1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

ALL TALK

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hardini68, Jan 6, 2020.

1. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015

I don't know about this. Steelers have missed on several key 1st and 2nd rounders over the past 8 years.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    OK, but you have to admit after starting the season battling CInci for the league worst team that beating the Pats took something to make that happen. It wasn't like the Pats had nothing to play for and the atmosphere there was very welcoming. This is more of a coaching phenomenon that GM so you could be right about bigger picture failures in their organization on selection of talent. They at least got the MF pick right, initially. Apparently they didn't miss him in their last game. We'll see if they are as inept as the Stains with dealing with talent.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I agree with this. What I am more or less trying to say is that having multiple first round picks is not a guarantee of success. Of those 5 first rounders the Fins have, all will develop at different speeds. Some will be busts. I like the Steelers track record of putting a competitive team out there year after year. The Dolphins do not have that track record.

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Obsess over the Pirates much?

5. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Favorite sports team in the whole wide world!!!! That is why I got their tattoo on my arm.

Remember this, as a kid growing up in the Burgh, the NFL was no big deal and the Steelers pretty much sucked. Their was no Hockey team and the BUCS were the Pittsburgh favorite since that amazing 1960 WS win over the Yankees.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    They have. Dolphins are picking top ten usually year in year out. They have a white powder problem with their staff. I like what their new coach did this year but that organization needs to overhaul their top brass not the coaches & players.

7. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I'm leaning heavily towards agreeing with that. My tweak, for me personally, is that I enjoy having a team that goes into the season with the chance of winning it all. I'm not talking about "any given Sunday." I'm talking about the pieces in place to contend. Injuries happen. They happen to every team. Bad luck beyond injuries also changes the landscape. That's also a given. But it's the excitement of what the new season has to offer with a stocked and ready team that gets me every year. When we take that team and get *****-slapped by our nemesis before injuries or bad luck even get a shot at us, it's hard to be optimistic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Eight total?! Given how 2020 just started, let us use 2019 as the most recent example. 2011-2019 is the set of years we have to work with here.

2011, 2012 and 2014 produced awesome players for us. 2017 appears to be in that same direction although much of 2017s success will dictate on JuJus production come 2020. 2018 is too early to write off; 2019 doubly so.

Now, 2013, 2015 (for the most part) and 2016 (for the most part) is what constitute as draft failures. Le'Veon Bell would have been a All Time Steeler Great had he signed the contract. Sequez Golson we will never know about and Sean Davis is just simply bad.

However, I will agree with you on this; I am STILL debating within myself on who is the bigger bust between Artie Burns and Huey Richardson!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Well if they have any Minkah types hanging around, I am sure we will find a place for them.

10. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Cleveland had a boat load of high pics, a ton of cap space, and supposedly new management to bring them out of the dark ages. Now they may just evolve, but until they do..as with the 'Phins, Jets, and a host of other teams...I will believe it when I see it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Steel_Elvis.

Funeeee. Good one but probably the truth. I am more worried about a whole lot of other things with this team rather than the hiring/firing of non-players at this point. The only non-player that I am concerned about is the HC. He seems to have a lifetime pass for whatever reason. This year's injury to Ben probably bought him a few more years. I cannot believe that some posters wanted him to be awarded the COTY this season. This was during our mini-win streak. As soon as that stopped, the talk stopped.

Personally, I think the award is totally non-significant. I think that it represents a whole lot of nothing. Very easily, one year your team is hot and the next year not. If Tomlin is going to get the COTY for this year then what should he have gotten for last season's complete meltdown. What a total debacle!

Memory Lane: A 2.5 game lead going into the second half of the season, needing just one more win to seal up the division and the playoffs. Multiple games where leads were blown. Even if we had just won the first Browns' game instead of a tie we would have won the division. This was not a coming on strong but falling short situation. This was a "giving it away" situation. Completely unacceptable. As I say around here, Disgusting. So, tell me Tomlin-Loyalists, what award should he have gotten for that epic achievement?

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

12. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    You are talking about one game. Belechick's former assistants have done notoriously well against him in recent history. Just ask Mike Vrabel. The Patriots fell apart at the end of the year. I personally am not sold in anyway that the Dolphins are moving in the right direction.

13. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    The dolphins did have a very good turnaround compared to what was thought early in the season. After the first few weeks some say they may be the worst nfl team of ALL TIME.

14. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    How about BBs assistants doing well against us for a decade? All I am saying is that we couldn't have done what the Fins did even with Ben. Therefore, they must have something going for them for at least 1 games.

15. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I’m not so sure about that. The Pats are not a great team any more. Much has changed since week 1, Brady made absolute fools of the Steelers secondary that night and particularly Kelly who was playing his first NFL game. Steelers are much more solid there now and with Ben back and everyone healthy I’d give the Steelers every chance of beating them.

The Dolphins are a division rival with a history of unlikely wins vs the Patriots over the years. That the way it goes with those rivalries sometimes. I doubt anybody would try to claim that the Dolphins are somehow better run than the Steelers

16. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    I don't know who is run better between the Fins and Steelers but until we can go into Foxboro and win, they have (or had) something we haven't had for a very long time. With TB gone, maybe this changes. But then, what if it doesn't. I don't think we play them next season so we'll just have to wait and see. In the mean time, I'd be thrilled if we could just beat teams like Oakland and the Jets.

17. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    The "our current juggernaut of hofers fold like a cheap tent late in the season award".