1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AFC Playoff Race

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TWISTER, Dec 10, 2023.

1. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

SEND GIFT BASKETS NOW!!!!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    The Bills really didn't look all that good on offense against the Patriots except for some plays here and there in the second half. They were gifted four turnovers, one was a pick 6 and the other three left the Bills the ball inside the red zone or at least deep in Miami territory. They mustered 20 points off of those four turnovers. Problem is, I'm not sure I see them following that game up with another stinker on offense. They might just come out firing on all cylinders.
    Most we can hope for is that the Bills can't keep up with Miami's speed on offense but at one point Tyreek Hill came up gimpy in the game so Miami is definitely not 100% going into this game.

3. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    The Bills have been bad on the road this year

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    Lawrence could be out again....

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tweezer

Tweezer Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2020
    That would be great. Closer we get to the weekend the worse I'm feeling about our chances. Talk me off the ledge!!!!

6. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Tonight’s game Texans/Colts….Please end in a TIE, so we don’t have to wait til tomorrow.

we are in with a tie and then if Miami does beat Bills tomorrow we are 6th seed

• Like Like x 1
  7. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Oh the Hou/Ind game will end in a tie at the end of regulation for sure.
    We all know the NFL is fixed and they will toy with Steeler fans to no end

field goal in OT with 43 tics of the clock left as Houston punches their ticket.

Steelers fans are left watching all weekend for viewership of the NFL running up their numbers

8. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers won. Obviously.

9. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    This isn't looking good. Mostert and Waddle are both expected to miss the Dolphins' game against the Bills.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Just dropped a bomb on Jags Bills ML Parlay plus 147

God Speed

11. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Lawrence out for Jags is huge. Titans may be the team that gives us week 19.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    A couple comments about making the playoffs:

1) If we get in we deserve to be there. That's how it works. The teams that meet the criteria make the playoffs. So you deserve to be there. Period.

2) If we get in we did not "back in." Games that were won and lost in week 3 that impact our situation are no less meaningful than games in week 18. The timing makes if "feel" different, but it's not. If we jump the Bills because we have a better conference record...that's not backing in, that's the reward for a cumulation of winning criteria over an entire season.

3) Being 5-1 in our division and 10-7 overall is going to be good enough to make the playoffs most seasons. I would guess more than 90% of the time. If the Bengals beat the Browns today, every team in our division will have a winning record. Going 5-1 against that group is no small feat.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    4 Losing to Arizona and New England at home likely cost us a playoff spot which is sad.

14. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    Or Vrabel still hates the Steelers and will do anything to let a division opponent in the playoffs so the division looks better.
    Actually, i think he is fighting to keep his job so he comes out punching

15. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    [​IMG]

16. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Three games matter.

See Cards, Pats, Colts games.....

17. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Vrabel isn't the one playing. He may want his team to play hard, but in the 2nd half when one team's season is on the line and the others has no meaning - which set of players will play just a little harder?

I'm betting Lawrence plays.

18. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    The Steelers don't have good tiebreakers. They lose tiebreakers to the entire AFC South. The hold tiebreakers that don't/won't likely matter.

19. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Buffalo needs the game way more than Miami. Getting in the playoffs is more important than seeding.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    If Jax lost to Tits Buffalo is IN

21. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Not really.

They beat KC in KC. They took the Eagles to OT in Philly.

They've been better at home than on the road, but the bigger issue is Miami has been putrid vs good teams.

Miami beat Dallas barely in Miami a few weeks ago (which killed the Steelers as much as anything).
    Buffalo crushed Dallas recently.

I would be more surprised if Miami won today than Buffalo winning by 2 TDs or more today.

22. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I don't see Miami beating Buffalo, better hope Tennessee pulls off a upset today

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    And so would the Steelers, so I wouldn't care about the Buffalo/Miami game (except it would determine the Steelers playoff opponent).

24. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    Kansas City also lost to the raiders 2 weeks later....Not the same team as in the last 5 years....The eagles have been bad for more than a month too.And almost beating won't be enough for the bills this evening.The Bills' other two wins on the road were against Washington and the Chargers by just 2 points 2 weeks ago....They lost to the Jets (after losing Rodgers) and the Patriots too...The game against Dallas, was the only easy victory for the Bills in 1 month

In all the games the Dolphins had against teams with a winning record, only one game was at home and that was their win against Dallas

25. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    And how is Dallas on the road relative to Buffalo?

I'm not betting the game either way, but if I was, no way I bet on the Dolphins. If you're so confident in Buffalo, be my guest and bet them. There is a reason the Bills are favored to win in Miami.