1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Am I the only d!ck that creates playoff chances?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_d_curtain, Jan 4, 2022.

1. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Come on people!

Steelers Win
    Colts lose
    Raiders/chargers don’t tie

We going to the playoffs. Simple! Intense!

we got this. Stop burying the playoff talk.

predictions the final week of the season is appreciated. No negative trash. We Trading for Lawrence after his best performance incoming of the year against the Colts!

• Like Like x 2
  2. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
  3. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    What do you plan to do with your Powerball winnings?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  4. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Little known fact I guess the Colts haven't won in Jacksonville since the 2014 season.

• Like Like x 1
  5. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Bad part is that Jacksonville is up for the 1st overall pick again if they lose.

If that had it wrapped up they have something to play for and could try.

Bad part is the Lions, are right behind them, if the Lions lose and Jacksonville wins, Jacksonville slides into the 2nd spot.

6. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    That is very bizarre. However, this Jags team is new levels of bad so I don't see it lasting.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    No one is calling you a dick. You do you. I also want the Steelers to make it to the playoffs. I just can't see the Jaguars beating a good Colt team in a win and in situation. But, stranger things have happened.

Im sure we will all be pulling for the Jaguars on Sunday. Well, most of us anyways.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    The Steelers are trading for Lawrence now too? My man, put the crack pipe down please!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I keep wondering about what teams really think when looking at the draft/ positions, and something just doesn't add up, for me at least. The fans think it may be worth not winning due to draft pick positioning, but do you think the players think that way? I mean, were talking about players that want to keep playing and I'd assume trying to prove they deserve to stay with the team or playing well for a another/ or bigger contract. If I were a player, I could care less about draft picks because that means one of them getting replaced so what is the incentive of not playing well? Maybe coaches, but I just don't get it if players do.
    Disclaimer: I am not an NFL player, so this is just my view of it if I were in their shoes. Also, this is my way of being optimistic for next week. LOL

10. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    He's not a dick he's a troll. He guaranteed Steelers were gonna beat the Chiefs and acted like he never said that when it didn't happen. Then proceeded to trash the team for how bad they were.

Making the playoffs is the goal, agreed but this Steelers offense is so inept it's basically pointless. The whole "anything can happen" saying doesn't apply here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. SteelersGermany

SteelersGermany Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2021
    sorry guys that i didn´t check this by my own. What happend if jags and colts tied and we win? Are we still in the playoff or have colts to lose

12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    since jacksonville has their franchise qb that pick isn't as important at this time. number two will net them a pretty good pick as well. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m thinking a person must have reached a new status when even Benny is making wise cracks about them.

Edit: You go Benny, we can always use another smart Alec :smiley1:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    If Jacksonville somehow wins, what is to stop chargers and raiders to end in a tie? They both make it that way

15. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I'm not sure Ben will even play Sunday:hmm:, Might have been just his emotions but too me it looks like he is done,, .. i hope he plays

16. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Still I would rather get in, than not get in. Either way beating the browns and Ravens in back to back weeks is a great way to end the season.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Colts would be in along with the Chargers/Raiders winner. Colts would get in over the Steelers on conference record.

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Can you imagine them kneeling on the ball 500 times each and playing to a 0-0 tie just to phuck the Steelers. :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    If he does I feel like he's gonna be even less cautious about chucking the ball anywhere.

20. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Because it’s a rivalry game and both teams will want to knock the other one out and not settle both getting in. Now if the game actually does go to OT and this scenario actually is possible it will be very interesting to see how both teams approach the OT knowing they both can make it if the game ends in a tie.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    That would never in a million years happen. It’s funny to think about and suggest but it’s just something they wouldn’t do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    This was talked about on the NFL Network this morning. Let's say the Jags pull off the shocking upset over the Colts, the Chargers and Raiders could agree to take a knee on every play for 5 quarters and have the game end in a 0-0 tie. That way they would be both going to the playoffs.

• Like Like x 1
  23. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    I don't think they'd do it to **** the Steelers, they'd do it for their own benefit (so both of them would be assured of getting in the playoffs). However, I don't think the Raiders would play it that way. In a tie, the Raiders are the 7 seed and if other things hold, they'd get KC who has throttled them twice (Not that the Bengals are much easier).

• Like Like x 1
  24. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    He is playing if they have a chance to make the playoffs he is gonna play and it’s pretty stupid to suggest otherwise that he shouldn’t.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    The Colts haven't won in Jax since 2014. But keep in mind most of that was with Doug Marrone as the Jags HC who was actually competent. This post Urban Meyer, Darrell Bevell situation is just a mess.

• Like Like x 1