1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AFCCG complaint thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Jan 22, 2017.

1. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    300 carries or 100 carries doesn't matter if someone rolls up on your ankle

2. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    It was always gonna be tough to pull this one off.

You had AB going full blown Diva, team attacked by the flu, team woken up in the middle of the night, poor gameplan, big drops by choker WR's and Bell getting hurt.

Add to that the fact that Belichek is the best coach of all time and Brady is a straight up winner and the screwjob perpetrated by the refs hardly registers at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Agreed. This was not a loss because LB wasn't in there (for the most part) - but a failure to adjust once coaching realized he wasn't coming back. Consider we came out of halftime only down 17-9, and with the ball... yet still with the same offensive mindset as if it were the beginning of the game. Where were the adjustments??

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It was a groin injury though, but still that could happen game one.

5. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    I know, it was an example. I've played thousands of games of hockey but pulled my groin playing pickup with some buddies. It happens and isn't due to usage

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    All they had to do was watch the Houston game the week before. It was right there in front of them to see how to pressure Brady.

7. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Lol man oh man thank god for poor pitiful goofy lookin Eli! Brady really is the best ever, but thanks to a couple of the the luckiest nonsense plays of all time he has two less Lombardis than he probably should. thank you, Eli!

• Like Like x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah that was disappointing, I thought maybe Shazier and Timmons could pressure Brady with the fire zone blitz there was nothing.

9. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    We don't live in our fears though. We're going to execute our game plan no matter what. If that isn't arrogance at its finest, I don't know what is

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I really was surprised by the lack of pressure on Brady but really shouldn't have been. Belichick just neutralizes everything you do well.

Then we played zone against Brady and the results were predictable.

They lived in their fears tonight, they should have let it all hang out. Couldn't have been any worse.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I think they word you're looking for is 'ignorance'.

12. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Avoid playing pats especially in NE

13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I was hoping somebody would lay out that big mouth Edelman, the game was over in the second half it would be worth getting a penalty to stop him from yapping.

14. lamberts lunatic

lamberts lunatic Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I get it but we should have spanked them tonight even without Bell

15. dominilate

dominilate Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We have to change the Defensive culture of just being a bend don't break team due to the zone coverage we use. I'm not saying we move from the zone BUT we cant be one dimensional on Defense. I thought it would be easier for rookie DB's to play man rather than zone and I was even hoping for a Justin Gilbert sighting (we signed him for 2 years, he's 6"2 and has experience in the league) but it never materialized. William Gay in man to man is still William Gay and Mitchell is not the quickest or brightest safety to help out if a corner gets beaten. Our linebackers are not great in space or coverage but i'm not sure how much man coverage is practiced.

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I thought our defense played against Brady.

17. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    It's almost like he's reading our playbook....

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Major complaint?

Wonder what happened to the heavy run sets via Hubbard + Nix on that goal-line situation?

That would have helped greatly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    We don't live in our fears huh? In that case, I'd like to ask Tomlin why we are not calling timeout on 3rd and 7 at the end of the 1st half
    Turns out, they got the 1st down, but that infuriated me!

20. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    A poor coaching job did not help. Brady needs to retire, though. Lots of other good coaching this year I will say.

21. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    You can't get pressure on Brady rushing 3........and then to play zone on top of that is just plain and simple dumb. We do it every time we play these guys I am not sure who is making these calls vs them but it sucks. All the threads on here was pretty clear pressure and hit brady, we didn't. !st play of the game we rush 3........

My complaints are as follows:

Defensive game plan was beyond horrible

Defensive game plan was never changed or adjusted

Ben is getting worse by the game

I do not blame the officals for anything, show me one game where there isn't a bad call. You have that it is part of the game, good team overcome and bad team go home......we are going home!!!!!!!

22. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    And then to not adjust at all to taking away AB which they were doing with a safety. They didn't put him in motion and have DHB and Coates on the outside, no drag routes with Rogers, seam route to Jesse or Grimble even, no slants, no bunch formation with pick plays, no screens, heck the red zone didn't even try a play action fake and throw to a TE. Absolutely bizarre game plan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Chris Pye

Chris Pye Active Member

Jan 8, 2016
    Personally I think the reason we lost was this, we couldn't get any pressure on Brady, their OL wasn't letting anything through or we didn't try hard enough. We couldn't get the run game going (Bell getting injured was bad but even had he not been injured he would have been ineffective), DW had a good go but he couldn't break through. Our secondary was not good enough at stopping those lightning fast throws to Hogan and Edelman, what's the point in stopping Brady on 1st and 2nd down if your gonna let them get 12-15 yard throws ripped off straight down the middle on 3rd down? I think we should have stopped the pass rush knowing that no one was getting through and focused more on pulling the LB's back a little and the Safety's forward to stop those short throws. You could also show you're about to Blitz and then pull back and hope for an INT chance.

Overall we didn't quite play well enough, wasn't terrible by a long shot, I just think the Pat's out-played us. Hopefully Brady retires if he wins the Superbowl this year and we might have a shot at number 7 next year.

24. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Complaints,

1. Everybody in the world says you can't play zone defense against Brady and we do the whole game.

2. Play calling in the red zone.

3. I could see Coates was not good at catching, why can't the coaches. No. 15 should of played in his place.

4. Because we became Bell's team and with the doubling of Brown, we got away from being a good passing team, and utilizing others more in the passing game. We forgot how to be a good passing team. I.e. Pats.

5. Our linemen and running game looked tired tonight. Having a bye and home field does have an advantage.

6. Looked like our second receivers are not in sink with Ben as much as Brady is with his receivers. Again I think the reason is we relied too much on Bell during the season and when we really needed it we were not sharp like they are.

7. We need to draft the best pass rushing outside linbacker in the draft, and let go of Jarvis Jones.

25. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Defense looked lost.
    why?