1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Alright, Boys. Who we drafting?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Lambert, Apr 15, 2016.

1. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I think a kid from Ohio st but they throw a curve ball and it's decker

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I hope not, if the top CBs are gone maybe Colbert should try to trade down come away with a extra 2nd or 3rd.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    That's always good in theory but it takes 2 to dance

4. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Yeah..someone has to want to come up, for us to go down.

5. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Some team may want to get a QB at #25, Connor Cook or Paxton Lynch.

6. 08SteelCurtain

08SteelCurtain Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Karl Joseph or WJIII is most likely. I think we need a safety far more than we need a corner, and Joseph is a big hitter, a ballhawk and a good athlete.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I was going to do the exact same thing.......... I don't think Shaq is their 1st pick, I think they needed to do their homework on him but I don't think he makes it to us...... I almost feel Bell will be our 1st pick. They've had 10 safeties in for visits...6 FS & 4 SS so they clearly want a safety. Bell is the top safety by many boards and he is clearly a very smart instinctual safety...... but is he a solid 1st rder? If Jackson lll is there he would be the pick....... they took him to dinner, a top corner who meets their need plus the DL is stacked in talent and they can find a a solid player in the second.

Tomlin holds a football camp every year in Norfolk Va. He still has close ties to William & Mary and they have a FS, Houston-Carson who I bet Tomlin knows more about than he's letting on....... I also see a late rd pick on the edge like Matt Judon......... and RB Tyler who I really like.......... They seem to really like Tavon and they've shown a tendency to like short corners....uuugggggg!!!!!!

The more homework I do the more confused I become!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cajun-

8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    They need both in the worst way.

9. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Dont toy with my emotions in this way.

10. Badboy212

Badboy212 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I actually called the Shazier pick! Only thing I've gotten right in years lol. Still two weeks out, and it's not official, but I still think its Billings.

11. Badboy212

Badboy212 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I like Joseph, and his injury has caused a bit of a slide, but he won't be there when we draft in the second.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Love the insight your bringing. Much appreciated.

13. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I would not be happy with either of these guys, especially Neal. I have bounced around what my feelings are about pass rushers and I could see them going there in the 1st since CB, S and DT are pretty deep. However I am starting to think we should go CB in the 1st this year, Wjax3, Apple or Fuller...... I am thinking Dean has rubbed off on me, lol j/k.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Miles Jack knee didn't check out and one NFL executive called his knee "a time bomb". So there's another guy who will take a plummet down the draft board but will also cause one of those coveted cornerbacks to be taken ahead of us.

But..we have to admit that this is lying season. So you'll say anything about a guy to make him fall into your lap.

15. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Also let's not forget there always is a team doctor that says different, right?

16. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I think I want the Steelers to pick.....Trade Back , from 1st round university. He has the skill set to bring us a second player mid round level....he is like having 2 players.....lol! There I had my fun with that........

17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    At all or at 25? I wouldn't want to spend a 1st rd on them but I would be pleased if either of them ends up on the team. I'm almost certain Correa will (gut feeling). The more I learn about him the more I like that idea too. I like what Neal brings also but would like him better if he was better in coverage.

18. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    My guess is DL for first pick then 2nd and 3rd rounds are both DB`s.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. PDXSteelers

PDXSteelers Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It will be wJackson3 if he is there, but I am worried he will be gone. Apple or Burns could be the fallback. Safety in 2nd round, then another CB in 3rd round. DT/Nose to follow. They will also get someone (preferably a DB) who can also return kicks or punts or both.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I don't want Neal at all, I am fine with Correa just not wanting him at 25.

21. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    At this point, we have William Gay and Ross Cockrell with experience at CB..... I'm not sure how they justify any position other than CB in the first round at this point. Don't know why they wouldn't wait until after the draft before cutting Cortez..... seems like they just put their poker hand on the table for everyone to see.

22. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Well, have you looked at other positions? What does our experience look like at safety? How about nose tackle? I'm all for getting the right corner in the first, but I wouldn't reach for position if there's a better player available at S, DL or edge rusher.

23. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    So what reasonable 1st round potential picks would really upset people around here?

I think most of us believe our pick is likely to be a CB, S, DT or OLB. Any chance we could go OT if Conklin or Decker were around? Any chance of a WR?

24. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    I've been looking at some tapes of Burns and T.J. Green. And I was impressed with both of them. Wish like hell we had an additional 2nd round pick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I have a feeling WJIII will be gone by #25, and the Steelers will pass on Alexander. If Joseph checks out medically he could be the pick.