1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AMEN!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelByDesign, Feb 14, 2012.

1. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
  2. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  4. Coke Oven

Coke Oven Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    That guy's full of it.

5. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Full of what coke; the truth? How can you possibly argue with this statement?

" What truly matters are the trees — the crucial plays late in games when the Steelers offense has relied too heavily on old tricks (the bubble screens that opponents could see coming from the break of the huddle, the drive-killing second-and-long-shotgun draws that go nowhere). Too often, the Steelers offense lacked the rhythm and inertia of the high-percentage offenses that they were forced to watch in the Super Bowl."

Amen and Halleluiah! "Do you see the light?" Warning - video contains adult language. Must be 18 or older to play it.

[youtube:2s84dmik]lX5tfRdkoY0[/youtube:2s84dmik]

James Brown character - played by Mike Tomlin
    John Belushi character - played by Ben Roethlisberger
    Dan Aykroyd character - played by former OC Bruce Arians

6. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Good stuff....

7. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Whoever wrote that story needs to go back to school. I lost interest within the first paragraph. He/she needs to stop looking for as many cutesy words or sayings and write a story

8. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    haha! i agree completely.

and, as far as the story goes . . . it is FAR from a "non-story." it's EXACTLY what i predicted the moment 'jackattack' went on his 'toddhaleyforpresident' campaign. these two personalities are not fit to coexist.

todd haley is a d*ck. very few people in this league like him. he accomplished nothing professionally until kurt warner, larry fitzgerald, and anquan boldin fell into his lap. THEY made him a commodity. the chiefs bit. the chiefs quickly, and happily, dismissed him. they are THRILLED to be rid of him. and arizona? where he was such a great coordinator that it launched him onto the 'hot head coaching prospect' scene? they don't want him back. so, this d*ck that nobody likes, just got fired from his current job and isn't welcomed back to his previous job.

<edited by admin for language>

and people sit around and wonder why the two d*cks aren't hugging it out?

this is a bad fit. a bad marriage. and, to make matters worse, haley . . . in a leadership role . . . he should have taken the initiative to seek ben out, introduce himself, and win him over. that's HIS responsibility. but he would never do that, of course.

because he's a d*ck.

9. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Why am I not surprised. That blog post contained too many big words and allusions.

10. mongoose

mongoose Active Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't think Haley has any more responsibility to seek Ben out than Ben to seek him out. In my opinion Ben should have been the big boy and welcomed him to Pittsburg and into the Steeler fold.

11. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Haley wants to keep Roethlisberger in the pocket, where he will ward off pressure with short, efficient strikes instead of his usual madcap escapes to the sidelines.

LOVE IT!!!

12. benwallace17

benwallace17 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Yeah. Dont mean to call you out wanderer but your negativitly makes ME ( a decently negative person) look like Joe Dirt (blindly optimistic). Tho I do agree with one of your statements in another post that ben never throws back shoulder throws.
    I'm not trying to be mean, just worried about a fellow steeler fan. All that stress your putting on yourself cant be healthy.

13. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Haley is a duck? Dang, I had no idea.

Seriously though, maybe we should give the guy a chance before we burn him at the stake... just sayin.

14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I was totally dead set against him coming here and was pissed when he was hired, I think everyone knows that. Now after letting it sink in, I do see it can pay dividends as long as Ben and Haley can coexist. Which I think they can. Everyone says how fiercely competitive Ben is, he just wants to win, I think he will do what is necessary. And maybe, just maybe, we will see the points pile up on the scoreboard like we have all been waiting for :herewego:

15. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Haley brought Warner back from the dead, Fitzgerald has nothing but great things to say about the guy who pushed Fitz to become the Fitz we know today. Other players have said the same thing, he pushes you to become the best that you can be. ( sounds like the army) If Ben doesn't like it , then trade him he only has a few more years left in him anyway. Trade him now while he's still worth more than his doctor bills.

16. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Haley brought Warner back from the dead, Fitzgerald has nothing but great things to say about the guy who pushed Fitz to become the Fitz we know today. Other players have said the same thing, he pushes you to become the best that you can be. ( sounds like the army) If Ben doesn't like it , then trade him he only has a few more years left in him anyway. Trade him now while he's still worth more than his doctor bills.[/quote]

Yes, as much as it sucked before Ben, lets face it, with his style of play plus the fact that age is undefeated (plus the cap room you could clear up) I think no one player would be exempt if they started to rock the boat to much, always worth thinking about..

He is at the point where if he doesnt start playing with his mind more (can he do it?) it wont be long till the question becomes "who?" is ready to replace him.

17. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

:roll:

18. black&gold in NJ

black&gold in NJ Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Good one! :thumbsup:

19. TheWanderer

Oct 20, 2011
    yeah, people with small bank accounts and too much time spent learning big words like to try to dazzle others with those big words instead of communicating their opinons with brevity and purpose.

by the way, the marine brought it up. i was merely agreeing with him. why don't you tell him how stupid you think HE is? see how well that goes over . . .

20. TheWanderer

Oct 20, 2011
    dude, i'm the least-stressed guy on the planet. i'm laying in bed right now watching my company go to work for me. i spend weekends traveling. i just booked my tickets for canton in august and i made my reservations for the fan blitz at heinz in april. life is bueno, brother. no need to worry about this steelers fan.

my 'negative' rant, as you called it, was nothing more than a satire of a scene from the movie the creators of SouthPark did, Team America: World Police.

21. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I bet your a muscular 6-4, 210 lbs, blond hair/blue eyes and your friends say that you are "handsome".

22. Kevin James

Kevin James Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Wish there was a "Like" button on here. I agree 100%

23. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I think I mentioned before Haley is my cuz. I have never laid eyes on him. I never met his dad Dick either but we share the same first name. I am not named after Dick either BUT, I don't want Haley to change Ben other than making him throw some short fast passes. Run to the left side maybe 1 out of 10 times. On the old board during a game I said in a game thread I said if we run Willie left three times it would be 3 yards, minus 1 yard and then he would break it for 50. That actually happened that way too.

24. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    That'll be like telling a one legged duck to swim in a straight line ;)

25. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I gotta say Wanderer you've got a helluva way with words :roflmao: