1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AFCCG complaint thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Jan 22, 2017.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Exactly just what I am getting at since week 10 we had the most sacks, I am not talking about rankings I am talking about our freakin game plan. We applied pressure more and more on the defensive side of the ball during our 9 game win streak, where was the pressure yesterday.....NOWHERE!!!!!!! That means our coaching staff changed from what they were doing, listen to Hogan(who by the way just scored another TD) after the game. He said they knew we are a zone team and that Brady can find the holes.

2. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Can you imagine what this team will be like after Ben is gone and Tomlin's still driving the boat? Oh man

3. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Offense left 21 points on the field.
    With that said, and as poorly as the Defense played they still could have won it.
    Do your job!

4. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    Bell got hit in the groin? That would put some NFL players in concussion protocol.

(....because that's what they think with, it seems...)

5. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Of course he made it look easy. He had NO pressure on him. And he threw to WIDE OPEN receivers. Brady is a great QB who has luxuries that no other QB in the league, this century, has had.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Let me preface this by saying that the refs did NOT win this game for the Pats. But still...gee whiz. Help us out, here, zebras.

1. Hargraves was pulled down and literally gang tackled on the flea-flicker.
    2. There were a couple of PI calls that weren't made and could have been.
    3. Jesse James was blatantly held by Chung on a 3rd down play.
    4. I am still not convinced, based on today's rules, that Rogers made enough of a football move for his fumble to be ruled as such. (And it didn't even seem to get reviewed.)
    5. And the creme de la creme: the Brady fumble, which was a fumble, and which the refs never really bothered to determine possession anyway. I have never seen such a ho-hum approach to a potential turnover.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I mean my post will just be a repeat of what everyone else has already said. The use of Coates still has me saying WTF?? I was worried all week about their guy, Hogan, and he killed us but yet we stayed in Zone the entire game. Just still shaking my head at what we brought to the table in the most important game of the effing year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    :facepalm:

9. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Well, kind of is his fault for not speaking up sooner. I'll have to dig up the ESPN article, but he said after the game that he had a groin injury that's been bothering him for a few weeks now, and that he just didn't tell anyone. Had he let the coaches know, we could have game planned for something else. I blame it on youth, but jeez man he rips off 167 and 170 in back-to-back weeks, but feels like he's only 50%?

10. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Ouch! Hope your son's ok, FTM!!

11. tbrucemom

tbrucemom Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2011
    So many things were wrong. Obviously Bell getting hurt was huge. However, Ben hasn't looked himself in the last few games. The coaching was HORRIBLE! The team as a whole didn't even look like they wanted to be there. There was NO fire!

12. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    If I could agree with this more than once, I would.

I hate being one of those "the refs were against us" guys, but FFS...

We may have still lost anyway. But if it isn't a level playing field, then all that starts to add up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    It was only a qtr though. Once he left the game, things got a lot easier for the defense.

But thats not the only reason they lost, needed the defense to play solid and they didn't and unfortunately, the coaching staff didn't put them in the best position to succeed.

14. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Thats what Iam saying, yesterday loss you cant put on Ben, he played well enough to win. The offensive problems were dropped passes, bad route running, lack of running and bad play calling in the red zone. Defensively it was stupid game planning and no adjustments. YESTERDAY BEN PLAYED WELL ENOUGH TO WIN.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I disagree, on the INT Ben under threw and watch how many passes in the beginning of the game were low which was real weird cause Ben usually throws high. My wife even pointed it out and she is no diehard but still watches most games. Ben was not hitting his receivers in stride and there was one that he threw down the sideline that Butler should have picked off but our WR(not sure who) broke up. I am not blaming this loss on Ben, but to say he played good enough for us to win I don't agree with. jmo

16. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    not to beat a dead horse, but didnt he set a record yesterday, like going 12 for 12 in a row?

17. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    IMO the hardest thing to see in that game was the confusion and lack of preparation we seemed to have had. Harrison was making mental errors. Mitchell was lost. Gay looked like he was 80 years old. (he had to be really sick) I don't understand how we were not mentally prepared for this game. The mental sloppiness has been a theme of Tomlin's teams, especially against the worst competition and games like this.

Mental sharpness was a point of focus for Dick Lebeau on defense, which is why it really is glaring now. All of DL's critics couldn't understand why he wouldn't play young players until they could eliminate mental errors. DL knew the mental aspect is more important than physical talent. I think we all saw why yesterday. That was on full display. We were soundly beaten by a team with less talent (minus Brady) Allowing them to play sloppy and with poor technique half of the season maybe developed some bad habits and exposed us to good QB's. The pats always target the weak link. They went right after Mitchell and Gay. They went right after the weaknesses of our soft zone. I think it then turned into our players trying to do too much and it exposed us even further. We watched our defense mentally fall apart in the 2nd half. That was hard to watch.

I'm also curious as to why Ben lost the cohesiveness he had with Brown. They used to be sharp in their execution together. Now they looked lost and out of sync. I'm also curious why the coaching staff didn't do more to develop Rogers into the #2 we desperately needed. We were insistent on making Green the man because of $. In the mean time we ignored Rogers. If Ben wasn't throwing bombs to bad WRs he was forcing balls to Green. The coaching staff and Ben didn't develop the cohesiveness you'd expect by the post season. I think Rogers could have been better utilized and more catches would have made him better.

18. aces4me

aces4me Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    They were obviously letting both side play. The lack of first half penalties made that obvious. The Brady fumble was pretty clear cut. The video showed the fumble but not the recovery, without a clear recovery on video they can't overturn the on-field call. The Rodgers fumble was a bang-bang play. It was reviewed (because it was a turnover) but I doubt they overturn any call on that replay.

19. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I know for sure, he did the week before vs KC not sure about yesterday. The thing is he can go 12-12 all he wants if he is off target what good is it? I know it is hard to watch but go back to the 1st quarter yesterday and watch how many low passes there were. Then go watch Brady hit his guys in stride....Hogan is still running. Stats don't tell the whole story, Rogers had to pull more then a few either out of the ground or over his head which broke his stride and made him easy to bring down.

Again I am not dumping hate on Ben but to say he played well enough to win I don't agree with, jmo

20. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    They never worked to determine recovery in the first place. That was what made it so laughable. The refs didn't sift through any pile. I think their approach was, "it's not a fumble to begin with, so why get in there to see?" They just casually signaled Pats' ball.

As for the Rogers fumble, no, I do not think it was reviewed at all. I'd have to go back and watch. But people around me in the bar, even some Pats fans, had looked away or ordered a beer, and were stunned that the Pats were already running a play.

21. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    okay we'll agree to disagree. Brady did hit his receivers in stride, but they were so wide open compared to our wide receivers. Thats the difference with playing man to man versus zone and better route running.

22. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Brady was throwing the ball without a single defender in his face. Just saying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Zup

Zup New Member

Jan 23, 2017
    Trade aging Ben and sign Cousins. Whoever takes Ben, tell them we will give them Jones to help carry his suitcases. I am being half sarcastic, but could we be any worse if that happened.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. aces4me

aces4me Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    It was a turnover, it was reviewed by rule. It might have been a quick review but it was reviewed.

25. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Yes agree to disagree lol, :cool: zone or man don't have a bearing on this look where Ben's passes were. You only have to watch the 1st quarter to see he was not on target. The 3rd and 1 pass was fantastic it is a shame Coates can't catch a cold. that was the only one just look at how our WR's had to adjust to the passes after that, rogers was open a lot underneath and Ben's passes were all over the place.