1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Alan Faneca "Big Red" HOF??

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by STEELWARRIOR, Feb 1, 2017.

1. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Alan Faneca should make the HOF over alot of the candidates on the final list. His resume speaks for itself no reason he does not get in except for Steeler haters!!!! Hopefully we will have several Steelers be inducted into the HOF in the coming years. Go Steelers!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. fansince40s

fansince40s Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    When Ben was a rookie and Faneca was asked if it was exciting playing with Ben as QB, Faneca said. “No, it\’s not exciting. Do you want to go work with some little young kid who\’s just out of college?”........................Now Faneca is saying "we always played for each other", those words do not sound like a someone who was a team player, anyway he left for he money.

3. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Fanaca should be a walk in first ballot hofer. Do not know why they make these guys wait.........

4. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011
    Punishment for playing for a successful organization. Should be fair and unbiased not so much the case. The Steelers will have players going into the HOF for the next decade. Hines, Troy, James etc, etc. GO STEELERS!!!

5. tyler christopher

Jan 20, 2016
    Hate to break it to you but Hines is never getting in and Harrison might but it is gonna be a long long time from now...................

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Reading this I thougnt he did.....

Either way... he will be in there with Dawson and "Iron Mike."

Just need a HOF offensive tackle to complete the set.

7. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Don't like the title..... It suggest he's in already ... Also he was "Big Red"..... Dirty red is one of our ILB

Cajun

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011
    This is Faneca's second year, but he should get in.

9. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011
    Did not like the title...oh well can't please everyone!!!, it can't suggest he's in already when everyone knows they don't announce the inductees until the night before the Super bowl at the NFL honors celebration.If you would have read the first sentence It states that Alan Faneca should get in over other finalist.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  10. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011
    Sorry I'll have to disagree with you... if they let a Butthead like owens in they better let Ward in.

11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Best Guard to ever play for the Steelers.

12. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I was getting confused over that... thought it was my memory disappearing.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. tyler christopher

Jan 20, 2016

Come on now-------- owens is 10x the receiver hines was. There not even in same league. Hines was never a top 5 receiver in his generation. That alone will never get him in. The committee does not care that he broke some jaws blocking and they do not care that he was toughest receiver ever. They care about numbers and he does not have them. And do not come back with " well he broke all the steelers records and blah blah blah" Even though hines numbers are better than swanns and stallworths they were both top 5 receivers in there generation.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    He didn't make it this year. Honestly I think this class is pretty weak. I absolutely LOVE TD and am happy for him but I just don't know that he had a long enough career to deserve getting in and Warner is a GREAT guy but was sort of a journeyman qb that I never think of when I start thinking about all time greats. I'm happy for him as well though. I just don't think this class is as strong as others have been and some great names still are out there. Like a certain Chargers coach that was an incredible offensive visionary... I think a lot of the guys on the committee are morons though because of how long it took for them to put Derrick Thomas in.

15. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I didn't expect Faneca to make it in yet. Speaking of guards though, How the heck is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame? He was the anchor on Vince Lombardi's offensive lines that helped win 5 championships.

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Warner absolutely belongs in the HOF. Went to 3 SB's with 2 different teams. Thats quite a feat for an undrafted QB.

Here's the list of inductees for those who dont know:

LaDainian Tomlinson
    Kurt Warner
    Terrell Davis
    Kenny Easley
    Jason Taylor
    Morten Andersen
    Jerry Jones

17. The Renegade

The Renegade Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    Happy for Terrell Davis. Behind the Bus was simply my favorite player growing up.

18. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Hines was on a run first team for years...

If it's 3rd and five I'm throwing to Hines, not Owens.

19. Thigpen82

Oct 17, 2011
    I thought Morten Anderson was already in.

Good for him, one of my favourite non-steeler players.

20. tyler christopher

Jan 20, 2016

And that is not gonna get you in the hof............

21. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

I dunno. Terrell Davis ranks 55th in rushing and 48th in rushing TD's all time and he still got in.

22. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    His 2000 yard rushing season carries a lot of weight when it comes down to determining factors with the selection committee, that 2000 rushing list only has seven names on it, TD is one of them.......

23. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Still waiting for Vinnie Testaverde to get in with all those passing yards he has... It's all about the stats after all.

Hines WILL get in, there is just a log jam at the position, but it will happen.

24. tangofoxwhiskey

tangofoxwhiskey Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2015
    Vinnie Testaverde should get in just because he QB'd almost every team in the league. How many guys have like 20 team's jerseys with their name on them? :lolol:

25. Thigpen82

Oct 17, 2011
    True. I believe he also holds the record for the most losses of any starting QB. Which is an accomplishment.