1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Alright, Boys. Who we drafting?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Lambert, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Stop...you know there will be 6 feet corners available. Stop.

2. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    I want all of those with the height.

3. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Again....im not talking about anybody but us. What does Brady do to our zone????? Yeah....uh huh. And when we manned up on him exclusively, that was when we won. Dont care about Seattle, I care about our zone; the one Brady and Rodgers picks apart everytime they see it.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    You crack me up man! Fuller is all of 1 inch shy of 6 feet but you'll take the 6'2" guy with a 7th rd grade over him :lolol:

5. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Wow. I never said that either. It's amazing how you work around the clock to put words in my mouth.

6. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    All I know is that whatever guy Colbert gets as the #1 cornerback, he'd better be right.

7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I do believe Billings will fall to Pittsburgh. Keep in mind the same sediments were made about Bud Dupree and look what happened.

In addition, the circumstances for Billings line up with Dupree's in the facet that their positions were so loaded that their fall was going to happen. Billings does have a shot to fall to Pittsburgh much like Dupree did.

8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I do agree that William Jackson III will be the pick if he is there. However, I do not believe that Eli Apple will be the pick. I understand that this may be asinine to hear Me. Dean, but please, hear me rebuttal before taking action.

It is not that he cannot play in Pittsburgh's scheme. In fact he can. The issue lies in the fact that, out of Colberts past 15 drafts since 2000, all of them were seinors from college. To the Steelers, age and experience matter most. Measurables have never been a let factor to them. Now granted, analytics have been used by Tomlin and Colbert. It is just that tape remains king.

Ultimately, one thing me and you can agree on even if you do not agree with my rebuttal; draft season for gridiron football is awesome. That being said, here's to another solid outing by Tomlin and Colbert.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Don't flatter yourself.

But you've been pretty clear about how you don't want any part of a CB under 6 feet.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think he'll be there at 25. When I did my mock draft, I focused on matching teams with players that they have been reported as meeting with and/or have brought in for visits. According to the list maintained on the Walter Football site, Billings has been nowhere. Literally zero official visits to NFL teams. There were a couple of interviews at the combine, a private workout by (I think) Tampa, and the reported dinner with Greene. When I searched the web, I found no visits discussed online other than his college visits back in 2012.

Now, I do understand that this information doesn't necessarily mean that other teams aren't interested, but he hasn't had a busy April compared to most 1st - 2nd round graded prospects.

11. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Great post. Appreciate your input. Using those perimeters you just laid out, our choices at 25 are down to maybe 4 players. Interesting.

12. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    What I said (in the very post you quoted) was that I don't think there's any chance he'll be there for our second round pick. So if they like him and don't think he'll be there in round 2, take him in round 1. I think the latest he will go is in the first ten picks of the second.

13. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    :drinks:

14. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  15. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Yes I don't think many claimed we would take Burns but I do remember this post. Good call Lambert.

16. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016

I've got to go find him but someone else said Burns too. And he and I had a discussion about Burns and we came to the conclusion that Burns was close to being a first rounder. I'll find him in another thread.

17. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    It was GB I think.