1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ahead of the game, but...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by jhmiller3, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He was 10/15 for 202 yards and 2 TD's no interceptions last week. He's improving and he doesn't make mistakes. We barely beat a Palko led Chiefs, we are not the juggernaut that people would like to believe, we could be if we played up to our potential but most of the time we don't. Denver is exactly the type of team that would give us fits.

2. NecessaryRoughness

NecessaryRoughness Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    We swept the likely playoff-bound Bengals, crushing them by 28 in one of those games, and we crushed a playoff-contending Tennessee team. The Packers don't even have two 20-point victories over playoff contenders, and their 20-point win over a playoff contender came when the Broncos sucked. Like it or not, the Bengals don't suck this year. You can't dismiss them just because they have a rookie quarterback. Dalton's unlikely to lead them to the Lombardi this year, but he could go into third-seed Houston and win.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Denver beat the Bengals and they did it with Orton who led the Broncos to a 1 - 5 record. Under Tebow they are 6 - 1. I'd argue that Denver is a better team then the Bengals, the Bengals may not suck but they are far from a power house. My point still stands, we've barely played anyone either.

4. Greg the man Lloyd

Greg the man Lloyd Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    No I still think you win your division you get homefield. If you want homefield win your division. What happens when the schedule is way different and that is why the record difference.

I think the division winners should get homefield. That will probably hurt us, but I like the rule.

All we had to do was stop the Ravens from going 92 yards in like 2 1/2 minutes and we are playing at home.

5. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'll take that bet! It's only a matter of time before Baltimore requests a move to the NFC to get away from us. :roflmao:

And yeah, I meant I want to know early on that one of them is out for good, so it's easier to eliminate the other. My nightmare situation would be those two in the AFCCG, because then one of them will be in the Super Bowl.

6. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The question is, is Tebow the time of QB to take advantage of the dropoff in play between Clark and Mundy? I don't think so.