Steelers pick him up so you can be the first one in line to buy his double 00 Jersey.:prayer:

25. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't care about Kaepernick, I'm not of those people like you get all butthurt because a player sits for the anthem. If it bothers you so much you should write Roger Goodell and complain :shrug:.