1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ahead of the game, but...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by jhmiller3, Dec 10, 2011.

1. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If we have to go to Denver for the playoffs, has anyone considered that we won't have Ryan Clark. I am assuming his medical condition has not changed.

2. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Not sure what there is to consider.

3. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Dont get me started.Im SOOOO pissed we may have to go there at 13-3 with them being 10-6 or most likely 9-7.Just NOT right!!!!But it is what it is....Im guessing 25 does NOT play. And he should not!! Its his life!! This is JUST a football game!!

4. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I agree, but a lack of a bye may not be that bad of a thing. Teams playing after a bye, including playoff teams, have done bad. We almost blew coming out of our bye earlier. Plus, would having to play Denver really be that bad? We should crush them if that's how it plays out.

5. white_steel_wolfe

white_steel_wolfe Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Us going to Denver at probably 13-3 is pure whack. I think they should adjust those rules. 13-3 and a wild card, odd but it is the teams fault if that happens. :frustrated:

6. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    I said it before Ill say it again....I do not want to go to Denver.Tebow scares the hell out of me,he really does.Hes not a good QB we all know that...BUT he wins!!...How.... with a college offense every other team in the NFL is having trouble defending.Next year if hes the starter after a off season to watch film Ill give him 6 wins maybe...But he does worry me this year!!..Think Wild Cat..Worked really well first year....Just dont send us to Denver this year PLEASE!!!

7. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Pfft...

Tebow has played against exactly ONE even semi-decent team, and he got CRUSHED. IF we have to be a wildcard, I'm looking forward to Denver. :emperor:

8. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    They will be referring to Tebow as TeBlownTheFuckUp!

9. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Much rather go play the Raiders...But lets just get there first...Hope Im wrong!!

10. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    What're we gonna do without our free safety against a team that sometimes completes upwards of two passes per game? Mundy can hang, against Denver for sure.

11. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Exactamundo. Drawing a trip to Denver would be nothing more than a warm-up to the playoff atmosphere. We should be able to put up 20+ points aginst there pretty darn good defense, but more importantly, we could hold that "offense" to under 200 yards. And if not for their quality kicker, we'd likely pitch a shutout. I can only hope for Denver, and while I'm at it, Baltimore. I'd be more comfortable playing them again than NE.

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Amazed at how many of you are taking Denver lightly. Make in fun of Tebow all you want, the ****ing guy wins, he's won every single place he has ever been. Plus their defense is excellent which will give our often inept offense fits. Add in the fact we love to keep games close and you just know we won't stop Tebow on a game winning drive.

13. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Every year I hope Baltimore and New England play each other in the playoffs, so at least one of them won't win the Super Bowl for sure.

14. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I take Tebow lightly...I just can't help myself. He may become good one day, I'm not here to debate that. I just don't, no can't, believe that a Tebow led team (at this point and time) could be the Steelers.

15. NecessaryRoughness

NecessaryRoughness Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Even without Clark, we have a real defense. Tebow may be able to run the option when he's playing the Dolphins; we're the Steelers. Tebow would have an unpleasant game.

16. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Even with his lousy secondary, I am guessing Bill Belichick will devise a gameplan to handle Tebow that others will copy.

17. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    11 guys at the line of scrimmage with one of them tasked to hit Tebow on every snap, no matter what he does? :p

and yeah ... they really should reshuffle the seeding in playoffs. last time NO had to to go SEA, this year we (or the Bungles) will go to some team with a worse record and with certain terrible divisions it will happen more often in the future.
    the fairest - imo - thing would be to keep the current system of division winners + 2 best teams that didn't win the division and then re-sort them with the normal tie-breaking rules.

if that means that a WC team might host a divisional winner - sucks to be the div winner that was so **** that he has a worse record than a WC team :)

18. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I can guarantee that at least one of them will not win the Superbowl this year, and I can make that same guarantee every year until the end of time. :D

I see what you're saying though. I gotta be honest, I want Baltimore in the playoffs. I want to beat them. They swept us in the regular season and I'm not happy about that. I want to play them again and let the best team win. If we can't beat Baltimore in the playoffs, we don't deserve to win the Superbowl.

19. Somathus

Somathus Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    It would suck, but at least Ryan Mundy has shown he is finally getting our defense. I feel comfortable with him starting for one game.

20. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    He shouldn't play and probably will not play.
    Then, Mundy will take Clark's spot and will have his shot to prove what he can do for this team.

21. sologig

sologig Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2011
    don't change the playoff set up too many changes going on in the nfl as it is.just leave it alone.
    in 2007 i'm sure the Jags weren't happy they had to play a team on the road with a worse record.they did what they had to do, win(don't bring up all the last minute stuff everyone remembers).
    if we have to go to denver so be it we should just win the game. if we could have stoped the ravens inour house we wouldn't be having this converstion.
    if we play denver,of course clark shouldn't play,just as well, we shouldn't lose.

22. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I understand the sentiment but I do remember the Steelers winning the old Central Division with 9-7 type records back in the day. If we can't stop Flacco from going 90 yards in less than two minutes then we pretty much earned road games in the playoffs.

23. Somathus

Somathus Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    He didn't win in Detroit. All we need to do is get a double digit lead and the game is over.

Fact is, the teams he has beaten in the NFL are all mediocre at best. I think our D would chew him up and spit him out

24. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

THIS !

25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    We better have a double digit lead, the trouble is, we often keep games close and Denver's defense will make it even more difficult going up by two scores. As for Tebow only beating mediocre teams, we haven't exactly had a schedule packed with powerhouse opponents. We've played NE, Ravens and Houston, that's it. You beat the teams that are put in front of you, Denver is doing it's job. Besides, according to many, Tebow shouldn't be beating high school teams let alone NFL teams.